Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Revamp the Altruist feature

YuenSanYuenSan
Mabinogi Rep: 750
in Feedback and Suggestions
You that tiny "Help!" button that in the quest interface? Apparently that Altruist quest board feature is pretty much dead now. I think it needs to be revamped or be more noticeable because when I first saw it, I thought it was just a "help" information button where it tells you how the quest interface works. I think it needs to be revamped into a mentor system or just move the Altruist button into its own button at the bottom. Or even better, just remake the function since no one is posting anything.
GretaAmaraz

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    i can barely even see it the first time i was told to use it

Was it Lorna beginner quest and Blaanid?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That's a good point that labelling it "help" can be misunderstood. The main reason for it being dormant most the time is that most folks are not interested in helping. So this feature is for the few of us who are willing to do so. Perhaps the button should be labelled "Get Help" or something like that for low level characters. Is there a reward system for high level characters or is it purely altruistic? Introducing rewards for those who can help out might . . . well, help.
  • YuenSanYuenSan
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited May 4, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    That's a good point that labelling it "help" can be misunderstood. The main reason for it being dormant most the time is that most folks are not interested in helping. So this feature is for the few of us who are willing to do so. Perhaps the button should be labelled "Get Help" or something like that for low level characters. Is there a reward system for high level characters or is it purely altruistic? Introducing rewards for those who can help out might . . . well, help.

It's only aesthetic rewards, but a lot of people like fashion in the game, so there's a leaderboard system (which I also think should be removed) because apparently the top 10 people who are the top 10 altruists get special effects for being the top altruists for helping people out. So since no one has been using it, they've had those effects for a long time. You also get some journal entries (achievements) but that's not really significant.

EDIT: There are also Returning player and Blaanid flower stamp quests tied to the Altruism mechanic.

Perhaps there should be a better reward system to entice players to help people like a milestone reward instead of using leaderboard rewards. Like the farthest miletone would get you an outfit or a title that also gives you said leaderboard effects.

Hazurah wrote: »
    i can barely even see it the first time i was told to use it

Was it Lorna beginner quest and Blaanid?

It was a Lorna and Pan quest.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Agreed