Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Petition to bring back 3d animated login screens

LhakrymaLhakryma
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
in General Chat
Because they were awesome and of much higher quality than the bland picture login screens we have now :(

I'm talking about 3D animated login screens alla G1-8, I think even up to G12, not sure:

YuenSan
  1. Would you like to have 3D animated login screens again?49 votes
    1. Yes
       78% (38 votes)
    2. No
       12% (6 votes)
    3. Maybe so
       10% (5 votes)

Comments

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    The animated logins always had the benefit of not running up the framerate to absurd values exceeding 3000. I have to use a limiter to avoid a high pitched whine coming off my graphics card while in the login. It's been so long since we had animated logins I thought I just imagined them.
    Policroma
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I was just thinking about this when I last logged in. The 3D goddess statue will always be my favourite. Although I'd imagine having a 2D login would be less work in theory. On the other hand, were not all the 3D logins using models already in the game?
    The 2D logins using up so much resources is annoying and kind of ridicules.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I like the idea, in fact I think the entire game should get graphics update, say having the characters be of Vindictus quality. But, in the past when others and I have suggested this the usual naysayers argument is "no Mabinogi needs to look like Anime." It'll be interesting to see if they're willing to forget about that for the login screens.
    Sebastian
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited March 26, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    I like the idea, in fact I think the entire game should get graphics update, say having the characters be of Vindictus quality. But, in the past when others and I have suggested this the usual naysayers argument is "no Mabinogi needs to look like Anime." It'll be interesting to see if they're willing to forget about that for the login screens.

Unbelievable. How dare you suggest such a thing? Mabinogi needs to look like Anime.

Somewhat unrelated, I started up Vindictus again not long ago and heard the bubble sound effect I hear in G-MOD. That was incredibly jarring.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I wish that they would contour the shoulders and legs a bit. Too blocky.
    Radiant Dawn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited March 26, 2020
    Nothing wrong with having options. They could just prompt at the beginning whether you want the screen to load in 2-D or 3-D. Even CGI-style Animé would still be considered Animé... just CGI-Animé. I recently gave that Mobile-Game (Dragon-Raja) a a test-run and holy cow were its graphics ridiculously detailed (even for Desk-Top Standards and this was on a Mobile-App!). And then there's that one called Seven Deadly Sins for which I have seen ads and it specifically being described as «This is not an animé movie but actual gameplay» for part of the description so Mabinogi could certainly «still look like anime» even with a(n) graphics-over-haul (I think we mean it needs an Engine-over-haul ?).

The game-play would probably be a lot smoother on whatever Engine is used by the Dragon-Raja app. Yes, app, a mobile-app ! O_O
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I like the classic logins with the classic themes to return for some time, also be careful with the usage of petition in the title for that is now allowed.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Minecraft things up!!!!
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    I like the classic logins with the classic themes to return for some time, also be careful with the usage of petition in the title for that is now allowed.

Lol wut? Did they just randomly open a dictionary and choose the first word on the list to get bothered by it? =)))
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited March 27, 2020
    I don't mind graphic updates...but not like Vindi lol

I like the anime/cartoonish look of Mabinogi, its colorful, cute, and even a good eye candy in its current "outdated" look.

Plus if you make a game like this at the level of vindi, i might just quit the game for good, not going to play the game that would make my PC get hot fast. Also, id get bored of it for looking realistic... Already living in it.

Another plus, did you forgot why Mabinogi Arena was canceled? something to do with the choice of graphic style? Or just not "Mabinogi" at all?

Another another plus, less work in the finer details they would have to do for something like Vindi.

As for the login...no, 2D is actually better, it made it less annoying to log in.
    Policroma
  • HelsaHelsa
    See?
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    See?

Yup. Ironically there's anime games that are also really good quality, like Code Vein...
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Lhakryma wrote: »

Lol wut? Did they just randomly open a dictionary and choose the first word on the list to get bothered by it? =)))

Mods/Staff were tired of seeing "petition" threads on the old forum, that the word is now a calling sign to shut a thread down.
  • HelsaHelsa
    What they're saying is that since you can edit the title of the thread you might want to change the word petition to discussion.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah they really need to bring back the nostalgia.
    Kensamaofmari
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    I honestly hated the animated logins, they slowed my old pc down sooo much when they removed them and switched to a static 2d image the login took less time, the music didnt remix it self due to lagg, the game didnt crash while trying load log in page

Im honestly glad they switched to a 2d log in and i honestly hope it stays that way
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    The idea is nice imo, but they wouldn't show any 3D images that would bring that nostalgia. They'd pick something similar to the new stage in Emain Macha, make it all big and shiny for a good first impression of the game. It wouldn't be the cute goddess statue, the simple alchemy desk, or any older looking model that would make me feel nostalgic. Everything they add needs to be bigger and shinier than the last thing they added to compete with newer games, unfortunately.

It would be nice to hear the original Mabi theme "Old Story From Grandma" come back sometime, though. I always enjoy every new remix, but it's nice to hear the original one every so often too. But I guess that's also outdated by now compared to the music we got in Divine Knights and further on.

Keeping the attention of new kiddos ready to spend their parents $$$$$ is more important than letting us old folks enjoy nostalgia.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Marith wrote: »
    The animated logins always had the benefit of not running up the framerate to absurd values exceeding 3000. I have to use a limiter to avoid a high pitched whine coming off my graphics card while in the login. It's been so long since we had animated logins I thought I just imagined them.

I never understood why a still image manage to do that

That sounds like coding worse than what YandereDev are doing
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 18, 2020
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Keeping the attention of new kiddos ready to spend their parents $$$$$ is more important than letting us old folks enjoy nostalgia.

This game barely has any kids playing this. It's mostly adults and i know plenty of players of age 25 and older. I probably don't need to explain why it's like that.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Greta wrote: »
    Shakaya wrote: »

This game barely has any kids playing this. It's mostly adults and i know plenty of players of age 25 and older. I probably don't need to explain why it's like that.

Really? Most of the new people I'm meeting are high schoolers