Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

More Customer Service and Forum staff?

YuenSanYuenSan
Mabinogi Rep: 750
edited May 5, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
So I just found out today that my old guild leader who played Mabinogi years ago back when the Fighter talent was new lost her account because it was hacked and she quit because of a comment Customer Service said to "please submit a ticket with her account" That sounded so ridiculous so I think they need better/more customer service as well as more people (not just CM Kyros) interacting with the people in the Support threads of the forums. It might even give them bonus points if they did stuff in the other thread categories as well.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I think customer service has considerably improved since Fighter.
    It hasn't remained stagnant over the years. I long time has passed since then.

As for interaction on the forums, CMs are not on them 24/7. They have other work at the company to do.

They have replied to bugs/glitches when an issue was verified and sent to be fixed.

As for support, it's really difficult for them to answer many of the questions and issues that are asked/presented because they aren't clear or out of their jurisdiction. For example, an issue such as the client failing to start because an antivirus program is blocking it. That's out of their jurisdiction for customer service, because they can only help out if it's an issue with their game, not another software owned by someone else.

Also, many answers are actually available in the FAQs and I think the updated version of FAQs is much more clearer.

Also, to get better customer service, remember who you interact with in a ticket are real people, and the more clarity of your issue that is presented, the better they can help. Also, treat them with respect and gratitude and in turn, they will do their best to resolve the issue.
    CMKyriosLeinei
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 7, 2020
    As for interaction on the forums, CMs are not on them 24/7. They have other work at the company to do.

That's why we have 4 VFM's. But still, they somehow can't do good moderation on half-dead forums. We don't really have CM now since Katherz is away for some time, but i agree that CM should make more events and such in these forums. I agree that GM's can't help/moderate forums a lot, but i guess that's why we have Customer Service for.
    Greta wrote: »

That's why we have 4 VFM's. But still, they somehow can't do good moderation on half-dead forums.

Yeah, volunteers are just volunteers. They don't get paid to moderate the forums and are not official staff, so them not showing up a lot of times these days cannot be helped. They're also real people who have lives of their own as well.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 7, 2020

That's why we have 4 VFM's. But still, they somehow can't do good moderation on half-dead forums.

Yeah, volunteers are just volunteers. They don't get paid to moderate the forums and are not official staff, so them not showing up a lot of times these days cannot be helped. They're also real people who have lives of their own as well.

I'm still wondering what are requirements to be a VFM. If they try to pick responsible ones then i can surely say that they need to change at least one.

I'm still wondering what are requirements to be a VFM. If they try to pick responsible ones then i can surely say that they need to change at least one.

Beats me. I think a number of VFMs at the time were actually pretty decent choices, but when they have to prioritize their life commitments, we see them disappear.

I wonder if they communicate with Nexon staff on if they are having difficulty fulfilling their role though.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    edited May 7, 2020
    YuenSan wrote: »
    So I just found out today that my old guild leader who played Mabinogi years ago back when the Fighter talent was new lost her account because it was hacked and she quit because of a comment Customer Service said to "please submit a ticket with her account" That sounded so ridiculous so I think they need better/more customer service as well as more people (not just CM Kyros) interacting with the people in the Support threads of the forums. It might even give them bonus points if they did stuff in the other thread categories as well.

The support staff does handle account recoveries. I'm not sure of the context of the message your friend received since, well we can't see it, but in these cases what they can do is create a secondary account to submit a ticket on the behalf of the account that they're trying to recover. That article says it's for when you forgot your e-mail address but the steps outlined work for this purpose as well.

Bare in mind though that there's no guarantee it'll work though since our team may not have records from back then to verify (since you mentioned 5 years ago). They'll do what they can though.
    Leinei
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Superficially it is absurd sounding and given the time when it occurred, understandable. Back then, though, most folks were under the mistaken belief that we were only allowed to have one account; we're allowed to have more than one. Were that the case then the apparent absurdity of the reply is understandable. Support tickets are the ultimate way to go when you need help. Having all or part of the support team constantly monitoring the forums would add cost for Nexon NA. But the forums, as they are now are still useful. Nearly every issue you could possibly launch a ticket for, has already been experienced by someone else. Maybe they figured it out themselves or tech support walked them through it. Often their experience ends up here. So, you can check here first to see what other folks have done. If you are still stymied THEN you make a ticket. In a sense the community itself if is tier zero support, and that only costs Nexon the cost to maintain these forums.

As for site staff seeming to be absent until there is a problem, that can lead to bad optics, no question about it, but they do post casually from time to time. Remember, they are all volunteers, and being a moderator here is lower down their personal priority lists. This is why we have a dozen or so moderators.
    CMKyrios
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 7, 2020
    That was back then. Things are really different now. If your friend is still interested they should have better chances of recovering their account now. Staff are way less belligerent and more understanding.
  • YuenSanYuenSan
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Crims wrote: »
    That was back then. Things are really different now. If your friend is still interested they should have better chances of recovering their account now. Staff are way less belligerent and more understanding.

Maybe...but even if CS has changed, I'm not going to force them to come back.
  • HelsaHelsa
    At the end of the day, staff CAN give the account back; they just edit the database directly if they must. The trick is that one must prove that they are the owner of it, and that's "beyond the shadow of a doubt", otherwise staff doesn't know if you're just a hacker using social engineering.
    CMKyrios
    Crims wrote: »

Maybe...but even if CS has changed, I'm not going to force them to come back.

Well, in the end it will be their choice if they want to come back, then it would be courtesy to direct them to the necessary resources, especially if they want to recover their old account from way back.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    CMKyrios wrote: »

The support staff does handle account recoveries. I'm not sure of the context of the message your friend received since, well we can't see it, but in these cases what they can do is create a secondary account to submit a ticket on the behalf of the account that they're trying to recover. That article says it's for when you forgot your e-mail address but the steps outlined work for this purpose as well.

The same thing happened to me in G9, though it wasn't hacking, but a bug in the game. I created another account and submitted a ticket stating that my primary account could not log in due to a KNOWN bug. The reply I got was "Please log into the account that is experiencing the issue." A few additional attempts to receive help failed in a similar manner. I was so upset, I didn't play Mabinogi for about 3 years, and when I eventually returned, I no longer purchased NX as I had before the incident. To this day I haven't recovered that old old account, and by now, I've forgotten the email address used to create it. (It was a Beta Tester by the name of Sloth.)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Timefall wrote: »

The same thing happened to me in G9, though it wasn't hacking, but a bug in the game. I created another account and submitted a ticket stating that my primary account could not log in due to a KNOWN bug. The reply I got was "Please log into the account that is experiencing the issue." A few additional attempts to receive help failed in a similar manner. I was so upset, I didn't play Mabinogi for about 3 years, and when I eventually returned, I no longer purchased NX as I had before the incident. To this day I haven't recovered that old old account, and by now, I've forgotten the email address used to create it. (It was a Beta Tester by the name of Sloth.)

Oh man! That's awful. By any chance was it an auto-reply?
    Helsa wrote: »

Just curious, have you attempted to see if CS can access that old account again? It's worth a try?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Helsa wrote: »

Just curious, have you attempted to see if CS can access that old account again? It's worth a try?

As long as they can identify the account, of course they can. Although, wasn't it the case that during the merge they did some purposeful deletions; or maybe I'm remembering that wrong?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

You should've seen customer support at the beginning: tickets took years to answer (yes, I mean that literally), only to change nothing.

CS is much better, now.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited May 20, 2020
    I will say that customer service has gotten better over the years. That said, there are still plenty of improvements that need to be made. Used to be that they would just tell me "Sorry but there's nothing we can do" every time I went to them. These days, they still use the copy and pasted "Sorry" responses which is REALLY aggravating, but they at least try to help you fix the problem. Only thing I will say is that sometimes you have to get forceful when you want a problem solved, or they will try and sideline your problem, or suggest a solution that obviously doesn't work. You also gotta be ready because I think most of them don't speak English. Not like they just don't understand, but like none of them speak English as their first language and use a bad Google Translater to communicate with people.