Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

I got messaged by a mean drunk

КалашниковКалашников
Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
edited May 7, 2020 in Town Square
...drunk off coconut water
9waOYjR.png

I was just trying to be friendly and clear up any confusion. Then I get such a reply back (by the way, I didn't know you could swear here).
Kinda weird. It's anonymous, too, so I don't know who sent it.

W2jMnhP.png
Sebastian

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    How can you not know who it is, didn't you just black out their name and avatar?

Greta
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Helsa wrote: »
    How can you not know who it is, didn't you just black out their name and avatar?

Yes, I did it with my eyes closed to protect their identity. Pretty nice, if you ask me.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 7, 2020
    There, there~
    tenor.gif?itemid=13603011

Btw...you should really censor that cuss word there. You can't even show any examples of profanity in featured in screenshots and other media publicly. :smirk:
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Bruh...
    Crimsọn
  • КалашниковКалашников
    edited May 7, 2020
    *sorry, I will edit out the bad word
    Crims wrote: »
    Btw...you should really censor that cuss word there. You can't even show any examples of profanity in featured in screenshots and other media publicly. :smirk:

Ah, Crims you've been here a long time so you know the guidelines and community. Do you have any idea what I'm supposed to do or who sent this? Should I just report it?

I'm being serious, I mean, I'm basically a new player and this is how I'm welcomed.
    Sebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    *sorry, I will edit out the bad word

Ah, Crims you've been here a long time so you know the guidelines and community. Do you have any idea what I'm supposed to do or who sent this? Should I just report it?

I'm being serious, I mean, I'm basically a new player and this is how I'm welcomed.

I think we should all just move on.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    I think we should all just move on.
    uWHGYCL.gif

We? Well, you can leave if you want. You don't need to comment all the time. In fact, try not replying to this.

I prefer to stay. Besides, it's none of your business what I do.
    Sebastian
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 7, 2020

Yes, I did it with my eyes closed to protect their identity. Pretty nice, if you ask me.

I don't get it, either you reached out to them first, in which case you must've known whom they were, or, if they contacted you first, then first you left their initial communique out of this image, starting with your reply (the second? message in the chain, which is weird) and lastly you would know their name before you knew the content of their message. I don't understand how you could black out their name by not looking; how could you aim the mouse pointer. I'm so confused.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    "..."I'm so confused.

O, I know who they are. I'm pretending to not know to protect their identity, out of courtesy.
    Sorry, I was in a silly mood.
    Sebastian
  • HelsaHelsa
    "..."I'm so confused.

O, I know who they are. I'm pretending to not know to protect their identity, out of courtesy.
    Sorry, I was in a silly mood.

OH! I see. But then given this:

Since you know who they are, if the mystery person is Crims themself, then this really looks like a threat to Crims. I'm pretty sure that a threat is so much more of a no-no than using a four-letter word in private chat which, from the image above, was used to simply say "leave me alone". Still confused.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Since you know who they are, if the mystery person is Crims themself, then this really looks like a threat to Crims. I'm pretty sure that a threat is so much more of a no-no than using a four-letter word in private chat which, from the image above, was used to simply say "leave me alone". Still confused.

It's not Crims. It's not anyone. So it's not a threat and should not be perceived that way.

I'm not going to report anyone or do anything, obviously. All I wanted was advice from the forum veterans. It's a nobody for all you know, someone's alt, maybe a disgruntled ex.

I'm just sharing an image that was really, really funny.
    Sebastian
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

It's not Crims. It's not anyone. So it's not a threat and should not be perceived that way.

I'm not going to report anyone or do anything, obviously. All I wanted was advice from the forum veterans. It's a nobody for all you know, someone's alt, maybe a disgruntled ex.

All I see is, let's forget about it and go our separate ways, I don't care anymore, except with cruder language. So, nothing to see.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    All I see is, let's forget about it and go our separate ways, I don't care anymore, except with cruder language. So, nothing to see.

That's a very downplayed version of it, yes. You'd make a great cop.

If there's nothing to see, then what are you reading? You guys seem very defensive for a nobody. Weird.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

That's a very downplayed version of it, yes. You'd make a great cop.

If there's nothing to see, then what are you reading? You guys seem very defensive for a nobody. Weird.

No, I meant nothing else to see other than the context that was already provided. And you even said it. You're just posting something you thought was funny, in your comment before, so there's nothing else to see.

Rather than a cop, I'd probably be a bureaucrat instead... you know, those things that are hated even more than cops?
  • HelsaHelsa

It's a moot point since, the admins can read PMs, they can find out who it is anyway without you telling them and may do so since this public post has alerted them.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    `
    Oh okay.
    It's a moot point since, the admins can read PMs, they can find out who it is anyway without you telling them and may do so since this public post has alerted them.

I don't mind admins. It's the normal members I'm protecting name from.

Good, they'll see the full context. They were being mean, so I pm them something mean back. Then when I decided I should ease up & leave them alone they tell me to "f***k off". I'm so offended by that ! It makes me want to annoy them again.

I tried being the bigger man, but if they want to be sensitive and immature, I'll be immature too. Plus, it made me cry and I want everyone to see why I'm so sad. ( ц︵ц)
    Sebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 7, 2020
    This is why we all need to move on. You want to report them? Then do it. We don't need this kind of pathetic behavior in these forums. You're doing nothing but garnering attention for yourself.

Just do it and get it over with. You have my blessing. :|
    GretaWolfsinger
  • КалашниковКалашников
    This is why we all need to move on. You want to report them? Then do it. We don't need this kind of pathetic behavior in these forums. You're doing nothing but garnering attention for yourself.

Just do it and get it over with. You have my blessing. :|

Why do you care so much? It has nothing to do with you. lol

You use "we" a lot like you own the place, speak for yourself. I'd like to be pathetic and wallow in self pity until this thread's inevitable lock/deletion.

I have your blessing? Who are you, the godfather? The person said I could do whatever I want, so that's what I'm doing.
    Sebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You're a piece of work. Lol.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    This being a rather uncommon word may warrant a slight clarification as to its meaning. I made a mistake in an old e-mail before where I used the word communiqué as-if its definition were synonymous with message/communication before I decided to look-up communiqué & found its full-context definition.

For now we will just stick with the Cambridge Oxford-Dictionary entry...:
    «an official piece of news or an announcement, especially to the public or newspapers:
    The palace has issued a communiqué denying the rumour.»

So something like an «Open Letter» would be an example of a Communiqué but private-correspondence between two people would not (necessarily).
    their initial communique
This discussion has been closed.