Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Suggestion: Revise event prerequirements.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited April 24, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
The minimum requirement for engaging in event quests in game has to be updated. The current requirement is to have a total level of 30, which by all means can be obtained almost as soon as you create a character. With mods this can be exploited to make many alternate accounts over a short period to spam events to horde the rewards, and to trade them (if the items are tradable) to a main account. This has lead to events over the last couple of years having sub-par rewards from being nerfed to combat alt abuse, or horrible rng to prevent people from hording high value prizes.

The solution of course isn't to make events activate at a higher ttl, but to complete manual tasks to enable the quests. One such task would be to complete the tuitorial questline every new character have to mandatorily do upon creation. The questline is just long enough to discourage people from creating new accounts.

This really can't continue, it will only ruin future events for others as the greed of those abusing dozens of alts will flood events to gain an unfair advantage over those who don't use 20 to 30 alts to fuel their bank accounts. There have been times in the official discord during the first Festia draw event where players have bragged about creating approximately 100 to 200 alts just to spam events to reap the rewards, while everyone else gets trash.

mabinogi_2020_04_24_001.png

This has to stop, the solution is so simple yet nothing is ever done.
Edit: realized the Lorna and Pan Bugle expires after ttl 50.

Ign: Sorapandora
Server: Alexina
GretaKensamaofmari

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Been seeing this almost every event now. It was a horrific sight during Potter Event and i noticed there was some interesting gathering of such alts next to Talvish during Anniversary Event as well. They really need to do something about it.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    While I agree this has to come to an end, I don't think a "just long enough" quest will be sufficient to stop it. As I've mentioned in other threads, I still believe the best solution is for events to reward skill or effort instead of giving free handouts for just logging in. If an event requires 30-60 minutes of actively playing each day (fighting, etc), people won't be able to do it on 100 alts.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited April 29, 2020
    Timefall wrote: »
    While I agree this has to come to an end, I don't think a "just long enough" quest will be sufficient to stop it. As I've mentioned in other threads, I still believe the best solution is for events to reward skill or effort instead of giving free handouts for just logging in. If an event requires 30-60 minutes of actively playing each day (fighting, etc), people won't be able to do it on 100 alts.

But will they be able to do it on enough.

I think for event and market participation, think the level prereq should be higher and newbies should complete a certain number of required quests. It will make it not as attractive for new incoming players, but if they intend to play this game and not just for the events, they should go through a proper procedure in playing
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    The problem is that it only takes about two hours for a new player to reach total level 5000 and finish most beginner quests. Someone could make 100 alts over the course of a week, or a month if necessary, then use those same alts for events over the next several years. People don't need to make 100 alts per event, they use ones they already made long ago.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    make very valuable item untradeable even with trade unlock (high end weapons, Lottery items)
    Make event require doing moderate stuff (Artifact searching, Blacksmith, Tailor, Fosil, mini games)
    Make cooking/crafting items in moderate rank (that requires something like secret shop's item to rank)
    stop giving a damn about new players by making event excessively easy
    Stop making afk event, even if it's just an hour for a reward
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hazurah wrote: »
    make very valuable item untradeable even with trade unlock (high end weapons, Lottery items)
    Make event require doing moderate stuff (Artifact searching, Blacksmith, Tailor, Fosil, mini games)
    Make cooking/crafting items in moderate rank (that requires something like secret shop's item to rank)

They have come up with a lot of untradeable items and also a lot more expiring items for this purpose which has really annoyed many.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Hazurah wrote: »

They have come up with a lot of untradeable items and also a lot more expiring items for this purpose which has really annoyed many.

it's because those item also counted as trash as well or mildly useless
    and I'm talking about high end item here
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 30, 2020
    Nexon giving away event rewards:

Training/Rebirth/Skill reset potions, etc. = expirable and untradeable.
    A rare end game gear = permanent and tradeable.

Nexon in nutshell. Good logic.