Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It's about time for another Potion fishing event

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited May 9, 2020 in General Chat
Because I'm down to the my last 16 Tin potions.
It's a good thing I horded like I did during the last event.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We need rebirth potions. They are like 20m+ on the market. That's ridiculous.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Dam... I got so much untradeable Rebirth potions and i don't see the point of using them lol... I don't use Tin Potions either, i think i had few in Bank, no idea...
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Crims wrote: »

Really?.....dang, I've still got a bunch that I CAN'T TRADE SO THEY'VE JUST BEEN TAKING UP SPACE IN STORAGE-
    Radiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 9, 2020
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Really?.....dang, I've still got a bunch that I CAN'T TRADE SO THEY'VE JUST BEEN TAKING UP SPACE IN STORAGE-

Dude same. I also have like ~12 Rebirth potions, 11 Enchant Protection potions, ~3 Repair Protection potions... I have done some hoarding. :D Not even talking about how much i hoarded other things.
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You know what you guys should do?

USE THEM.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 9, 2020

USE THEM.

For what? We already can rebirth pretty often, i don't see the point of seeing Nao every day... Unless if i liked to look at her "chest" that everyone treasures for so many years then maybe i would rebirth every day... ;)
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I've still got about 3 years worth of tin pots and about 20k potions left from the original fishing event WAAAY back in 2012! It's okay though, I'll use 'em, I will. Waste not want not; right?
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

USE THEM.

When I ever actually have a reason to, sure.
    Building up so I can solo Phantasm is still a goal but its a bucket list goal right now. Too busy irl to do more than rush my dailies through and then maybe leave things afk if it doesn't kill my computer to do so XP
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I must of been lucky buying a rebirth potion for 5mil instead of 20mil huh.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    A fishing event would need to contain '500' potions to be enjoyable. The '300' potions have become worthless ever since they changed the recipe.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Timefall wrote: »
    A fishing event would need to contain '500' potions to be enjoyable. The '300' potions have become worthless ever since they changed the recipe.

RIP 10 pots.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505

RIP 10 pots.

Ah, what I meant is, in past events I would buy up stacks of '300' potions for 20k-30k per stack. Fragmenting a full stack would give sbout 10-15 Four-Leaf Clovers, and 10-15 Bottled Water, which I would then craft directly into about 30 Good Luck Potions. (Grandmaster Apothecary bonus). About 10% of Good Luck Potions produce a complete glowing statue, which sell for 300k-1m each, so for each stack of '300' potions that I bought for 30k, I'd pull in about 2m in profit (plus tons of adv dungeon passes).

Now that the recipe doesn't use clovers anymore, this doesn't work. All ya get is lotsa bottled water.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

RIP 10 pots.

Ah, what I meant is, in past events I would buy up stacks of '300' potions for 20k-30k per stack. Fragmenting a full stack would give sbout 10-15 Four-Leaf Clovers, and 10-15 Bottled Water, which I would then craft directly into about 30 Good Luck Potions. (Grandmaster Apothecary bonus). About 10% of Good Luck Potions produce a complete glowing statue, which sell for 300k-1m each, so for each stack of '300' potions that I bought for 30k, I'd pull in about 2m in profit (plus tons of adv dungeon passes).

Now that the recipe doesn't use clovers anymore, this doesn't work. All ya get is lotsa bottled water.

I think the server merge also helped lower the value of the pots because so many people make them now.