Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does anybody feel ripped off by the Japari Bus pet

Kirby189Kirby189
Mabinogi Rep: 690
in General Chat
So yesterday, I read about the Japari Bus pet in the announcement, right before maintenance ended. I saw the buff skill the pet has, and the movement speed and damage buffs certainly sounded overpowered. And the Combat Exp +100% certainly caught my eye.

Well, the pet description was certainly written a little awkwardly; do you get the buff for 10 minutes upon riding the pet, or do you get the buff after riding the pet for 10 minutes? Huh?

But after asking people who bought it, I understood it was a skill that you activated, and then the buff was applied for 10 minutes.

I could already see my training efficiency in the Baltane missions being improved by the combat exp buff. And the other buffs were certainly very interesting for running things in general.

So I bought it.

Then, later that evening, I was about to enter Sidhe with my guild, and I realized the buff was off. So I tried to activate it.

50 minutes cooldown.

Wait what? The pet description said NOTHING about a cooldown for the buff. Let alone such a significant cooldown.

Sure, the buff was so strong, it might require some limitation. But not without ANNOUNCING it in the pet description. And 50 minutes is overdoing it.

Suddenly, I was regretting my decision of buying this seemingly overpowered pet. Sure, it sounded great, but with the massive cooldown? Not so much.

There are usually warnings on labels of goods, like "Batteries not included." for electronics. Well, digital goods are goods, and they still require such warnings on them.

Especially when the warning should be about something that makes part of the buff almost useless. Getting 10 minutes of +100% combat experience isn't nothing, but when you thought you'd get +100% combat experience as long as you activate the skill... Well, it's just not the same thing. You're certainly not buying what they're advertising.

I am severely disappointed in this pet just because of the cooldown. Had I known of the cooldown, I would not have bought it. But now it's too late and Nexon has my money. And I don't have the product I bought. I have something else completely.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant and know the opinion of other players. I'm sure there are other people who were not expecting a cooldown after using the buff and were just as disappointed as I was.

And also, the buff was the only major selling point of the pet. Sure, the inventory space is nice, but don't we already have tons of inventory space through pets, bags, pets, bank tabs and other pets? And now, its selling point isn't as described.

Also, I had to rewrite this post because while I was writing and seeing "draft saved", the website decided to disconnect me and reloaded the page. Thanks, Nexon. And no, there was no draft saved.

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    If it's any consolation, after reading this thread I've amended the line to the following:
    "This active skill buffs all players who are riding the Japari Bus for 10 minutes. A buff effect cooldown prevents cumulative stacking of the buff."
    courtneyy
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That stinks that you didn't know about the cooldown.

There are other pet buffs that have cooldowns, like the Phoenix's Auto-Revive, and the Li'l Hopper's Damage Reflection buff, so at least the Bus's buff skill having a cooldown isn't alone in that respect.

Still, sorry to hear that you're regretting getting it after the fact. Maybe you'll get used to working around the cooldown, it's still a pretty neat buff even if it's only 10 minutes every hour.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited April 17, 2020
    so the buff lasts for 10 minutes and it has a 50 minute cooldown? I don't really have a problem with that, kind of reminds me of the old DBZ mmo Dragon Ball Online. the super saiyan skill was a lot of effort to farm for and when you finally get it you can only use it for 10 or 15 minutes and it had a 60 minute cooldown. boosted stats, movement, health, and energy similar to the effects this buff offers. for what this buff offers a 50 minute cooldown doesn't feel that bad as we can't have players using a strong buff like this every 10 minutes but I agree it should have been listed in the pets item description so players would know about it before buying it.

this new Japari Bus pet can carry 7 players which is kind of nice since the only other largest mount the Food Truck pet can only carry 4 players. I think carrying 7 players could be very useful depending on what group activity you are trying to do. there have been times when I would use my warp imp to get to Tir Na Nog and pick up friends at Avon in a Food Truck pet and I had to make a second trip cause the Food Truck was just a seat or two to small to take everyone. overall I feel this pet was worth around 15k NX out of the 18k NX it costs as it is a little pricey. but we are still getting lots of items from this event including useful inventory bags that can be obtained for free so I don't have any major complaints.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Welcome to Nexon.

Their ambiguity is legendary.
    CrimsọncourtneyyTwistedxFateWolfsingerAlshian
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    Negumiko wrote: »
    so the buff lasts for 10 minutes and it has a 50 minute cooldown? I don't really have a problem with that, kind of reminds me of the old DBZ mmo Dragon Ball Online. the super saiyan skill was a lot of effort to farm for and when you finally get it you can only use it for 10 or 15 minutes and it had a 60 minute cooldown. boosted stats, movement, health, and energy similar to the effects this buff offers. for what this buff offers a 50 minute cooldown doesn't feel that bad as we can't have players using a strong buff like this every 10 minutes but I agree it should have been listed in the pets item description so players would know about it before buying it.

this new Japari Bus pet can carry 7 players which is kind of nice since the only other largest mount the Food Truck pet can only carry 4 players. I think carrying 7 players could be very useful depending on what group activity you are trying to do. there have been times when I would use my warp imp to get to Tir Na Nog and pick up friends at Avon in a Food Truck pet and I had to make a second trip cause the Food Truck was just a seat or two to small to take everyone. overall I feel this pet was worth around 15k NX out of the 18k NX it costs as it is a little pricey. but we are still getting lots of items from this event including useful inventory bags that can be obtained for free so I don't have any major complaints.

Well what I think about the bus "pet" we have here instead of the special skill that buffs the player(s)&boost speed when moving, but that "pet" has the most mounts/seats of any "pets" there is over the Food Truck's seats, but still something that's there's something missing for the bus "pet" is it lacks a passenger seat next to the driver or the owner's seat; so if it has that then the bus will have 8 total players can fit there.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Seriously? People now complaining over 50 minute cooldown. It's not like the skill could only be used once a day, rofl. And obviously it will have a cooldown. Everything has cooldown to prevent power-creeping.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Power-creeping ? Anybody who hasn't logged in since 2015ish (or which-ever year/years it/they was/were) will end up finding that we have already done some power-leaping...! Power-jumping ? Perhaps even power-warping ? Power-teleporting ?
    Now that would certainly be a fun thread to create to come up with all of the different types of words for Power-Hyper-Dimensional-Boosting...
    Greta wrote: »
    Seriously? People now complaining over 50 minute cooldown. It's not like the skill could only be used once a day, rofl. And obviously it will have a cooldown. Everything has cooldown to prevent power-creeping.
  • GretaGreta
    You making fun of this i see. Yes, we did power-creep, but Nexon also went ahead with that making unlogically overpowered enemies with zero knockback because that's just how they think stuff should work. Combat changes and still is changing.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    This post reeks of Karen, in all honesty.

50 minutes is nothing, in the grand scheme of things, and with how strong the buff is, of course it'll have a cooldown. Does what is essentially a permanent 24/7 combat experience buff make sense to you? They could have advertised it better, but honestly...

Some people are so ready to jump on Nexon for the most insignificant bull that it trivializes the more legitimate complaint.
    WolfsingerSherrivamprynChaosShadow
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Something that important having to be found out the hard way creates bad word of mouth. That being said, I bought the pet and I love it. To confirm when it says seats 7 it does mean 7 in total including you not 7 after you. I was really hoping for 8 total though. For me, the reason to buy WAS the seating capacity and anything after that was gravy. I'm not trying to invalidate the OP's feelings, just to state mine. To sum up, in the style of Mr. James Brown:

Ah gah da buzz, huh . . . Mmm Mmm
    Ah gah da buz, hah . . . heh AYE
    Da funkeh buzz, uhn . . .kenyudigit
    Get own da buzz . . . fo RAYE

Goan crozz da tahn, yeh . . . hoo AH
    Goan crozz da tahn, uhn . . . gi'dahn
    Dem weez own da buzz . . . HUAH
    Go Rahn n RAHN

• RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    Helsa wrote: »
    Something that important having to be found out the hard way creates bad word of mouth. That being said, I bought the pet and I love it. To confirm when it says seats 7 it does mean 7 in total including you not 7 after you. I was really hoping for 8 total though. For me, the reason to buy WAS the seating capacity and anything after that was gravy. I'm not trying to invalidate the OP's feelings, just to state mine. To sum up, in the style of Mr. James Brown:

Ah gah da buzz, huh . . . Mmm Mmm
    Ah gah da buz, hah . . . heh AYE
    Da funkeh buzz, uhn . . .kenyudigit
    Get own da buzz . . . fo RAYE

Goan crozz da tahn, yeh . . . hoo AH
    Goan crozz da tahn, uhn . . . gi'dahn
    Dem weez own da buzz . . . HUAH
    Go Rahn n RAHN

Hey Helsa the jousting finals video maker, I was saying the bus "pet" should have a passenger seat next to the owner's seat with the 6 seats behind the that said owner that makes 8 players could fit the ride; then it will be a full party!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I bought the pets for my crossover collection. I didn't even know it had those stats. XD
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    No.
    Nothing about this pet is ripping people off.
    To you know how broken it would be if you could use the buff every so often after the 10 minutes are up?
    50 minute cool down is perfectly reasonable for the amount of stats it gives.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I would rather be annoyed by the misleading skill misinformation.

Which I think most of us reading here are missing?
    TwistedxFateWolfsinger
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I can see where the OP's frustrations are coming from but... I guess after being with this game and understanding how they implement things just to limit us as well as they never have all the information ready (some probably due to translation issues)... I don't question it anymore.

Personally, I just buy pets to collect them, andddd that 7 seat capacity I was drooling over.

If it's any consolation to the OP -- One day, you will reach skill cap/master titles/infinite level/somuchAPyoudon'thaveanythingtouseiton without the pet anyway. Then, when that day comes, you can just only login once in a while to check your friends list, shops, or AH OR maybe talk yourself into grinding even though...you can't remember why you /should/ grind. Yeah.. tbh, that pet in the grand scheme of things won't end up being what you are most frustrated about. *pat pat*

P.s. I'm still waiting on them to uncap the rest of our skills please? Evasion could use some love so could mana shield. :(
    ChaosShadow
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited April 18, 2020
    Give all your money to Nexon by buying 5 of them. Problem solved.

Edit: This does not work. Don't waste your money on trying it. (See other people's comments below.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah buy more than one, problem solved. :D
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Crims wrote: »

Not quite how it works. The cooldown is a status effect applied to the players who received the bonus, not a cooldown on the skill itself.
    ChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 18, 2020
    Shiro42 wrote: »

Not quite how it works. The cooldown is a status effect applied to the players who received the bonus, not a cooldown on the skill itself.

I think she said that on purpose as sarcasm. The laughing emote on the end proves it. I guess not everyone are born with sense for sarcasm lol.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Greta wrote: »
    Shiro42 wrote: »

I think she said that on purpose as sarcasm. The laughing emote on the end proves it. I guess not everyone are born with sense for sarcasm lol.

I don't care if it was sarcasm or not. There may be people who genuinely misunderstand how it works and think of doing exactly this. That's why I'm clarifying.
    ChaosShadow