Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we PLEASE get something interesting?

ZippyZippy
Mabinogi Rep: 910
in Feedback and Suggestions
We have stupid mr Adorabunny who sends us stupid baloons every day so that we can get useless gift boxes. Why do I care about a gift box that has a common leather strap? Make it go away.
And then we had the is this your Legendary item mess. No, it was not mine, And I did not want to wait around for it.
Now we have this STUPID anime thing. Four characters which ask us to make them some stupid food item, or ask us to kill 15 slimes. JUST LIKE YESTERDAY. These are all time wasters, with little or no benefit. I realize the game itself is a time waster, but these little quests would bore a four-year-old. It is all the same stuff, over and over. Please, Please,Please something that is not mind-numbingly repetitive.
Калашников

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    No, because they are running out of ideas.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 21, 2020
    I like any event that teaches a little cooking, it is probably not a talent new players choose right away cause there are so many other skills to improve first. cooking event food is a nice way to introduce new players to the cooking system a little without making it overly difficult or annoying. another one of the random dailies is a fishing quest which is also a useful skill to learn. plus the Defense Mission quest to get The Cellien-Buster 1st title is certainly not easy or a time waster. while I agree some tasks are a little easy or boring there are still quite a few that are not easy or boring as well. plus not every player is super ancient, experienced, and super powerful. events need to be a little beginner friendly as well. free outfits and inventory bags are pretty good prizes for a anime event. sure is better then having it all in gacha like some previous anime events and both new and old players deserve a fair chance to earn these rewards.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 22, 2020
    Actually, my Nao character is looking for common leather straps to put in a homestead well! :)

In the old days, when G2 &G3 were human-only, cooking was my favorite skill because it made my Alexina character rich. Back then if you reached cooking rank 9, you could cook the "loved" dishes for the monkeys. The monkeys in turn might give you the glowing gargoyle statue. Back then Elves and Giants paid good money for them so that they could get falcon/beast transformation. A lot of Alexinan non-humans have falcon/beast thanks to me!
    Kensamaofmari
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I feel like they try to design all events to include all players, so they don't include fighting, crafting (except rank F), gathering, or....anything really. The recipes for the crossover quest are just another example. There's NO reason those foods should be in Mixing category, except that the quest designer was strongly against rewarding players who had ranked the cooking skill.

With all the beginner bonuses they have now, including memoirs, there shouldn't be any player which can handle some mid-game combat or higher-level crafting. And, for those that can't, they can be given lesser rewards, while players who have ranked skills and are capable of more deserve much better rewards.
    CMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    We need a way to make sure everyone gets something but is also fair to higher level players. Say, getting "coins" for a shop, you can combine AFK with monster drop. So weak players can still get something, by AFK-ing, whereas strong players can fight for more. Maybe make the drop rate correlated to the monster CP rather than relative combat rating.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    In terms of crafting events, I would like to see them use several steps and not just one step and offer all the materials to be readily available at a certain NPC. These events should be longer and allow the player base to be more engaged rather than rushing and being a repetitive machine force running dailies or be afk. Allow for longer event grace periods so players don't necessarily have to rush for missing some deadlines.
  • TimefallTimefall
    edited April 22, 2020
    I think a good solution is to offer tiered rewards. Multiple missions which are each once-per-day, possibly changing daily, like:

Deliver 30 Golden Herbs to Manus: 5 coins
    Clear Peaca Intermediate Dungeon: 15 coins
    Craft 1 Dowra SE: 8 coins
    Defeat 10 Succubus Fiends: 10 coins
    Earn 10,000 ducats from commerce: 8 coins
    Clear Alban Knights Training Ground on any difficulty: 6 coins
    Craft 2 Giant Shoulder Armors: 8 coins
    Deliver 30 Average Firewood to Tracy: 5 coins
    Catch a fish over 150cm: 8 coins
    Complete 5 Part-time Jobs: 5 coins
    Deliver 10 Fresh Honey to Lileas: 4 coins

....and so forth. Each day could provide a variety of types of quests with a variety of difficulties. Everyone would have access to the same rewards through a coin shop, but the more you can do, the more rewards you get.

Something like the mission point event, but with far more interesting missions, and more per day.
    Timefall wrote: »
    I think a good solution is to offer tiered rewards. Multiple missions which are each once-per-day, possibly changing daily, like:

Deliver 30 Golden Herbs to Manus: 5 coins
    Clear Peaca Intermediate Dungeon: 15 coins
    Craft 1 Dowra SE: 8 coins
    Defeat 10 Succubus Fiends: 10 coins
    Earn 10,000 ducats from commerce: 8 coins
    Clear Alban Knights Training Ground on any difficulty: 6 coins
    Craft 2 Giant Shoulder Armors: 8 coins
    Deliver 30 Average Firewood to Tracy: 5 coins
    Catch a fish over 150cm: 8 coins
    Complete 5 Part-time Jobs: 5 coins
    Deliver 10 Fresh Honey to Lileas: 4 coins

....and so forth. Each day could provide a variety of types of quests with a variety of difficulties. Everyone would have access to the same rewards through a coin shop, but the more you can do, the more rewards you get.

Something like the mission point event, but with far more interesting missions, and more per day.

It's nice for solos, but not great for community activity.
  • HelsaHelsa
    For a "crafting" event where being good at crafting gives you a leg up? Easy peasy. Have the event NPC reward you for every wood board you turn in. There are many ways to collect wood boards in-game but you can also craft them. Go on, take a look at all that is involved in making them. That will separate the wheat from the chaff.
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Can we get auto coins for killing monsters like maplestory does
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    We rarely get some new and unique events, maybe once or twice a year. People don't care anyway, all they want is Doki Doki events.
    Greta wrote: »
    We rarely get some new and unique events, maybe once or twice a year. People don't care anyway, all they want is Doki Doki events.

They just want to profit off fish, fruit and potatoes.
  • TimefallTimefall

Right, as far as event content is concerned, it seems most people don't care at all. They just want prizes, so they ask for boring and/or easy events which give nice things, and that's how we got where we are now. : (
    Timefall wrote: »

Right, as far as event content is concerned, it seems most people don't care at all. They just want prizes, so they ask for boring and/or easy events which give nice things, and that's how we got where we are now. : (

I'm sure that if there were longer multistep events where it's not a chore to keep on repeating the same thing over and over, things would be a lot less boring.