Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Japari Buns

nikyahnikyah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
in General Chat
Ok, so the chick in Seg Mag wants these things. I've fished some up in the oasis and in the description, it says Serval is looking for these. I've tried to give it to the chick in Seg Mag but she won't take them. Do I need to fish in another spot or get the buns from somewhere else?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The fished up bag of buns are ONLY for the Friend at the Oasis.

The Friend in Sen Mag wants the one made using Cooking, with the Mixing method.
    nikyah
  • nikyahnikyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
    Thank you so much! I was going crazy.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    the mixing recipe is actually called Imitation Japari Bun which is something that should have been more clear in the quest description. I am kind of sad we cook them but we can't eat them, a Japari Bun made with chocolate, bread, and cheese sounds interesting.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Negumiko wrote: »
    the mixing recipe is actually called Imitation Japari Bun which is something that should have been more clear in the quest description. I am kind of sad we cook them but we can't eat them, a Japari Bun made with chocolate, bread, and cheese sounds interesting.

Chocolate and cheese are a combination that should never exist.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited April 16, 2020

vGS2I4i.gif
    There might be something out there that does it right, but right now it does sound pretty gross.
    I'm picturing a sub with slices of cheese covered in chocolate sauce.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    What about Oranges & Sausages ? Or perhaps Ice-Cream with Spaghetti ? =D Perhaps... some Chocolate to go with Squid or Snails...
    giphy.gif

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Japanese cheese is weird and sweet (think the soft creamy types), so the flavour combination is probably more similar to a chocolate cheese cake than whatever you guys are imagining.

HJhCqXm.jpg

GretaHabimaruRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Eralea wrote: »
    Japanese cheese is weird and sweet (think the soft creamy types), so the flavour combination is probably more similar to a chocolate cheese cake than whatever you guys are imagining.

HJhCqXm.jpg

This. Probably that's the cheese they think about, but Nexon was too lazy or thought just put this cheese instead of making alternative one and be done. There are many, many variations of cheese and thinking only about the good old stinky yellow one would be too incorrect.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    i wonder why they put both dish to mixing category

My mind instantly told me to equip Ladle and pot when being told to make those
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Hazurah wrote: »
    i wonder why they put both dish to mixing category

My mind instantly told me to equip Ladle and pot when being told to make those

Same actually. I was looking for Spicy Hot Pot recipe for at least 5 minutes. Interestingly, i instantly figured how to find Japari Buns even thought for some reason it had a word "Imitation" in front of it.
    I forgot about search feature, my big brain smh.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited April 17, 2020
    Event dishes are usually mixing because you only need rN cooking to make those... because apparently ranking up cooking would kill people? Idk. I guess they want to make sure everyone can do the quest regardless of skill rank, which is fair, if a bit silly.

I picked up my cooking pot for about 2 seconds before remembering this.

(We just had events that had us mix what has to be disgustingly cold and raw yggdrasil fried rice/soup and onion fried tuna, you'd think I would know by now to just immediately grab the cooking table.)
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 17, 2020
    Whoever thought it's good idea to include Fleta in this crossover must be sadist and likes to see world burn.
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnHazurah
  • LittleButterflyLittleButterfly
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    nikyah wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I was going crazy.

Hi Nikyah, where you able to find the "Japari Buns" option in the cooking skill window?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sai wrote: »

vGS2I4i.gif
    There might be something out there that does it right, but right now it does sound pretty gross.
    I'm picturing a sub with slices of cheese covered in chocolate sauce.

Well, some people put chocolate in their curry... followed by cheese.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

You wouldn't like it here, because chocolate cheese cake is a decent seller in our local bakery.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

There is too much cooking in this event.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Crims wrote: »

I don't mind the cooking so much as racing around killing slimes hoping against hope I'll get the stones quickly because my weekday clock is limited XD
    Gonna be trying to stock up over the weekend since that's optional - thank the devs, that is such a merciful feature XD
  • GretaGreta
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

I don't mind the cooking so much as racing around killing slimes hoping against hope I'll get the stones quickly because my weekday clock is limited XD
    Gonna be trying to stock up over the weekend since that's optional - thank the devs, that is such a merciful feature XD

Interestingly, the extra Japari Buns which i fished in Oasis vanished after reset.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Greta wrote: »

Interestingly, the extra Japari Buns which i fished in Oasis vanished after reset.

All the quest items disappear each day. It sucks...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited April 18, 2020

agreed, killing the slimes and hoping they drop those bottles of glittering stones is more annoying. luckily you can farm the glittering stones in any of the four areas. if a daily in Belvast and Dunbarton want me to get bottles of glittering stones I can just farm the slimes next to the Oasis for them. the slimes near the Oasis are my favorites to farm cause it is easy to see them all, not very many players out there, and it is amusing to watch some of them copy what the Desert Warrior enemies say. how is cooking 3 recipes difficult or to much work, I can memorize the ingredients for all 3 recipes in my head without checking and you can make them all with a novice cooking level. waiting for Fleta is to much, cooking is easy.
    Wolfsinger