Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet/Partner Revival OR Pet/Partner server transfer

KeichiroKeichiro
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
edited March 25, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
What's up everyone, Kei here~
I've moved to the Nao server soon after it was created and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. I have a huge amount of pets and even a Maid, Butler and Commerce Partner back on Alexina. Now, I thought I knew what moving servers implied. Starting from scratch, buying new pets and partners if I wanted to have them... That kind of thing.

Except many of these pets haven't been for sale for several years. Using the Commerce Partner as an example, the last time she was sold was way back in 2016. It's been nearly four years. There are other pets I'd be interested in getting back, like one of the Alpaca pets for example. I think it's been long enough, if not too long, since some of these could be acquired and it's setting back old and new players alike.

With that said, I'd like to propose an event where pets that haven't been available for a certain period of time return to the cash shop for a limited time. Maybe not all at the same time, but in waves, like a certain batch of pets/partners a month so people could have enough time and money to get their hands on them.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a server transfer service. It would allow veteran players who have moved to bring their most important pets and partners with them. But this strikes me as a worse solution if only because it benefits a much smaller amount of players, leaving newer players still unaccounted for.

I don't mind paying for new pets on Nao. I just need them to be available if I'm going to do that.

That's all for now, please let me know if you have any complimentary suggestions that could improve this post. Cheers and see you all ingame~
  1. Would you like to see old pets back in the shop?3 votes
    1. Yes, make them come back in events periodically.
       33% (1 vote)
    2. Yes, add them permanently to the shop.
       67% (2 votes)
    3. No, I don't want everyone to access the same pets.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Commerce was sold recently... November 5th 2019... http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/8/00JGn/shopkeepers-sale-partners-are-back-again

However that is not the point... the point is everything should come back permanently... they would make a killing off of that.
    Keichiro
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    edited March 25, 2020
    Oof, I was only going off the info on the Wiki. Guess I had horrible timing and missed that sale, thanks for the info.
    But I agree, making pet sales so limited isn't benefitting anyone. Not Nexon, who could have my money for that new Commerce Partner by now, and not the players who can't always catch a sale when it is up.

EDIT: Added a poll.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 25, 2020
    They are selling Partners every year twice for sure. The also bring back pet sales occasionally. Don't look up for wiki because it's poorly updated, especially on such things.
    Sherri
  • sunstreaksunstreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Hmmm, I decry the death of pet cards in general. (The game seems to have moved towards gacha pets; and thus whistles now). ...It would be nice if purchasing a pet would grant an "unlock" on that account. Once you buy a pet, it can always be re-acquired through an interface. (The Pet Card window already has most of this dialogue, it lists all the pets afterall). Perhaps this could be a VIP-only feature; which would generate further revenue for Nexon, and [hopefully] reduce abuse. Lastly, the pets acquired through this "unlocked" feature should be un-tradeable; or perhaps only allow a single trade, to prevent any one player from flooding the market with a bevvy of pets.

You do know about Pet Adoption Medals, yes? That you can buy pets from other players now? https://mabinogi.nexon.net/Shop/WebShop/Detail/Cash/138679
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    I do know about pet adoption medals, but I'd rather spend cash on it than grind my brains out or wait for my things to sell ingame and then go looking for a seller.

As for your unlock suggestion, you mean like you just purchase "a pet" and then ingame you get to choose which pet it is? That'd be interesting, but some pets are definitely worth more than others so I'm not sure how it would work. If that's not what you meant, I'm somewhat confused.