Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Came back after 4 years - Why is my name messed up

wifimanwifiman
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in General Chat
My name used to be "Medic". I got this name way back in beta. Why is it now Medic + Tarlach? I assume because of the server merge, but I can't even get "Medic" back with my free name change because it's now taken. What are my options? Can I get my old name back?

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    No.
    Your choices are to either choose a new name or keep the +Tarlach tag.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    wifiman wrote: »
    My name used to be "Medic". I got this name way back in beta. Why is it now Medic + Tarlach? I assume because of the server merge, but I can't even get "Medic" back with my free name change because it's now taken. What are my options? Can I get my old name back?

The 3 servers of Mari, Tarlach, Ruairi have merged together as Nao Server as of June 2019. In order to differentiate people who have duplicate names on these former servers, a + server tag was added to each character. Every account had/has 1 free name change to change the name of any of their playable characters based on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunately, since it's been almost a year since the changes, very commonly used names such as yours would have already been taken by someone who had the same name on another server. Your only options, unfortunately are to either keep the one with the former server tag or you can use your 1 free name change to make something creative.

There were plans for a paid name change coupon in the webshop, but due to severe glitches caused, it was postponed indefinitely.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Rename as Paramedic. Or other synonym.

Problem solved.
    CrimsọnWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 13, 2020
    JJ wrote: »
    No.

I don't advise keeping your your old name because guilds will not accept you. Having a name with +server glitches guilds making it impossible to leave and for them to remove you.

No, they still have not fixed this.
    It's been a year...
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    If it makes the situation less upsetting, there's a small chance that the person who took "Medic" was the Medic of Mari or the Medic of Rauiri, the other two rightful heirs.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    wifiman wrote: »

If it must be Medic you have two options: (1) find who owns the name and pay them to change it (2) hope that Nexon changes how the game works so any multiple of the same name is allowed.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    well u can change it to "mehdic" u can read it the same way anyway but if its still not available u can change "c" to "k"

but seriously I just realized while writing the c and k part the name could be read as meh di** now
    so I guess u shouldn't follow my suggestion but if ur someone with a great sense of humor JUST DO IT

im going to leave my comment here for thee laughs
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 13, 2020
    @wifiman
    I mean someone took my old ign, it's a bot owned by someone who probably thinks they are being clever and doing me a disservice. Little did they know that I wanted the name taken and buried. lol. I ended up with the name I originally wanted when I first started playing 12 years ago, Crimson. I live up to that name every day. =P

Medic is an awesome name and I mourn your loss right there with you. Perhaps you can figure out a variation in honor of it that has not been taken. You could try Asclepius or Hepius which is the god of medicine.

Medicinal is not taken, try that. ^_^
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    In the US Army Medic is the shortening of the term. The full term is Combat Medic. That even fits.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Or try the Latin root, medicus.
    Or if you want some flare, Medici.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Crims wrote: »
    No.

I don't advise keeping your your old name because guilds will not accept you. Having a name with +server glitches guilds making it impossible to leave and for them to remove you.

It's been a year...

You say that like it's something new. There's glitches that have been in the game for 5+ years that Nexon knows about and does absolutely nothing about. Fixing that glitch would require actual work and actual game design that Nexon and Devcat have completely forgotten how to do.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited May 17, 2020
    Squee wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    No.

It's been a year...

You say that like it's something new. There's glitches that have been in the game for 5+ years that Nexon knows about and does absolutely nothing about. Fixing that glitch would require actual work and actual game design that Nexon and Devcat have completely forgotten how to do.

There are bugs/glitches that have been in the game since '08. A good portion of them are of now obsolete content, but I assume the coding is still there.

Also, I think I met a "Medic" on Tarlach long ago....