Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Kyururu Defense Minigame

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I'm debating if I'm gonna actually bother, at this point. I just don't have the time, interest or patience
    But I feel like, knowing myself, I'm going to make a last-ditch effort on like the last day or something XDD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I'm debating if I'm gonna actually bother, at this point. I just don't have the time, interest or patience
    But I feel like, knowing myself, I'm going to make a last-ditch effort on like the last day or something XDD

You gotta hit the sweet spot. Get all up in that middle.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

You gotta hit the sweet spot. Get all up in that middle.

Timing the usage of gold to upgrade is important, take too long and the next wave is upon you.
    Wolfsinger
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

Timing the usage of gold to upgrade is important, take too long and the next wave is upon you.

Mash that Spacebar to speed along the text after you do an upgrade. At least that kinda helps...

But you don't even need r1 Windmill if you've buffed up Strength enough and grabbed Movement pots. Rank 5 totally makes the cut. (and by now everyone should have the Kemono skills at their strongest anyway...)

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I haven't participated at all. I missed any description of obtaining new skills in the event description; I guess I skimmed too quickly. Oopsies! Are these skills usable outside the event quests? Will they remain after the event ends?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »
    I haven't participated at all. I missed any description of obtaining new skills in the event description; I guess I skimmed too quickly. Oopsies! Are these skills usable outside the event quests? Will they remain after the event ends?

No. Only usable in event in RP mission.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »

Ačiū! XD
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Ačiū! XD

No problem.

That honestly surprised me as hell.
  • HelsaHelsa

Ačiū! XD

No problem.

That honestly surprised me as hell.

<Helsa squeals with delight like a school-girl on her birthday>
    I finally finished on Sunday, pure focus on it. Avoid all distractions. Also did it from a desk instead this time.
    In one of the final waves I spent too long increasing strength and the wave ended up tearing through my ice minefield and I was left with only 4 HP. Luckily, I got to the final wave early and was able to beat all the slimes before the tractor. I ended up using R2 windmill with the attack boost skill and it was a 2 hit kill still on the tractor.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Next time I'll be sure to make some sort of tutorial-video(s) on these Events after I've figured them out; had no idea that so many people would have as much trouble as they did with these events... especially given how much more knowledgeable some of them are about Mabinogi than I.

Well, actually, I guess we still have this final day, don't we, and I can always re-enter as often as I want... alright... decided !
    (Once I last-minute finish a bunches of my other dailies first of course before the reset-time...)
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Next time I'll be sure to make some sort of tutorial-video(s) on these Events after I've figured them out; had no idea that so many people would have as much trouble as they did with these events... especially given how much more knowledgeable some of them are about Mabinogi than I.

Well, actually, I guess we still have this final day, don't we, and I can always re-enter as often as I want... alright... decided !
    (Once I last-minute finish a bunches of my other dailies first of course before the reset-time...)

I don't a see a reason to go another 15 rounds unless you are recording and want to beat your previous time(s).
    I actually did yesterday's longer than I intended because I accidentally beat the first tractor.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited May 13, 2020
    to tell the truth I GAVE UP ON THIS
    I realized im not really interested in the title and its more like im just doing all of this out of hate
    I hate the fact that im not good with RP missions, I hate the fact that Im not goot with defending type missions
    I hate that fact that I cant get past the second tractor, I hate the fact that the waves would start even if im still modifying my stats and I hate the fact that I only realized that on the last week of the event, that the real reason why I cant get past the second tractor was because I'm busy spending all the gold I got from killing the first tractor on stats.
    shouldn't it automatically stop once the enemies start attacking?

yep Im stupid might give it one last try now but I doubt I'll succeed
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    I realized im not really interested in the title and its more like im just doing all of this out of hate
    I hate the fact that im not good with RP missions, I hate the fact that Im not goot with defending type missions
    I hate that fact that I cant get past the second tractor, I hate the fact that the waves would start even if im still modifying my stats and I hate the fact that I only realized that on the last week of the event, that the real reason why I cant get past the second tractor was because I'm busy spending all the gold I got from killing the first tractor on stats.

How'd you do?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

How'd you do?

Personally, I decided not to XP

How'd you do?

Did you make it to Filia though?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

How'd you do?

Got pretty darn close, I think. After the first attempt where I somehow turned myself around XDD
    Kensamaofmari

How'd you do?

Got pretty darn close, I think. After the first attempt where I somehow turned myself around XDD

Yes one can easily get lost in a desert without a map.
    Wolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I went another 15 rounds for the sake of getting a bit more practice in video-editing and creating video-tutorials.
    Although I was not able to complete it in time before maintenance occurred and thus not before the event came to an end.
    (Part of the reason being that I was sick with indigestion due to eating too much yesterday so was out-of-commission for the day)
    Not only that, when I attempted to upload to BitChute, for some reason it seems to be stuck on video-processing status (link in spoiler). Then I decided to look for alternative video-uploading sites as another platform to publish instead of using any of my own web-site domains.
    Decided upon MetaCafé in the end which looks decent but my first initial upload got stuck at 52% so I re-attempted another upload.
    I also attempted a second upload of the tutorial-video on BitChute but for some reason the result on BitChute is still the same...
    Anyway, the one from MetaCafé uploaded, but is marked as inactive, even though I can view it if logged in...
    https://www.metacafe.com/watch/12072676/mabinogi-kyururu-defense-mini-game-tutorial/
    ...I guess I have to wait for some sort of Moderator to approve it before it actually becomes active for everyone to see.
    In the end, although I prefer to change things up and not have everything go onto YouTube, I was compelled to YouTube it after all:
    Habimaru wrote: »

I don't a see a reason to go another 15 rounds unless you are recording and want to beat your previous time(s).
    I actually did yesterday's longer than I intended because I accidentally beat the first tractor.
    Kensamaofmari