Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Kyururu Defense Minigame

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    you can also ignore a Cellien Tractor and let it reach the target but it does 5 damage so you can only get away with that once. the slime celliens are pretty easy to stop before they get anywhere near the target. I got as far as 5 rounds today.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 18, 2020
    Immediately buy the 5 HP potions. And on your first few runs make sure to reach at least 200HP and 300Stamina.

Running to the slimes and defeating them at the source is more beneficial than trying to play defense with your player's Wooden Stick and the slimes are decently easy to defeat with windmill. Don't be afraid to get knocked down because you run slightly faster than the slimes anyways and can catch up. Blunt-weapon smash puts you into a stumble animation for way too long so it's faster to just chase and attack normally. Or single-tap+windmill to get more grouped together.

Tractor aggros immediately and tends to load Counter if it doesn't just outright Attack you, but it doesn't aggro unless you're very close to it. So always run at it and try to load counter first to see what it'll do. Load some kind of countermeasure while you're hitting it to deal with the retaliation because it'll almost always get the first hit in on you before your other skill loads. STR upgrades do a lot to mitigate the damage that the Tractor deals, so it gets easier every round even if you can only manage to get to 200 str.

Smash is kinda useful but I find that windmill is a lot more consistent with 'zero-damage' success because you can kill way more slimes and the mission isn't timed as far as fighting the Tractor goes. So I always just threw everything at STR(it gives defense too.) and Windmill(rank 1 is super affordable, thanfully!). Been able to get about 600 to 700 str, alongside rank 1 smash&windmill by the end of every run.

If you struggle with not having enough time to upgrade yourself, always try to leave one slime alive and kill it when it's very close to the upgrade-guy so you don't have to run as far during timeout. Repeatedly quitting and hoping you get the Connous Oasis map helps too, it has a LOT better draw-distance than Dunbarton does :)

Besides that, other people here said it best: Once you have the Celian-Buster Title, all you really need to do is succeed in holding off one wave, then you can just lose the next wave to complete the daily.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Immediately buy the 5 HP potions. And on your first few runs make sure to reach at least 200HP and 300Stamina.

Running to the slimes and defeating them at the source is more beneficial than trying to play defense with your player's Wooden Stick and the slimes are decently easy to defeat with windmill. Don't be afraid to get knocked down because you run slightly faster than the slimes anyways and can catch up. Blunt-weapon smash puts you into a stumble animation for way too long so it's faster to just chase and attack normally. Or single-tap+windmill to get more grouped together.

Tractor aggros immediately and tends to load Counter if it doesn't just outright Attack you, but it doesn't aggro unless you're very close to it. So always run at it and try to load counter first to see what it'll do. Load some kind of countermeasure while you're hitting it to deal with the retaliation because it'll almost always get the first hit in on you before your other skill loads. STR upgrades do a lot to mitigate the damage that the Tractor deals, so it gets easier every round even if you can only manage to get to 200 str.

Smash is kinda useful but I find that windmill is a lot more consistent with 'zero-damage' success because you can kill way more slimes and the mission isn't timed as far as fighting the Tractor goes. So I always just threw everything at STR(it gives defense too.) and Windmill(rank 1 is super affordable, thanfully!). Been able to get about 600 to 700 str, alongside rank 1 smash&windmill by the end of every run.

If you struggle with not having enough time to upgrade yourself, always try to leave one slime alive and kill it when it's very close to the upgrade-guy so you don't have to run as far during timeout. Repeatedly quitting and hoping you get the Connous Oasis map helps too, it has a LOT better draw-distance than Dunbarton does :)

Besides that, other people here said it best: Once you have the Celian-Buster Title, all you really need to do is succeed in holding off one wave, then you can just lose the next wave to complete the daily.

Ty so much for this! It helped me out a whole lot :D
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    You don't even need to hold off one wave. Literally stay still, because the first wave doesn't have enough slimes to beat you.

Though, some do get stuck in buildings outside for some reason.
    Habimaru
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    My quest for hitting wave 15 disapeared on the first day, and dispite winning I didn't get the coins or title.

I'm trying real hard to endure the bugs, but this is getting real hard to keep ignoring
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    My quest for hitting wave 15 disapeared on the first day, and dispite winning I didn't get the coins or title.

I'm trying real hard to endure the bugs, but this is getting real hard to keep ignoring

Just making sure. Are you aware the Cellin Buster is a prefix title?
    SherriFOXAssassin
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Would also be nice to increase the draw distance in Dunbarton. Seriously. It's smaller in the Dunbarton map than it is in the actual Dunbarton area.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't understand what i'm doing wrong. Literally doing what you guys said and i can't even defeat the first Tractor.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't understand what i'm doing wrong. Literally doing what you guys said and i can't even defeat the first Tractor.

The first tractor will go down in a single use of that fixed 500 damage attack.
    Don't miss with it though, since the cooldown pretty much assures you'll only have that one attempt.
    Otherwise, maybe spend ALL of your pre-first-tractor gold on HP100s and/or max HP boosts.
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Don't miss with it though, since the cooldown pretty much assures you'll only have that one attempt.
    Otherwise, maybe spend ALL of your pre-first-tractor gold on HP100s and/or max HP boosts.

Must be doing something wrong because that skill doesn't seem to work for me... Do i need to be really close to enemies?
  • NegumikoNegumiko

Must be doing something wrong because that skill doesn't seem to work for me... Do i need to be really close to enemies?

timing that 500 damage Serval attack does kill the first tractor instantly but it is really hard to make it hit. you have to be in just the right spot or it will miss. try buffing up your hp and strength a little then stand under him and use windmill and potions.when the tractor is approaching don't confront him directly running straight at his eye, sometimes it works better to run up the sides of the tractor or the back of the tractor. also set up your 3 ice mines somewhere before you even talk to the Lucky Beast.
  • GretaGreta
    Negumiko wrote: »

timing that 500 damage Serval attack does kill the first tractor instantly but it is really hard to make it hit. you have to be in just the right spot or it will miss. try buffing up your hp and strength a little then stand under him and use windmill and potions.when the tractor is approaching don't confront him directly running straight at his eye, sometimes it works better to run up the sides of the tractor or the back of the tractor. also set up your 3 ice mines somewhere before you even talk to the Lucky Beast.

Yes, i did this. I would spam Windmill and instantly load Counterattack to avoid most attacks. But it only slightly works because i get hit at least 2 times before my Counterattack starts to work which really sucks meaning i can't even stay without a HP Potion...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Negumiko wrote: »

Yes, i did this. I would spam Windmill and instantly load Counterattack to avoid most attacks. But it only slightly works because i get hit at least 2 times before my Counterattack starts to work which really sucks meaning i can't even stay without a HP Potion...

The "range" on the smack is kind of obnoxious and wonky, especially on the big-sized enemy that is the tractor.
    I know that if I was in range to hit it or be hit by it with a normal attack, that's about close enough to hit it with the 500 damage attack.
    Just be sure that your character is facing the center of the tractor's hitbox.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    I find that if you walk so you're inside the eyeball area of the tractor, facing the center of the model, you can hit it with the claw attack pretty consistently.

Once the first tractor goes down it's all super easy. Just pump everything into STR and facetank the next tractors.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Wait for it to use Counter. Then, load Smash, and keep an eye out for when it flashes. Smash once you see it flash (it's loading Counter). I just kept on doing that, since it was intent on trying to counter my Smash
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited April 21, 2020
    5 seconds? Hope those get longer, cause 5 seconds isn't enough to do anything.

Yep, seems that after the "Help X Friend Y Times" quest hit the next part (5 total helps) each of the skills in the RP ranked up from Novice to F.

500 -> 1000 Fixed Damage
    cb5244557d.png

3 -> 6 Seconds Stun
    346d53dfe4.png

+50% Attack for 5 Seconds -> +100% Attack for 10 Seconds
    d373621c64.png

+50% Speed for 5 Seconds -> +100% Speed for 10 Seconds
    4b37b9a1b7.png

Twice as potent as their Novice ranks' effects, though I'm not sure if the range on the Fixed Damage attack or Stun have improved.
    But the fixed damage attack might just be able to one shot every tractor now, maybe even the final one.
    And I'm guessing they'll rank up at least a few more times throughout the event.
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    TNinja wrote: »

Just making sure. Are you aware the Cellin Buster is a prefix title?

Checked again for the title today. Got it now, but I didn't get the Japari coins the quest was supposed to give.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    finally beat that game and got the title. if you get the Oasis area make sure your character is facing the mana tunnel and each wave of celliens appear in this order:
    left, right, left, right, right, left, left, right, left, right, right, left, right, right, left.

memorizing which direction they come from every time save lots of time. the tractor is only difficult the first time, slightly easier the second time, and not even a challenge the other times. it is the cellien slimes that become the problem later when there is a lot more of them in each wave. my circle only had 2 hp left when it ended.
    Sherri
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    +50% Attack for 5 Seconds -> +100% Attack for 10 Seconds

+50% Speed for 5 Seconds -> +100% Speed for 10 Seconds

Twice as potent as their Novice ranks' effects
    Pretty sure those two are 4 times as potent on F compared to N.
    2x effect on 2x duration.
    Twice the scaling.

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    If anybody is still having trouble clearing all waves, especially because of those Tractors, make sure to set up (or get used to the) hot-keys for some of those Kemono-Friend's specific skills (Serval's Strike, Caracal's Intimidation, Assistant's Insight, Professor's Flight).

At the beginning of each Wave, soon as I know which direction the Celliens are coming from, I use Professor's Flight for the slight speed-boost (although in the end I usually just buy a total of 3 Speed-Walk Potions if I am deciding to go all the way to last-wave-clearing).

When the Tractor comes along, I usually approach it with Defense loaded, and if it Attacks, I use Caracal's Intimidation immediately after blocking (stun-effect), followed immediately after by Serval's Strike which one-hits as mentioned by Iya~... Caracal's Intimidation (Stun-Hit) is basically the «Insurance-Card» that allows a brief window of time to safely load/use Serval's Strike without being interrupted.

IF the Tractor doesn't attack immediately but instead ends up loading a skill, that «skill» it has loaded will always be Counter-Attack, for which by then one can just Windmill followed by an immediate use of Defense; IF it attacks right after the Windmill attack (your Defense was loaded), move away from the Tractor so that there's enough time to load Counter-Attack and another immediate Defense if your Counter-Attack is triggered; if it the Tractor does not attack, then it has Counter-Attack loaded again, in which case it is time to Windmill it again and repeat according to the protocols that I have detailed in this paragraph.

I think everyone else has the «what stats/skills» to rank up correct. I mainly focused on Windmill but it did cause me to need to purchase at least 5 (or was it 10 ?) Stamina-Potions to reach the end. If you're precise enough it is possible to reach the end-wave and clear the whole thing without ever buying a health-potion (but it might still be a good idea to get at least a few just in case of any «derp» moments where your timing is off).