Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lets talk Japari Coin Box.

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
in General Chat
So you pretty much get 35 spins per day yea? And you have a chance to get more than 1 box per day but does that help? Sure to open straight away the next day after opening your 1st the day before...but why? Why do they punish a player's luck? Why could we not open more than one box for the coins per day with the amount of spins they had given us?

It is not like we could given all the spins from alts to our mains, its not like the spins is account wide between characters, and your limited to 35 spins per day...so why?

Do they not want us to get rewards? Do they not want us to get lucky? Or is this just the usual thoughtless decision by the creator of this event? Welp its free at least...but it still baffles me to punish a lucky player with only seemingly mediocre rewards in this event...

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It is kinda weird for it to be limited in that respect, isn't it?
    I mean you're already limited by there being 35 spins per day at maximum, and the boxes only give 3 Japari Coins each.

I mean on the upside, the boxes only give 3 Japari Coins, so no big whoop if you end up having too many boxes to open up during the event.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    this game is exactly the same as Meowbinogi, whenever you reach the end of a board you get a prize box and even if you get more then one of those boxes in a day you can still only open 1 box a day. it has always been this way and since it only gives 3 Japari coins anyway so it is not a big deal. at least the Caravan Friend Joe's Lucky Box rates are not awful, I was able to get the Northern White-Faced Owl Coat (F) and Owl Professor's Shoes (F) from the Caravan Friend Joe's Lucky Boxes obtained playing the board game. save your coins or focus on getting the inventory bags and buy whatever you don't get on the last day of the event cause the outfits are fairly expensive so it makes more sense to rely on random drop rates until last minute in this event.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    The fact that the coin in the box is not a big deal only makes me question even more of why? Maybe if it were 15 coins Sure but a mere 3 once a day is plain stupid. By now I am sure folks had like 5 boxes they can't open and rising because You can't open more than 1 per day.

You would likely have over 30 boxes You can't open at the end of this event. Its just wasted....
    Sherri
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Alshian wrote: »
    The fact that the coin in the box is not a big deal only makes me question even more of why? Maybe if it were 15 coins Sure but a mere 3 once a day is plain stupid. By now I am sure folks had like 5 boxes they can't open and rising because You can't open more than 1 per day.

You would likely have over 30 boxes You can't open at the end of this event. Its just wasted....

We here promoting littering
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    People talking about having boxes to spare and here I am... reset at the finish line no less than 5 times. I barely managed to get my first box today.
    Nemereko
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    THAT "OUT" right before finish line
    hurts.
    so.
    much.
    Radiant DawnWolfsingerNemereko
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Hazurah wrote: »
    hurts.
    so.
    much.

This, and it's so weird.
    There's two versions of the board, one with an Out a few spaces from the start, and another version with TWO Outs on the board, one literally the square before the End.
    I landed on that right-before-the-End Out space twice today. :disappointed:
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    PSA : You will still be able to open those boxes even after the event ends... (albeit still only once a day).
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Habimaru wrote: »
    PSA : You will still be able to open those boxes even after the event ends... (albeit still only once a day).

Wouldn't they just remove all leftover boxes with the maint?
    Are you basing this on the other time we had a spin game board event with a once-a-day box?

Well, not like it would be helpful if they kept these boxes around, since the only thing the boxes give are 3 coins for the event-only shop.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 18, 2020
    The boxes obviously will vanish after event ends.
    Also this is not like Meowbinogi. Meowbinogi was way better because it had no restrictions. You could farm spins as much as you wanted. And there wasn't any limits of how many boxes you could open a day. I missed the events where you could farm items from killing monsters...
    Radiant DawnWolfsingerSherricourtneyyCMKyrios
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Hmm, I suppose they have been making more Event-Items Event-Duration only lately, but doesn't Event go on for 3+ weeks anyway ?
    I guess we won't need to hold onto these boxes like some sort of treasure-hoarder since nothing to miss out on after-event.
    Yes, I do remember though, one of these types of spin-games was such where boxes could still be opened even post-event.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Are you basing this on the other time we had a spin game board event with a once-a-day box?

Well, not like it would be helpful if they kept these boxes around, since the only thing the boxes give are 3 coins for the event-only shop.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Hmm, I suppose they have been making more Event-Items Event-Duration only lately, but doesn't Event go on for 3+ weeks anyway ?
    I guess we won't need to hold onto these boxes like some sort of treasure-hoarder since nothing to miss out on after-event.
    Yes, I do remember though, one of these types of spin-games was such where boxes could still be opened even post-event.

Yep yep, the way this board game event is handled reminds me of... the other one you couldn't farm monsters for coins for.
    Found it, Pan's Magic Game Board Event.
    Just like this one, you were limited to 35 coins per real day, for logging in for a total of 150 minutes (though instead of 7 each 30 minutes, it was 5/6/7/8/9 respectively for each 30 minutes).
    That one also had a "one per day" kind of thing with that board's end-space box, similar and different.

Similar in that, only once per day could you open the box and receive a Pan's Magic Game Ticket, which was that event's prize shop currency.
    BUT, if you'd already opened the box that day and received your daily ticket, you could still open any extra boxes you'd received, and instead of a ticket, it was like any normal random gift box type of item, in that you'd get a random thing from a list of possibilities.

Which was all it took to give a use to any extra boxes you were lucky enough to get.
    As this current event stands now, any extra boxes are just for wiggle room for bad luck days, if anything.
    I wonder why they didn't treat it at least the same this time around.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    We also had this board in the Re:ZERO crossover
    Speaking of.. it feels as if that board was much more generous with its rewards, I've been getting nothing collab related from the Kemono Friends boxes
    But I've also been landing on Out and -1 Spin waaay too much
    Why do we even have a -1 spin anyway like what the heck? We only get so many spins to begin with... just thinking about it makes me PO'd
    Wolfsinger
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Hazurah wrote: »
    hurts.
    so.
    much.

This, and it's so weird.
    There's two versions of the board, one with an Out a few spaces from the start, and another version with TWO Outs on the board, one literally the square before the End.
    I landed on that right-before-the-End Out space twice today. :disappointed:

SAME i landed on that stupid OUT tile just before finish twice today as well. Also they say theres 2 different boards but i only ever get the board that has the out in the middle and end of the board.
    the thing is having the OUT at the end isnt actually bad, it HURTS really badly when you land on it because we have a limit on spins per days, unlike its original version Meowbinogi because while ya it sucks when you land on it and get reset it doesnt sting because you just go back and farm 100 more spins off monsters and go again. there was only a limit on meowbinogi spins based on how much you can tolerate farming for the dang things.

Fun fact that Meowbinogi board i actually Still have even to this day because i refuse to spend the last spin because it keeps the Little Paw icon in the bottom right side of my Screen because its cute and i love Paws because my Char is a foxgirl.
    SherriNemereko
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Greta wrote: »
    Also this is not like Meowbinogi. Meowbinogi was way better because it had no restrictions. You could farm spins as much as you wanted. And there wasn't any limits of how many boxes you could open a day. I missed the events where you could farm items from killing monsters...

I scrolled through the comments just to hope that someone would take the words out of my mouth. Thank you for pointing this out.

I too, miss events that had no restrictions and I actually really miss meowbinogi. It was one of the last good events before they all just became afk'nogi related. I'm so disappointed that they haven't brought back the original meowbinogi yet and instead give us these watered-down versions of it.
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Since the event started, I've made it around the board only ONCE!
    I've landed on OUT more times than I can count. It's rather sad.
    Sherri
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Sai wrote: »
    Since the event started, I've made it around the board only ONCE!
    I've landed on OUT more times than I can count. It's rather sad.

Counting myself lucky then I guess, I've finished three times I think.
    I keep getting stuck on that board with the two OUTs, at the beginning, and then the end.....Literally spent almost a day's worth of spins just trying to get past that first out, yesterday. That was EXCEEDINGLY frustrating
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited April 20, 2020
    Greta wrote: »

Now it's just afk for everything. What a fun time.
    Meowbinogi was my favorite event, and they ruined it.
    Sherri
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    This is goddamn illelgal.

6917b5843f.jpg
    SherriDarkpixie99Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Definitely need that «Dice-Control» Skill/Item/Artifact/Equipment (what-ever it is/was) from that game...: Game of Dice (ダイスの神 in JP and 주사위의 신 in KR) ...just hold down the button and play the «Mini Dice-Control-Game» (similar to that Moving Gauge with the «Divine-Blast» skill whilst transformed into Nascent-Divinity) then release when the meter reaches the desired number for better control-chance against the RNG.