Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Petition to bring back 3d animated login screens

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 18, 2020
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Keeping the attention of new kiddos ready to spend their parents $$$$$ is more important than letting us old folks enjoy nostalgia.

This game barely has any kids playing this. It's mostly adults and i know plenty of players of age 25 and older. I probably don't need to explain why it's like that.

Really? Most of the new people I'm meeting are high schoolers

I sometimes meet kids and teens, but rarely anyone stays to play this game any longer than few months.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    @op check your private messages
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I honestly hated the animated logins, they slowed my old pc down sooo much when they removed them and switched to a static 2d image the login took less time, the music didnt remix it self due to lagg, the game didnt crash while trying load log in page

Im honestly glad they switched to a 2d log in and i honestly hope it stays that way

Sure but the overwhelming majority of players aren't playing on a potato.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Lhakryma wrote: »
    I honestly hated the animated logins, they slowed my old pc down sooo much when they removed them and switched to a static 2d image the login took less time, the music didnt remix it self due to lagg, the game didnt crash while trying load log in page

Im honestly glad they switched to a 2d log in and i honestly hope it stays that way

Sure but the overwhelming majority of players aren't playing on a potato.

I still don't understand the logic behind a 2D still image burning through the fans more than the 3D live rendered animated background.
    GretaAlshianChaosShadow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Keeping the attention of new kiddos ready to spend their parents $$$$$ is more important than letting us old folks enjoy nostalgia.

This game barely has any kids playing this. It's mostly adults and i know plenty of players of age 25 and older. I probably don't need to explain why it's like that.

Really? Most of the new people I'm meeting are high schoolers

Makes sense otakus are born in high school.

Don't get me wrong, I love anime but I don't plaster my walls with it anymore. :smirk:
    Kensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Traitor c:

Tho I am the type who never had anything on his walls in his own room...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alshian wrote: »
    Traitor c:

It's not treacherous, it's evolution!
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Traitor c:

So, pokemon?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Traitor c:

So, pokemon?

I don't think Crims would be a pokemon you can catch.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Traitor c:

So, pokemon?

I don't think Crims would be a pokemon you can catch.

Can't argue with that
  • YuenSanYuenSan
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited May 3, 2020
    How nostalgic. I remember when the main menu had that picture. It looked so "high quality." Now we have these low quality PNGs that are stretched and squashed that are probably not even the native resolution of the image. I like the Goddess of Light login Screen.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    YuenSan wrote: »
    How nostalgic. I remember when the main menu had that picture. It looked so "high quality." Now we have these low quality PNGs that are stretched and squashed that are probably not even the native resolution of the image. I like the Goddess of Light login Screen.

They are low resolution aren't they? Makes this game look cheap.
    Helsa