Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The new Cave of Trials

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
edited March 19, 2020 in General Chat
...actually got very hard this time.

This year I made it all the way to the final round (and died), so I figure I would make a topic and hear how everyone else is doing with it.

The cave has 15 battles in total, many of which will seem familiar during the early fights.
The first 10-12 are pretty much direct copy pastes of last time.

The final 2 fights however...
This is where things get interesting.

I won't spoil the surprise if you haven't reached it yourself (considering the event JUST started), but you are going to meet some familiar faces, and they will feel a LOT stronger than you remember them.

But on that note, how is everyone else doing with their attempts?
Hopefully good enough to get the "much improved" title, as it has fairly decent stats alongside just sounding nice.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh I am looking forward to this when I get home. Already pre-raging. :D
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    i just love wasting time on succubus queen. Very fun. Really don't understand why she has so much hp / dumb mechanics when the ones after die instantly
    Other than that it doesn't seem bad at all. I just ran out of time on 14
  • NilremNilrem
    dowie wrote: »
    i just love wasting time on succubus queen. Very fun. Really don't understand why she has so much hp / dumb mechanics when the ones after die instantly
    Other than that it doesn't seem bad at all. I just ran out of time on 14

Yeah, the Queen was the longest part of my run all on her own.

Safeguard and having to wait for her to come down from her meteor attack multiple times in a row.
    Just a lot of waiting. At least the Trials version of her doesn't have Fiends or the Wraith. Significantly easier than phantasm queen.
    Blissfulkill
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I still die to the Master Lich :C
  • NilremNilrem
    Sherri wrote: »
    I still die to the Master Lich :C

If you have trouble with Master Lich, use Demigod and Wings of Eclipse to avoid his fire/bat hitstun nonsense and turn the fight into a damage race.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Can't even enter. She says some crap about a special weapon (spirit?) and nothing happens after that.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Can't even enter. She says some crap about a special weapon (spirit?) and nothing happens after that.

You can't enter if certain weapons are in your inventory.
    Things that summon helpers when you hit enemies, such as Ragdoll Weapons (Fennec Fox, Bear, Rabbit, etc) must be placed on pets or in your bank before you'll be let inside.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Wait we can't enter with spirit weapons?
  • knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    edited March 22, 2020
    One final hit completes the mission. It will be better to have an option of choosing difficulty level.

0oCTkYK.png

Proper way will be to use fighter for bosses without minions.

For succubus queen, I think you get about 5 seconds to kill her before you get safeguard effect debuff, which reduces damage dealt to her. Safeguard can stack 3 times, and 1 layer is removed every minute. You need to change camera angle to look at her since she will fly 1 minute and dodge her meteor attacks. Then when she lands try to debuff her with spinning uppercut and death mark while staying alive. Try do deal damage but it will be 5 to 15 times lower depending on Safeguard debuff on you and your debuffs on her. She will spam snap cast ice spear. I assume you can deal her full damage after 3 minutes. So you can use Safeguard debuff time to get ready with battlefield overture and bone dragon chip.

1mZwjJw.jpg

I had to record a video to capture 45 sec finish since the captured image ticks to 1 minute
    Trees
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    Crims wrote: »

Nah you can enter with spirit weapons. Triona's text specifies a doll like weapon, which is the rag doll. Once I took that out of my inventory I could enter.
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    edited March 20, 2020
    I forgot I had a squirrel rag doll in my inventory, that's what was keeping me from entering. Grats on the peeps who have finished the cave of trials.
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    I didn't think I would get the "Much-Improved" title with how far I got last year, but I managed to get it by beating another trial this year.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Crisda wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »

Nah you can enter with spirit weapons. Triona's text specifies a doll like weapon, which is the rag doll. Once I took that out of my inventory I could enter.

For me, I was able to enter once I banked my Marshal Warhammer.

I could've sworn I was able to take it into the cave with previous versions
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Woo I beat it.

The second to last fight I was able to just tank and run around since I went in with Heavy Armor, but the final fight...

I popped Nascent Divinity and just ran around spamming Blast and Shield of Trust for the temporary HP shield. xD
    I took out the big guy, then the medium guy, then the caster girl, though I'm not sure what order is actually best.
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    Any tips on beating the succubus queen?
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Hope stuff pre-loaded from the fight before to deal as much damage as possible before she hits you. Once you have the safeguard effect manually dodge all the attacks till it gets to level 0 (or 1 if you have the damage) to start attack again. Unlike the phantasm boss room you really don't have objects to hide behind. :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 20, 2020
    Beat it first try. Berserked it. ^_^

Oh when I mean berkserked it I mean I basically spammed final hit with my final hit set with full armor and all buffs. There was one hairy moment when Brill almost one shotted me, but I was able to recover and smack that bleep up for such disrespect. XD
    Radiant Dawn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Succubus Queen is impossible without FH, she keeps spamming heal smh
  • NilremNilrem

Wound damage is your friend here.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

By heal you mean the part where she absorbs the illusion of your character?
    That part is cheap enough normally, but during the trials since she doesn't have an HP bar down at the bottom of the screen, you can't even see how many crits you need to cancel it.
    So I took the advice I'd heard of just using a Chain Blade and using Anchor Rush with the timing to make it so that you've got invinc frames when your illusion actually reaches her. I'm not sure if it stops her healing, but it keeps you from taking that damage and receiving an instant Lv3 Safeguard debuff.
    KingEphy