Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Worst 12th Anniversary Event

AnarchieAnarchie
Mabinogi Rep: 700
edited March 20, 2020 in Nao Chat
I am quite disappointed in this event, the prizes are quite terrible. You have to spend 20k Gold to get a chance to spin the roulette only to end up with horrendous prizes such as Proficiency Hammers and Full Recovery Potions. For someone who has been following this game since beta I have to say that it is quite disappointing to know how Nexon runs things nowadays.
  1. Is the event even worth it?12 votes
    1. Yes
       17% (2 votes)
    2. No
       42% (5 votes)
    3. Maybe
       42% (5 votes)

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Products like this will naturally decline the longer they are in existence; it's a fact of life. As for the event itself, some of the mechanics (like the roulette) aren't too much different from previous events, including the past few years' anniversary ones. Try to enjoy the aspects of the event that actually were done differently. I'd say the general atmosphere would count towards that.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    wouldn't be too bad if the prizes didn't expire... otherwise I'm good with it... I just got 300k :P
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited March 21, 2020
    I like what they did, tbh. It was nice seeing all the NPCs (Caswyn is hilarious). You can just spend tickets for the lottery machine, I’m maxing out my gold spins for the sequel figsures and that Yggdrasil thingy—it might be an HS prop *-*
  • AetherMagykAetherMagyk
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    edited March 25, 2020
    This is my first anniversary event, I like it so far. The mount and outfits are nice.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    It's a good gold sink. You get to spend 400k each day. I hope this event will impact the economy on a better side.
    Radiant Dawn
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    While I can say for certain that, out of all the 12th anniversary events we've had, this year's is the worst....it has a few good points.
    On any other day, 20k for a Hammer of Proficiency is an amazing deal. I'd rather have too many than none.
    I really appreciate that the cave of trials actually rewards strength, if only slightly. I'm so tired of events that a level 1 character can do just as well as a 12 year veteran. Prizes could easily be scaled based on accomplishment the way the Cave of Trials' reward boxes work, but almost every even is just afk or daily quest.
    The event gacha machine, overall, is really terrible. Even after spending tons of gold, you can only really hope to win gold. Whether or not it's profitable....it's boring.
    I do like the theme they used. Storybook Tir is a neat place.
    I was glad to see the buff events show up. Before that announcement, the event seemed like it didn't offer much.

Of every event I've seen so far, anniversary or otherwise, my favorite has been the SAO event. Not because of the large scale or the anime crossover, but because the event had players delve into dungeons repeatedly and face difficult enemies. Then, it provided many unique and practical rewards. Even if there were similar events on a much smaller scale, it would be really nice to be rewarded for something that not literally everyone who bothers to login will receive.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 29, 2020
    Spam the same ass dungeons wasn't fun. And the Ice Dragon event was boring, all you had to do was pick dragon's (literally) crap and fishing event had nothing to offer besides a swimming suit RNG box which had abysmal drop rate as well and you had no idea which swimsuit you might get... The SAO event was horrendous. At the end of event, all i got was Nishida and Lisbeth second titles. That's everything i got as a reminder this disaster happened.
    At least Fate Stay Night UBW was way more rewarding. Got plenty of shopping bags, figures, weapons and actual good titles after it. Without P2W gacha nonsense.