Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does anybody feel ripped off by the Japari Bus pet

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah, go buy 10 of them it works. :D! Don't listen to this guy rofl.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    RoyRed wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Something that important having to be found out the hard way creates bad word of mouth. That being said, I bought the pet and I love it. To confirm when it says seats 7 it does mean 7 in total including you not 7 after you. I was really hoping for 8 total though. For me, the reason to buy WAS the seating capacity and anything after that was gravy. I'm not trying to invalidate the OP's feelings, just to state mine. To sum up, in the style of Mr. James Brown:

Ah gah da buzz, huh . . . Mmm Mmm
    Ah gah da buz, hah . . . heh AYE
    Da funkeh buzz, uhn . . .kenyudigit
    Get own da buzz . . . fo RAYE

Goan crozz da tahn, yeh . . . hoo AH
    Goan crozz da tahn, uhn . . . gi'dahn
    Dem weez own da buzz . . . HUAH
    Go Rahn n RAHN

Hey Helsa the jousting finals video maker, I was saying the bus "pet" should have a passenger seat next to the owner's seat with the 6 seats behind the that said owner that makes 8 players could fit the ride; then it will be a full party!

Former Champions, such as yourself, make the finals; I just document them. It'd have been nice if they could've stuffed in one more seat.
    Wolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Crims wrote: »
    I bought the pets for my crossover collection. I didn't even know it had those stats. XD

I bought it cuz I like being able to carry 7 ppl and I had no clue it had a buff either lol

I wish I could make it an interaction though, it's dumb how crossover stuff can't have interactions
    bleep copyright
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Something that important having to be found out the hard way creates bad word of mouth. That being said, I bought the pet and I love it. To confirm when it says seats 7 it does mean 7 in total including you not 7 after you. I was really hoping for 8 total though. For me, the reason to buy WAS the seating capacity and anything after that was gravy. I'm not trying to invalidate the OP's feelings, just to state mine. To sum up, in the style of Mr. James Brown:

Go Rahn n RAHN

the pet is great but it would of been nice if we got the season 1 Japari Bus instead:
    973.gif

if our bus had that red platform on the back a eighth player could stand on the back there. the pet wouldn't have been that much bigger with that minor attachment.
    SherriHazurahKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »

Go Rahn n RAHN

the pet is great but it would of been nice if we got the season 1 Japari Bus instead:
    973.gif

if our bus had that red platform on the back a eighth player could stand on the back there. the pet wouldn't have been that much bigger with that minor attachment.

Kew, and either give the character standing out side on the back a cigarette smoking animation or let them conduct range attacks? So the passenger cabin is a trailer then huh?
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    To me the main selling points were:
    1. it seats 7 ppl so i can truck around an almost full party
    2. it's cute and reminds me of the cat bus from Totoro

the combat buff was just icing on the cake for me, i'm happy with my kitty bus

i also am just enjoying the anime so having some cute things from it in-game is nice
    КалашниковSaiNegumikoWolfsingerSherri
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Shakaya wrote: »
    To me the main selling points were:
    1. it seats 7 ppl so i can truck around an almost full party
    2. it's cute and reminds me of the cat bus from Totoro

the combat buff was just icing on the cake for me, i'm happy with my kitty bus

i also am just enjoying the anime so having some cute things from it in-game is nice

I like your positivity.
    ShakayaWolfsingerSherriChaosShadowHabimaru
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

ProtectingTheWagon.jpg
    WolfsingerChaosShadow
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

ProtectingTheWagon.jpg

....well there's a trip down memory lane XDD Good times, that.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Sell it to me for 20m if you're itching to get rid of it. I'll find a way to log on to take it off your hands if you're on Nao.

Pet medals are perma in the CS now.
  • GretaGreta
    Rhey wrote: »
    Sell it to me for 20m if you're itching to get rid of it. I'll find a way to log on to take it off your hands if you're on Nao.

Pet medals are perma in the CS now.

Same. But Alexina here.
  • ParodiParodi
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    I'm sorry your P2W had less win and more pay, better luck next time.
    GretaAlshian
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    No.
    Nothing about this pet is ripping people off.
    To you know how broken it would be if you could use the buff every so often after the 10 minutes are up?
    50 minute cool down is perfectly reasonable for the amount of stats it gives.

this! serious this buff is op because of 40% move speed + 100% exp buff other stat are extra peak, it feel like a weak version mix of transformation(stat) and demigod(move speed) , without that long cd it just a new limited broken pet
  • HelsaHelsa
    Can I address the elephant in the room: without a doubt, the bus has the very best summon animation of any pet.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Wait, if the buff is 10m per hour, with a cool-down of 50m, wouldn't six buses be sufficient to be buffed all-hour-long...? ;o
    Greta wrote: »
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Wait, if the buff is 10m per hour, with a cool-down of 50m, wouldn't six buses be sufficient to be buffed all-hour-long...? ;o

No, to be buffed "all day long" you'd need 12 buses, since the bus summon time is 120 minutes. People have got to sleep, so Greta's suggestion gets you closer to that.
    Wolfsinger
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The pet apparently has a sound bug.

When despawned during combat by an enemy roar or something, the engine sound lingers.
  • GretaGreta
    TNinja wrote: »

When despawned during combat by an enemy roar or something, the engine sound lingers.

Why i'm not surprised by this one. This is pretty much similar glitch to that flight sound glitch which usually came from dragons.
    Sherri
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    TNinja wrote: »

Why i'm not surprised by this one. This is pretty much similar glitch to that flight sound glitch which usually came from dragons.

Yeah, this one is straight out worse. The sound isn't locked in the area. It's locked to you.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    edited April 26, 2020
    aye it should mention the cool down in the advertisement and the description. saying it doesnt stack isn't enough. the cool down is 100% understandable, it's already a super broken mount imo, would be insane if u could just keep applying that buff. but it really needs to be stated upfront, you can't assume everyone just knows.

When I read it I thought the buff came at the high, high price of being seen riding in that van for 10 minutes, soo... (lmao)

(I just really hope they release another 7 player mount that I don't despise the appearance of, cus i'm not buying this one)