Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Duel wield 1h axe and blunts for humans

AnimemabiAnimemabi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
in Feedback and Suggestions
i want to be a viking like bad i dont get how humans with 1-2k str are too weak to lift 2 1h axes or bunt weapons sounds like a elven weakness.
THICCthighssavelives

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Ooh, how about 2h-wielding great swords?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Or mixed weapons: gladius with mace. Elves cannot duel wield since the game lore says they're too week but why not let them duel wield tools. This would give a reason to actually purchase the combat upgrades for tools. Let humans duel wield tools plus any one-handed weapons. Let giants duel wield any tools, one-handed weapons, and any two-handed wepaon that they already can use with a shield. This would all make sense from a game lore point of view.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    With so much dexterity, why they dont allow elf to at least dual wield daggers, or blades

or better make entirely new weapon class; Twin-blade; like the already available Chef's Passion

Bonus point that Chef's passion is not even considered sword or dual wielding weapon
  • HelsaHelsa
    Hazurah wrote: »
    With so much dexterity, why they dont allow elf to at least dual wield daggers, or blades

or better make entirely new weapon class; Twin-blade; like the already available Chef's Passion

Bonus point that Chef's passion is not even considered sword or dual wielding weapon

If you're an elven jouster, you cover your ears and carry the Chef's Passion, to fool people into thinking you're a human.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I'mma giant, and as much as I'd LOVE to dual wield 1-handed axes, I'm fairly certain it will never happen. Axes have already been given significant bonuses for being un-dual-wieldable by player characters. They're pretty much locked into that role now.

Personally, I think the current axe bonuses make them the best one-handed weapon, and I wouldn't want them to lose that for a reason as silly as "I want to look like a viking".
  • HelsaHelsa
    Timefall wrote: »
    I'mma giant, and as much as I'd LOVE to dual wield 1-handed axes, I'm fairly certain it will never happen. Axes have already been given significant bonuses for being un-dual-wieldable by player characters. They're pretty much locked into that role now.

Personally, I think the current axe bonuses make them the best one-handed weapon, and I wouldn't want them to lose that for a reason as silly as "I want to look like a viking".

I wanna look like Shamala. :)
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    As long as they don't nerf them. I've poured far too much time and money in Enchants, Spirit, and Erg for my Francisca to have them nerf 1-handed axes.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Dual wield mix and match. That's the way to go. An ax on one hand and a hammer on the other.