Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Colored Chichol Wings?

FaybalFaybal
Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
in General Chat
How are people getting these colored chichol wings? Are they dyeable? I kinda want a black pair because I've been a big fan of Morrighan's wings for a while :U

Comments

• OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    you use synthesis to combine 3 of them for a low chance of getting back your chichol wing in another color
    Faybal
  • FaybalFaybal
    Thanks! I'm an idiot and forgot that was a thing ;-;
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    you use synthesis to combine 3 of them for a low chance of getting back your chichol wing in another color

Excuse me what
    Faybal
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    TNinja wrote: »
    Owntrolf wrote: »

Excuse me what

You can actually do this with any wings not just chichol wings. They just have to be 3 of the same kind. I saw someone with brown dark blue dominator wings. They were pretty cool looking. But yeah if you have the gold you can sacrifice 3 pairs of wings and pray you get something original.
    Faybal
  • FaybalFaybal
    Yeah, I've been seeing oddly colored wings (Like grey purple flame wings) on the auction house and was wondering how this was happening xD
    Though it would suck to spend millions to get a fabric or something
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Greta wrote: »

I guess the rich gotta spend SOME money
    Kensamaofmari
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited April 27, 2020
    Why am I just now seeing different colored wings from Synth, when Synth has been a thing for ages.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Harukari wrote: »
    Why am I just now seeing different colored wings from Synth, when Synth has been a thing for ages.

I suspect it was a update that wasn't specified.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Can you synth any wings though?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Crims wrote: »

I suspect it was a update that wasn't specified.

Update that wasn't specified?
    This has always been a feature. Ever since Synthesis was a thing you could synth 3 of the same item together and possibly get that exact item back with random colors.
    Most items can be dyed normally, so getting something back in random colors wasn't very impressive unless it was something like these undyeable wings.
    But also, it's just that wings weren't all that expendable back when Synthesis was new.

But even so, this isn't perfect.
    After all you aren't guaranteed to get the same wings back in a different color.
    You can also get something awful, like a single Finest Fabric.

I think so, unless the wings are untradeable or expiring.
    Too bad, you can't synth 3 expired Ferghus Wings together to get a random-color non-expiring pair.
    You used to be able to synth expiring items, but after the very first Doki Doki event, they updated Synthesis to exclude such items.
    GretaWolfsingerCrimsọnHarukariFaybal
  • FaybalFaybal

It might be only certain wings. I think wings like the Black Dragon Knight's Wounded wings don't change color even when synthed because The wings themselves are red/brown/darkish but the color code on the item lists it as #808080 (neutral gray) if I remember correctly. I'll check tomorrow after maintenance to see-- If I find some that are cheap (they seem relatively cheap on Nao) I might try synthing them to test my theory. I mean with the rate that Nexon's just recoloring wings and re-releasing them into "_______ Wing Gachapon" you would think they should just call it a day and make wings dyeable, but I guess if they can monetize it, they will :^)