Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Naco Commerce Event

SabinaSabina
Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
edited February 1, 2017 in Vault
Varmints are back on the highways of Erinn and it's time to protect the caravans and keep trade alive! The Naco Commerce Event is here, and you'll be tangling with the rowdiest roughnecks in the wilderness as they try to prevent commerce from thriving. And for those that aren't a fan of the violence, stick to making money with a 30% boost to Commerce Ducats, Gold and EXP!

00J2z-e4df2c08-10b5-4660-a9be-23c77013120e.jpg00J2z-080bd1f4-f8e9-4484-94f2-0da4835aa250.jpg00J2z-0f477ca0-9f96-47e2-9484-e40fa965a5db.jpg

READ MORE

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Cool beans. Too bad there are no specific instructions on times and the how-things-work department. Gonna take our combined communal brains to figure out the details. Like: I just did an ordinary commerce run and I just got one Red Bandit Badge. The event banner seemed to say that there is a (supposedly NPC) caravan to defend every 36 minutes. Lets all figure this out!
    Darkpixie99
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    The bandits seem to spawn every night at 6pm in game in the location mentioned in the banners (in game) of the area you're in.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 1, 2017
    Yeah, at first this event sounded great, but most players are expecting a better description on the spawn points. At least I can get more ducats if I never end up with the chair or homestead exterior items, which are okay I guess as new additions.

*edit*
    Also, this is an error, you need 5 and not 1.
    54f7867531224dcb8d1df6e95d187e15.png
    Plus, killing the boss spawn for the event doesn't guarantee any drops.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I updated the wiki with the information I found myself and on this forum which should be more accurate than the event page.
    As for the event, I'm probably going to not bother. Everyone with the brain of a mmo player already found out how to farm the badges via channel surfing and not bothering with the big boss. I'm just going to ride on the +30% commerce bonus for this event... if that is accurate.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Yeah, and you have a chance at a red badge from commerce like normal.
  • CassafrasCassafras
    Mabinogi Rep: 445
    edited February 1, 2017
    I am so happy about this, I've been hoping for so long for Homestead stuff that's not just miniatures and actually useful.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Been waiting for this event!
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    There is another thread in General section discussing the event. There might be information posted there if you wanted to check it out. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1781/naco-commerce-event/p1
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Anemki wrote: »
    Can someone please explain how getting the Wood Chip, Shiny Tree or the Treehouse works?
    The event page lists it as turning in say 30 badges for the Treehouse, but which NPC and what conversation button are we supposed to select to choose the reward we want with the badges we've obtained?
    I'm not getting this. :<
    I wish to receive some clarity on this too, as I just handed in 15 Badges and only got 3 boxes. Wish I could get the screenshot link to work as proof, but I never saw any wood chip.
  • ShoogShoog
    On page 5 from the thread I linked above. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1781/naco-commerce-event/p5 It looks like the wood chip is a log homestead prop that comes from one of those boxes we get from Naco.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Shoog wrote: »
    On page 5 from the thread I linked above. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1781/naco-commerce-event/p5 It looks like the wood chip is a log homestead prop that comes from one of those boxes we get from Naco.

Yeah, but it still would have shown up in system as a reward if it had been a trade in for giftbox requirement. So, does this mean we're limited to only 1 town and quest per day for 15 days for 15 trade ins? That still doesn't make any sense in how to get the treehouse.
  • ShoogShoog
    Ah! I see what you are saying now. I had to recheck the announcement page. Sorry about that.
    Red Bandit Badge Rewards:

5x Red Bandit Badges: 1x Surprise Box, filled with new Homestead items!
    Purchase 10 Surprise Boxes and receive a Wood Chip Homestead item
    Purchase 20 Surprise Boxes and receive a Shiny Wood Homestead item
    Purchase 30 Surprise Boxes and receive a Treehouse Homestead item
    Max of 3 Surprise Boxes purchased per day

It looks like we will have to do the event 10 days total to get to the 30th event box as long as we turn in badges to get the 3 boxes per day. Then it takes 6 days to get the chair from the Bandit event quest by turning in the red badges once per day for one town.

Sorry if I'm missing any info or anything, I'm a little tired tonight. ^^
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

There's so much going on in this event that all the variables just weren't all that clear.
    So 15 badges for gift boxes + 5 for chair is indeed 20 a day for 10 days. It's possible if you have enough time and can pick up the dropped badges before they despawn, but not so much if you have a life and stuff.

• ClefClef
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200

There's so much going on in this event that all the variables just weren't all that clear.
    So 15 badges for gift boxes + 5 for chair is indeed 20 a day for 10 days. It's possible if you have enough time and can pick up the dropped badges before they despawn, but not so much if you have a life and stuff.

It takes 3 minutes to get 40 if you use the right method :s If you really cannot do it on your own, have a friend aoe the red bandits while finish rule is on "anybody", then finish them and pick up the medals. It won't be that many but should be enough for the daily. :^)
    Carlize
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Clef wrote: »
    It takes 3 minutes to get 40 if you use the right method :s If you really cannot do it on your own, have a friend aoe the red bandits while finish rule is on "anybody", then finish them and pick up the medals. It won't be that many but should be enough for the daily. :^)

Seconded. I got 30-40 in one night.

Did anyone notice if we lose the red bandit badges each day or if we can stockpile them? I meant to check but totally forgot.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    Carlize wrote: »
    Clef wrote: »

Seconded. I got 30-40 in one night.

Did anyone notice if we lose the red bandit badges each day or if we can stockpile them? I meant to check but totally forgot.

They carry over. I turned in 3 more rounds this morning after 7am PST.
    Carlize
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I wanted to ask. We do know we need 10 completed days (meaning doing the daily quest + the 3 turn-ins) to actually get the Tree House, but can we turn-in after those 10 days? For extra boxes. If someone does the event every single day, it leaves 5 days before the end and that would mean (5x3=) 15 boxes extra for more homestead props.
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    sometimes they don't spawn, the bandits
  • ShoogShoog
    Nichee wrote: »
    sometimes they don't spawn, the bandits

From what I've experienced, they still spawn in the same area but sometimes not in the exact spot. You just have to search around for them nearby.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    NekoLily wrote: »
    I wanted to ask. We do know we need 10 completed days (meaning doing the daily quest + the 3 turn-ins) to actually get the Tree House, but can we turn-in after those 10 days? For extra boxes. If someone does the event every single day, it leaves 5 days before the end and that would mean (5x3=) 15 boxes extra for more homestead props.

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to turn in more boxes. We just wouldn't get the additional rewards (Wood Chip, Shiny Wood Tree and the Treehouse) again.