Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf &Giant marriage

NyroNyro
Mabinogi Rep: 940
in Feedback and Suggestions
It's been a while since saga ended, I feel like elves and giant players should have the option to marry at this point, I already know some of you will say "oh but they're enemy factions" but please don't this is a suggestion, not a demand.
[Deleted User]
  1. Elf giant marriage21 votes
    1. Yes
       86% (18 votes)
    2. No
       14% (3 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    This has definitely been long overdue
    Some would argue they aren't exactly allies but more of at a truce but this shouldn't stop MILLETIANS from marrying other MILLETIANS y'know? :o
    Ryokuza
  • NyroNyro
    edited April 24, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »
    This has definitely been long overdue
    Some would argue they aren't exactly allies but more of at a truce but this shouldn't stop MILLETIANS from marrying other MILLETIANS y'know? :o

exactly! someone else understands! ♥
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I really thought that G-Romeo and Julliette was going to bring this in; it would have totally made sense. Allowing this is a more complex issue than it may first appear to be.

If you allow Elf/Giant marriage where is the venue where it occurs? So you have to revisit all three venues to remove their exclusivity rules, which overall is probably a good thing. Allowing any kind of marriage in any of the three venues would be good I think: Emain Macha for a traditional western civilization style wedding, Filia for a small non-grandios style wedding, and Vales for a military style wedding.

The ally system has to be removed and that touches a few things. The differing price options and the restictions on exploration quests has to be lifted. The "elf versus giant" conversation keyword has to go. Some of Krugs throw away lines will need to be revisited. Giants will have to be able to carry elves; I don't think anyone will mind that. Because of EvG the PvP system will have to be overhauled; this is probably a good idea anyway, but that is going to require original code.

Since, I'm tall I'm all for it but this is a bigger job than it would seem to be.
    Nyro[Deleted User]
  • NyroNyro
    Helsa wrote: »
    I really thought that G-Romeo and Julliette was going to bring this in; it would have totally made sense. Allowing this is a more complex issue than it may first appear to be.

If you allow Elf/Giant marriage where is the venue where it occurs? So you have to revisit all three venues to remove their exclusivity rules, which overall is probably a good thing. Allowing any kind of marriage in any of the three venues would be good I think: Emain Macha for a traditional western civilization style wedding, Filia for a small non-grandios style wedding, and Vales for a military style wedding.

The ally system has to be removed and that touches a few things. The differing price options and the restictions on exploration quests has to be lifted. The "elf versus giant" conversation keyword has to go. Some of Krugs throw away lines will need to be revisited. Giants will have to be able to carry elves; I don't think anyone will mind that. Because of EvG the PvP system will have to be overhauled; this is probably a good idea anyway, but that is going to require original code.

Since, I'm tall I'm all for it but this is a bigger job than it would seem to be.

I can see what you mean about it being a big job, and like you said most of the changed it would bring would indeed be improvements, regardless of the need for new code
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Nexon - "Let's approve gay marriage, that's proactive and modern."
    Also Nexon - "But interracial marriage is just not ok."
    NyroHazurah[Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Elf won't be able to handle Giant partner ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Agree, I thought they would allow all that once Elf/Giant guards stopped attacking and elves could have darker hair+skin.

Greta wrote: »
    Elf won't be able to handle Giant partner ;)

Seriously? Indecent jokes on the forums??
    Nyro[Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    something like this could done at Cor Village, we either use Kousai's house or they add a new building for weddings where elves and giants can get married without being judged by Filia or Vales. it would be nice to remove church restrictions as well. let to two humans get married in Filia or Vales or two elves get married in Emain or Vales. Filia and Vales could allow elves and humans to marry each other in enemy territory as proof they trust each other enough to keep their truce. Castanea is stuck in the past and won't change the ancient elf ways making it impossible for them to evolve and Krug is to proud to be the first to admit defeat. they are the main cause of the problem, it would be nice to maybe see a Saga 3 where Castanea and Krug may still be around but Filia and Vales would get new leaders so change can actually happen. almost all the content and events happen in Uladh and the Belvast map is even complete now, there is so much more that could be done to improve Iria and bring life back to that dead continent. elf and giant marriage, Iria commerce, rafting update, Saga 3, adding more Adventure Seal quests, and updating the Adventure Seal shop and adding a Adventure Seal shop merchant in Iria. I will support any Iria ideas like this cause it is sad to see a continent with so much potential ignored for so long.
    ShakayaNyro[Deleted User]
  • Fae_QueenFae_Queen
    Mabinogi Rep: 315
    As a primary elf player who may or may not have obsessively dived into the current elf lore, we already have a bit of an example of possible romance between the two factions through Atrata and Taunes. They could make a whole event going into the two characters finally getting married in this new era of peace between the two factions that the current lore seems to be stepping towards, so story wise they have all the tools they need really. Even some jaded characters of both sides come to find a rather mutual respect during the saga quest lines, so it appears the foundation has been laid out, but weather or not nexon will jump on this opportunity to change this feature into an all inclusive one remains to be seen
    Nyro[Deleted User]
  • IcezeroIcezero
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    If we can run around vales/filia without being attacked... we should be allowed to be married already!
    [Deleted User]