Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

what are the Classic Eastern Weapons

ookieookie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
in General Chat
any one buy one of those with their coins....can't find any description of what they are

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    They're those things like the Ink Brushes, the Fan, and the Umbrella.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    okay thanks
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 9, 2020
    The little and big ink brush are so incredibly common that you may be able to just ask around ingame and have someone show both of them to you as they're only about 50,000 gold each. They trail hand-drawn ink textures when you move or attack with them. Nothing unique like the pillows though, sadly. They just sound like swords when used as weapons. Kinda boring. And you can't dye the ink-color, it's always black.

The umbrella and the fan though. I have yet to see anyone walking around with them. Some screenshots or video would be nice
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    The umbrella and the fan though. I have yet to see anyone walking around with them. Some screenshots or video would be nice

The main site has a preview of the fan and umbrella, but I've never seen anyone in game equipped with fan. And I think umbrella animations are the same as previous umbrella items.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JIX
    This?
    mabinogi-12th-anniversary-classic-eastern-umbrella.png
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 9, 2020
    update:

The fan is just a standard prop-weapon, 2x3. It doesn't do anything, no special animations or anything. It's just a one-handed blunt pose. They're common enough that they're like 50,000 gold each

The umbrella is unique in that it's a 1x3 instead of a 1x4. Standard umbrella, openable, jump with it, etc. These are a little more expensive. But still cheap. They open flat instead of bowl-shaped like regular umbrellas.

got them out of boredom after the maintenance: Can probably get screenshots later
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The fan is just this:
    8e303b6d4d.png
    33c3a29fd3.png

It looks like you're holding a 1H Blunt Weapon, but it's actually a 2H weapon, can't use a shield with it.
    Not that you'd worry about that, considering its 0~0 base damage.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited April 9, 2020
    but I've never seen anyone in game equipped with fan. And I think umbrella animations are the same as previous umbrella items.

I have one. Noticed nothing different about it from any other umbrella.

DlvCbdj.png
    Калашников
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The fan is just this:
    8e303b6d4d.png
    33c3a29fd3.png

It looks like you're holding a 1H Blunt Weapon, but it's actually a 2H weapon, can't use a shield with it.
    Not that you'd worry about that, considering its 0~0 base damage.

I assume the fan got no animation on it?
  • lilblkroselilblkrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,115
    Greta wrote: »
    It does not, you hold it like a blunt weapon.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    lilblkrose wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    It does not, you hold it like a blunt weapon.

Well, not a big loss then. I got umbrella from the box though, it's cute so i'm satisfied. Got Ink Brush Appearance Scrolls as well.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Best part about ink weapons is drawing on your fallen foe's face c: