Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It's been a long time

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crims wrote: »
    Honestly I am worried this game is going to survive this year.

Oh, please. Of course eventually it will end since the sun will eventually explode, but THIS year?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »

Oh, please. Of course eventually it will end since the sun will eventually explode, but THIS year?

Mabinogi ended every year for several times. I honestly don't react to these claims anymore until it comes officially from Nexon.
    PolicromaWolfsingerLiberate
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

Mabinogi ended every year for several times. I honestly don't react to these claims anymore until it comes officially from Nexon.

I mean, they're still spending money on it. Aren't these claims all being made by jaded end-of-gamers?
    Policroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 4, 2020
    Yeah well my concerns are about covid and how it's impacting revenue for this game. Has anyone stopped to think about that? They have been really quiet.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited May 4, 2020
    Yeah well my concerns are about covid and how it's impacting revenue for this game. Has anyone stopped to think about that? They have been really quiet.

When have they not been quiet? It's Nexon.

Also people are still eating up the crossover stuff as much as they usually do. I can't count how many Japari buses I've seen. Yeah businesses are going to suffer from the COVID-19 shenanigans, but I doubt some people are actually using their stimulus checks reasonably to begin with. They're still addicted to gacha, pandemic or not. Not much has changed for certain kinds of people.
    GretaWolfsingerRadiant DawnLiberate
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sebastian wrote: »

Also people are still eating up the crossover stuff as much as they usually do. I can't count how many Japari buses I've seen. Yeah businesses are going to suffer from the COVID-19 shenanigans, but I doubt some people are actually using their stimulus checks reasonably to begin with. They're still addicted to gacha, pandemic or not. Not much has changed for certain kinds of people.

Many lost mon mons during a crisis..."Smart" c:
    SebastianWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa

Oh, I see! Hm? At the end of the day, if you have a job, this game isn't all that expensive. Of course, we all know how the world works, so that when things get rolling again, we all know the little guy is ultimately gonna pay for it all but, I mean, even level headed people still buy beer between jobs.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    It's not a quitting story unless you're going scorched earth or cold turkey. Otherwise, you're making a lot of noise for just a season of hiatus.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sebastian wrote: »

They can easily use it as an excuse like a lot of companies have been doing. But sure whatever. I don't want to be accused of fud, I just have legitimate concerns with the way everything has been effecting everything and everyone.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I mean if you really want to know what goes on, just go to Nexon's Investor's relation page. They even have on demand video of their quarterly results meeting now.

They're a public company after all. They'll release the 1st quarter results next week for 2020 I believe. Numbers could be down, but I don't think Mabinogi is in any danger of ceasing based off me following their results the past few quarters. Signs of MS2's potential demise could be seen.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    You mean GOVid and how the GOVid is affecting businesses and the world and of course that fear-mongering media... they (the main-stream media) are nothing more than a whole bunches of crazy, insane, over-reacting, mentally ill «conspiracy theorists» for as far as I'm concerned. They've (they = main-stream media) always been against «video-games» from the very beginning of when computer-games first started existing.

Consider this... (placed into spoiler due to length)
    The following is addressed to the «psychiatry» industry but is completely relevant to the world-situation which I quote from as follows....:

«The reality of spirit and the influence of this realm on human behaviour needs be known and can be understood by us but this is not possible from within the context of physical reality only. We must incorporate the spirit realm if our understanding is to be complete.

To dissect the brain of a dead person to generate hypothesis leading to significant conclusions about the mental or emotional state of that dead person while they were alive does I think bear witness to the way in which humanity has identified spirit as being governed by the laws pertaining to matter only.

This reduction of man to material or physical reality at the exclusion of his spirit has led to much confusion concerning our understanding of the mind. Today we are experiencing the consequence of that loss.

We live in an age of material enlightenment. Knowledge of multi-faceted areas affecting us as humans is at a peak. We have the technology, information and resources to feed every being on the planet, yet thousands are starving.

We have almost inexhaustible information giving us understanding of human emotions and behaviour to ensure a peaceful and happy existence, yet more individuals than ever are dissatisfied, with greater numbers reporting a loss of meaning in their lives.

Our information technology and understanding of communication and negotiation skills would lead us to conclude that peace was inevitable, yet wars rage amongst nations. We live in a time of the greatest material opulence, many having an abundance of material possessions, yet thousands are homeless, why? - I think our spirit rebels at the lack of incorporation of "it" into the totality of the self.

We are not only physical material beings. If we were, the increase of material wealth and comfort, particularly in the Western World, would result in a majority of the population being happy and content. This is obviously not the case.

Although through ignorance we have chosen to ignore the spirit's reality that reality has not simply ceased to exist! Quite the converse, slowly but inexorably, the negative spirit realm has intensified the assertion of its reality into our minds. It is the lack of this understanding which accounts for the current escalation of negative mental and emotional confusion.»
    -Quoted from http://the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/clem/forgive/manual1.htm
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Habimaru wrote: »
    You mean GOVid and how the GOVid is affecting businesses and the world and of course that fear-mongering media... they (the main-stream media) are nothing more than a whole bunches of crazy, insane, over-reacting, mentally ill «conspiracy theorists» for as far as I'm concerned. They've (they = main-stream media) always been against «video-games» from the very beginning of when computer-games first started existing.

Consider this... (placed into spoiler due to length)
    The following is addressed to the «psychiatry» industry but is completely relevant to the world-situation which I quote from as follows....:

«The reality of spirit and the influence of this realm on human behaviour needs be known and can be understood by us but this is not possible from within the context of physical reality only. We must incorporate the spirit realm if our understanding is to be complete.

To dissect the brain of a dead person to generate hypothesis leading to significant conclusions about the mental or emotional state of that dead person while they were alive does I think bear witness to the way in which humanity has identified spirit as being governed by the laws pertaining to matter only.

This reduction of man to material or physical reality at the exclusion of his spirit has led to much confusion concerning our understanding of the mind. Today we are experiencing the consequence of that loss.

We live in an age of material enlightenment. Knowledge of multi-faceted areas affecting us as humans is at a peak. We have the technology, information and resources to feed every being on the planet, yet thousands are starving.

We have almost inexhaustible information giving us understanding of human emotions and behaviour to ensure a peaceful and happy existence, yet more individuals than ever are dissatisfied, with greater numbers reporting a loss of meaning in their lives.

Our information technology and understanding of communication and negotiation skills would lead us to conclude that peace was inevitable, yet wars rage amongst nations. We live in a time of the greatest material opulence, many having an abundance of material possessions, yet thousands are homeless, why? - I think our spirit rebels at the lack of incorporation of "it" into the totality of the self.

We are not only physical material beings. If we were, the increase of material wealth and comfort, particularly in the Western World, would result in a majority of the population being happy and content. This is obviously not the case.

Although through ignorance we have chosen to ignore the spirit's reality that reality has not simply ceased to exist! Quite the converse, slowly but inexorably, the negative spirit realm has intensified the assertion of its reality into our minds. It is the lack of this understanding which accounts for the current escalation of negative mental and emotional confusion.»
    -Quoted from http://the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/clem/forgive/manual1.htm

Habi, while I would agree with you - this comment is going to get sniped.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Hey I'm bashing nexon and mabinogi/it's community over here stop turning the thread into some tinfoil hat garbage.

587216357976834051.png?v=1
    Not gonna lie, I normally feel like all the people going on about the game dying are wrong just flat wrong, because this game will stay up due to the support of a handful of mega whales. Things aren't looking good right now for sure though, covid is a part of it too.
  • HelsaHelsa
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    If you «get» to «bash» Nexon/community then those who feel like it also «get» to «bash» your oh-so-sacred DE FACTO «gov» institutions.
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Hey I'm bashing nexon and mabinogi/it's community over here stop turning the thread into some tinfoil hat garbage.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Habimaru wrote: »
    If you «get» to «bash» Nexon/community then those who feel like it also «get» to «bash» your oh-so-sacred DE FACTO «gov» institutions.
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Sure, but do it in off topic, this is still mabinogi specific chat.
    GretaSebastianAlshianWolfsingerCMKyrios
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Bash.pngBash.pngBash.pngBash.pngBash.png
    GretaWolfsingerLiberateSebastianAlshianCrimsọnTwelie
  • HelsaHelsa
    Now where were we? <goes back and re-reads the original post>

We see elsewhere in the forums an official past event suggestion thread. This is because all past events probably are still in the code but turned off. To restart a past event they just twiddle some conditional compile codes, recompile the code, and they're off-to-the-races. Nexon NA is likely able to do this independently of the Korean development team. Some past events are remembered well and are welcomed when they return. Some events aren't. Some events are in-between such as Doku Doku Island, where if you already have flight it's no big deal for you, but if you don't it's the world to you.

As for new events, I think a lot of the events can be boring because they are often so similar. I would not be surprised, if the dev team, in Korea, has an "Event Builder" app where they just tweak parameters, hit a button, compile a dll, or some such thing, and BINGO new event.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    I feel like a lot of people would have to protest/quit. One person can ignite change, but if you're leaving anyway, you're like drop of water in ocean to a company and their "loyal" playerbase.

They know they have a myriad of problem, but as long as something is working how they want, it's probably won't budge. Things like server issues/latency are different I assume, though.

Anyway, sorry to see you go and good luck. There absolutely no other mmo out right now for me so I'm going down with the ship (or until something else comes along).
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    There absolutely no other mmo out right now for me so I'm going down with the ship (or until something else comes along).

Honestly, this. Everywhere I've gone I've just not found any mmo that I like or is anything like this. And honestly, for all its faults, I still really like this game, and have many good memories from it. So, come eventually the end days when the servers go down, I'll prolly be here to see it happen.

Maybe I'll get to pull an Ainz, that'd be fun :P Anything to get me out of meeting deadlines!
    КалашниковKensamaofmari