Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

2020 Archery Worth It?

YukiLoveYuYukiLoveYu
Mabinogi Rep: 410
edited April 4, 2020 in General Chat
Helloo

I'm currently doing archery, so far with a decent Bhafel, Bohemium, Enchant. I can hit a steady 18k with my Magnum Shot.
However, I don't really know Archery's full potential and worries if I'm wasting time. Would anyone know how strong archery can become?
(I feel weak :c )

Comments

• YukiLoveYuYukiLoveYu
    *18k crit!
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    A lot of factors can play for damage in general, not just for archery.

First up is the most basic factor: stats.
    I've seen a few people ignore stats, or just hit 1000 and think they are done. Most damage related stats can reach 1500 or more through various methods like Eweca and age/talent combinations.
    Having an extra 300 of a damage stat can really make a surprising difference alone for damage.

Next up is boosting your critical damage.
    This is done mostly via 2 methods: Red Upgrade Stones and Renown.
    Having a Step 5 to 7 Red weapon can make a huge difference in critical damage.
    Playing music scrolls for Yvona Renown can also inch this up.

With Ego Revamp, you can also increase crit damage beyond the norm.

The third main factor is enchants, totems, and homestead props.
    All the seemingly tiny little additions that all add up and increase your base damage a fair amount.

In a sense, every little detail counts.

But that is just for base damage. For the end result you can begin to throw in buffs and debuffs.
    Battlefield Overture, bone chips, support shot, death mark, and so on.

Every added % increase can magnify one's damage to new heights. Never underestimate buffs.

That about covers it, outside of reforges.
    But reforges should be to perfect already existent ability, not replace it.

As for Archery itself, if you haven't done so, remember that Bhafel is a weapon that is in itself a pair.
    The bow and the arrows. The full potential of Bhafel won't show itself without the full duo.
    YukiLoveYuJianto
  • YukiLoveYuYukiLoveYu
    Nilrem wrote: »

I've seen a few people ignore stats, or just hit 1000 and think they are done. Most damage related stats can reach 1500 or more through various methods like Eweca and age/talent combinations.
    Having an extra 300 of a damage stat can really make a surprising difference alone for damage.

All the seemingly tiny little additions that all add up and increase your base damage a fair amount.

But that is just for base damage. For the end result you can begin to throw in buffs and debuffs.

Every added % increase can magnify one's damage to new heights. Never underestimate buffs.

As for Archery itself, if you haven't done so, remember that Bhafel is a weapon that is in itself a pair.
    The bow and the arrows. The full potential of Bhafel won't show itself without the full duo.

ooo I see, thank you for sharing this! I will work hard to raise stats and work on the things you mentioned!
    Also, random but- what is the highest MagShot damage have you seen personally? I've never seen an endgame person's Mag before
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    YukiLoveYu wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »

ooo I see, thank you for sharing this! I will work hard to raise stats and work on the things you mentioned!
    Also, random but- what is the highest MagShot damage have you seen personally? I've never seen an endgame person's Mag before

Most endgame/high end damage exceeds 100k in general for things like Mag, Impale, etc.

We can get pretty crazy when it comes to damage math.
    YukiLoveYu
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited April 5, 2020
    Sure, you will need long-ranged projectiles on occasion, especially if a «squishy» Elf (simply being an Elf makes one «squishy» by default). For example, without the use of my very long-ragned Wing-Bow (finally turned it into a Spirit-Weapon a few days ago), I cannot possibly think any other way that I would have been able to reach the last trial (#15) of the Cave-Trials just now, and I don't even Magnum-Shot as hard as you (at best my Magnum-Criticals do a maximum of around maybe 11K or 12K). And, can you believe it, I had no idea that there was a «Palalan's Embrace» and «Vision of Ladeca» skill in the «Hidden-Tab» until a couple of days ago !

I originally thought those were passives that were «automatically activated» upon reaching the required level (apparently they have to be «activated» manually). You will also need that option to inflict a high «injury» rate for opponents who are constantly re-healing themselves... especially for those of us like you and I who are not doing «end-game» damage-numbers (although you are apparently still stronger than I). Even though I reached Brullien and her Trio in the Cave-Trials I don't think I can beat them (before the time runs out) with my current state/stats/skills/etc (and there's no way that MY Archery would be safe/fast enough to deal any damage without me getting insta-knocked around like a rag-doll).

In an «ideal» world/run/dungeon/mission/etc., where I didn't have to stay the hell away from the opponent to avoid getting nearly one-shot, I would most-likely just use Magic and/or Alch-skills, sometimes Guns, with the periodic Chain-Blade, depending on what I am fighting. For anything else where I do NOT want to get to up-close Point-BLANK range I am most-likely going to default to Archery if Meteor-Strike isn't a(n) [fast enough] option. Personally, I think Vision of Ladeca should be an Elven-Passive starting from even Level 1, because, outside of that aim-rate, I would still be of the opinion that Humans do Archery more effectively than Elves (because, without Vision-of-Ladeca being active, the «miss-rate» of the Elf is extremely high for those who don't live right next to the server [and to illustrate this point just try to pass Magnum-Shot Rank-Test Dan 3 from somewhere like the East-Coast with an Elf]).
    Helloo

I'm currently doing archery, so far with a decent Bhafel, Bohemium, Enchant. I can hit a steady 18k with my Magnum Shot.
    However, I don't really know Archery's full potential and worries if I'm wasting time. Would anyone know how strong archery can become?
    YukiLoveYu
  • YukiLoveYuYukiLoveYu
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Sure, you will need long-ranged projectiles on occasion, especially if a «squishy» Elf (simply being an Elf makes one «squishy» by default). For example, without the use of my very long-ragned Wing-Bow (finally turned it into a Spirit-Weapon a few days ago), I cannot possibly think any other way that I would have been able to reach the last trial (#15) of the Cave-Trials just now, and I don't even Magnum-Shot as hard as you (at best my Magnum-Criticals do a maximum of around maybe 11K or 12K). And, can you believe it, I had no idea that there was a «Palalan's Embrace» and «Vision of Ladeca» skill in the «Hidden-Tab» until a couple of days ago !

I originally thought those were passives that were «automatically activated» upon reaching the required level (apparently they have to be «activated» manually). You will also need that option to inflict a high «injury» rate for opponents who are constantly re-healing themselves... especially for those of us like you and I who are not doing «end-game» damage-numbers (although you are apparently still stronger than I). Even though I reached Brullien and her Trio in the Cave-Trials I don't think I can beat them (before the time runs out) with my current state/stats/skills/etc (and there's no way that MY Archery would be safe/fast enough to deal any damage without me getting insta-knocked around like a rag-doll).

In an «ideal» world/run/dungeon/mission/etc., where I didn't have to stay the hell away from the opponent to avoid getting nearly one-shot, I would most-likely just use Magic and/or Alch-skills, sometimes Guns, with the periodic Chain-Blade, depending on what I am fighting. For anything else where I do NOT want to get to up-close Point-BLANK range I am most-likely going to default to Archery if Meteor-Strike isn't a(n) [fast enough] option. Personally, I think Vision of Ladeca should be an Elven-Passive starting from even Level 1, because, outside of that aim-rate, I would still be of the opinion that Humans do Archery more effectively than Elves (because, without Vision-of-Ladeca being active, the «miss-rate» of the Elf is extremely high for those who don't live right next to the server [and to illustrate this point just try to pass Magnum-Shot Rank-Test Dan 3 from somewhere like the East-Coast with an Elf]).
    Helloo

I wish the Vision of Ladeca was a passive too D: archery needs the constant aim boost so much!
    But I guess there is a way to get perm aim boost via Erg enhancement. It seems grindy however!
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    they really need to simply remove 'AIM' mechanic when Final Shot active

it simply doesn't worth a damn, i literally never seen an elf make a reforge or anything that's related to that trash of a skill

it took a whole 1 or 2 second just to make a skill load, and then aim time, and then shooting animation
    what a waste of time