Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Not even 5 minutes and someone got the legend weap

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    This event is stupid
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Lutetium wrote: »
    What you guys don't like events designed for people who buy duped gold from chinese sites distribute it among their alt accounts and run auto clickers in virtual machines to get some base grade trash weapons so they can LARP they have something good?

That was oddly specific.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The Red Carpet should be longer.

So people can actually spread out.
    Also promote social distancing.
    Crims wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    What's even the point of making each item's giveaway 3 hours long if the item can be won within 2 minutes? Should have made the giveaway on top of each hour and be done with it...

The way the system works is indeed a raffle. When the item goes up a number has already been selected. Rather than going through ALL the numbers someone just has to get the lucky number. Once the player with the lucky number that has already been selected goes up the raffle is over. This potentially saves everyone time.

The system is fair and it works. What isn't fair is all the alts.
    Hm, how does lucky channel get applied with this system?
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Lance gone in 2 minutes.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    That was oddly specific.

Admittedly that was based on the description, seeing it in action it seems like the chinese gold part may be redundant with how quickly it's given out to how slowly attempts are made.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited April 11, 2020
    I can't even go to Belvast without lagging anymore.. this event is a joke

Also I just learned a bleeping bot won the lance on Nao, gone within 2 minutes
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    TNinja wrote: »
    The Red Carpet should be longer.

So people can actually spread out.
    Also promote social distancing.
    Greta wrote: »
    What's even the point of making each item's giveaway 3 hours long if the item can be won within 2 minutes? Should have made the giveaway on top of each hour and be done with it...

The way the system works is indeed a raffle. When the item goes up a number has already been selected. Rather than going through ALL the numbers someone just has to get the lucky number. Once the player with the lucky number that has already been selected goes up the raffle is over. This potentially saves everyone time.

The system is fair and it works. What isn't fair is all the alts.
    Hm, how does lucky channel get applied with this system?

Everything within that game as always comes with a placebo effect.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited April 11, 2020
    that lance is for sale in AH for 250m LOL or it was
  • SebastianSebastian

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sebastian wrote: »

Afraid of what? People profiting?
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited April 11, 2020

It can be argued that the people making that profit aren't necessarily in need of more gold.

An event like this should ideally give players who are wanting to do harder content more of a chance with decent weapons, not give people who already own these weapons incentive to try and sell it to those same people who can barely afford a fifth of the prices they're asking for. It just continues to keep those people away from the uniform requirements of late-end game.

Though that possibility was thrown out the window with the way they formatted the event so that bots can just clutter the system.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 11, 2020

It can be argued that the people making that profit aren't necessarily in need of more gold.

An event like this should ideally give players who are wanting to do harder content more of a chance with decent weapons, not give people who already own these weapons incentive to try and sell it to those same people who can barely afford a fifth of the prices they're asking for. It just continues to keep those people away from the uniform requirements of late-end game.

Though that possibility was thrown out the window with the way they formatted the event so that bots can just clutter the system.

More gold means tweaking your gear to even closer to perfection. Unfortunately it requires a BLEEP ton of it. Like amounts you can even fathom. XD
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited April 11, 2020
    More gold means tweaking your gear to even closer to perfection. Unfortunately it requires a BLEEP ton of it. Like amounts you can even fathom. XD

Sure. But in my opinion it would be beneficial for weaker players to first get a chance at gear to work on. Events like the Saint Guardian Shadow Mission drops was a good way to go about that.

I understand people want to perfect their gear. But there are people who don't even have gear and cannot access it due to both price and availability. Those are the people I'm concerned for. Not trying to make villains out of elites, they have every right to make gold and sell items for gold (as long as it's done honestly, and not through abuse). I just wish there would be some sort of equal opportunity for players to reach those levels. A great alternative to this event would be making drops for these weapons a bit more achievable.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Oh we're cut throat villains. Very competitive. There is world in there, a dark world, unlike any other. XD
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited April 11, 2020
    Oh we're cut throat villains. Very competitive. There is world in there, a dark world, unlike any other. XD

It's really not that deep. I'd hardly consider a group of people touting their weapons on an anime MMO from 2003 anything like the dark world you claim it is. And I've seen enough to believe that.

Though it's very telling of something that that's the only fragment of my comment you replied to.
    ChaosShadow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    :smirk:
  • SebastianSebastian
    Dblade gone within the first 5-10 seconds on Alexina CH7
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    it was gone within like 4 minutes on Nao
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    It's not even getting to higher numbers anymore.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Admittedly I'm already kinda done with the event, mostly just cause I doubt I'll be able to beat the bots.
    I'll prolly show up anyway since I've nothing better to do, but I ain't expecting anything at this point.
    SaiDragoolfireChaosShadow