Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Caracal 2nd title vs. Dan Life title

NeyheshiNeyheshi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
in General Chat
Does anyone know which would be better when combined with the Master Artisan/Engineer title? As someone that is obsessed with crafting I'm curious which would give the better output.
Lylem

Comments

• Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Good question. The dan title is supposed to boost the master title by 20% wasn't it? Without some numbers on the boosts the master and Caracal titles give, it'd probably be hard to say.

Pure speculation that most people are probably going with: Master title says it gives a quality boost, and Caracal title says it gives a quality boost, while the dan title simply improves on the boost of the master title. Obviously two boosts are better than 1.2 boost!

Eh, maybe someone can come in here with numerical probabilities for us?
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    I’ve heard that master title is better than Caracal title by a noticeable amount. I don’t know if this was with or without dan3
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    As long as the Dan Life skill secondary is comparable. I’d hate for this to be another Crazy Crafter situation, except worse cuz you know... crossover with no chance of rerelease.
  • GraboGrabo
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Whoever would have the Master title will surely have the Dan 2nd title too. I don't think it'd make sense if the Caracal 2nd title would give a worse effect.

Would be lovely if Nexon could be a bit more clear on the effects...
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Grabo wrote: »
    Whoever would have the Master title will surely have the Dan 2nd title too. I don't think it'd make sense if the Caracal 2nd title would give a worse effect.

Would be lovely if Nexon could be a bit more clear on the effects...

Agreed. I wish more information was available without having to dig around or run experiments. If anyone can give a solid answer, it would be appreciated.
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    edited April 23, 2020
    Not everyone who has master has dan3. Also, I just realised that the bonus from caracal is only added on if you have the master title equip. I'd like to know how much the boost is, but as long as it only boosts by a tiny fraction, and it is only available through this gacha, I can see why it's so expensive. People don't want to miss out on the crafters' version of 67th floor.

Mind you, I wish Nexon would put 2nd title transfers behind a paywall, like transferring anything else in the game.
    (Pets, equipment, dolls, literally everything except NX.)