Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Willing To Spend Money

ShakoaShakoa
Mabinogi Rep: 730
in Item/Premium Shop
I feel like Mabi has really come away from being pay to win, but I have to say, there's a big market Nexon should jump on, and I know I would drop some cash on it:

AP Pots. I actually really want to buy AP potions. There's nothing worse than being so close to finishing out stats and then not having that 70 AP for that r1 skill. :(
sinthya5345DrunkenSheepsLialin

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Forgetful Potions and Rebirth Potions are basically AP potions. Takes maybe 1 hour total to get from level 1 to 150 these days. You also have the option of buying them from Auction House when they're not available from cash shop.
  • sinthya5345sinthya5345
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    I agree. AP potions would be cool. But I think it would take away from peope trying to RB so much lol. It may give too much of an advantage to PTW.. which this game is still very much so PTW.
    MugendoLialin
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There was a time when people complained about having too much AP. Not a lot of people, just a few.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    There was a time when people complained about having too much AP. Not a lot of people, just a few.

I have too much ap now.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

I have too much ap now.

I surpassed 20k AP a couple months ago, Even if I decided to liberally use them ranking up skills, I believe I would still have some left over.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Do you level exploration experience. That can add up to 50 AP/rebirth and there's the two daily shadow missions, that's 90ish AP/month
    Kensamaofmari
  • MugendoMugendo
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    it definetly would make things easier for mid level players who at level 1 after rb i pref being lvl 200 havent spent a single dollar in the 4-5 years i been playing, been waiting to see if they were to ever open up old gachas and put items up on the shop i already am kinda against playing super tight rngy games much less buying into things that are 100% RNG u could buy 100 gachas and never end up with a specific item u wanted or even enough stuff worth enough to sell for it. but for cashing in some quick ap it would definetly help up those who are lazy and wanna ap train skills. :D
  • DrunkenSheepsDrunkenSheeps
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Shakoa wrote: »
    I feel like Mabi has really come away from being pay to win, but I have to say, there's a big market Nexon should jump on, and I know I would drop some cash on it:

AP Pots. I actually really want to buy AP potions. There's nothing worse than being so close to finishing out stats and then not having that 70 AP for that r1 skill. :(

Yaknow what I'm on board with this...Even if you're a newbie starting out you can still free-to-play get ap through Blaanid memory quests and legit levels...I mean sure it is pretty "free-to-play" concept right now but it could help out alot for people to be able to buy ap for better progression however it would also make the game less worth the wait and achievement...I'd be ok with it but people would lose interest in the game itself and wouldn't want to grind anymore or even craft for that matter. I'm actually glad I'm still rF on many skills cuz then I get to find out what it has for me later :)
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited July 1, 2021
    We've come full circle on "P2W," it seems. :joy:

We can already buy AP. They have the occasional package sales that include Rebirth Potions and Forgetfuls as well as orange prisms and those new Baltane passes. You can buy these items as well with the gold currency.
    I'd consider looking into content or achievements that award AP, such reaching "Expert" level in a talent to get 230 bonus AP throughout the process to touching milestones leading up to and including Expert.

Details here. Scroll to the "Talent Levels" section. There are 22 talents, so that's up to unclaimed 5060 AP just sitting around. You can earn AP from baltane mission reward chests (5-10 AP per mission, depending on difficulty). You can earn AP by doing Dungeon Guide tasks. Blaanid hands you 10,000 AP just for doing her questline (rebirth after every quest, if you're AP farming and not skill training). That's 15k AP minimum just for starting the game and training some skills.

You'll have to be a bit conservative with your AP usage and refrain from AP training; this AP training system is why they're scarce on AP dividends: you'd just buy the AP, then AP train your way to power and go into content with zero experience or knowledge in what anything does and your stay would just be cut shorter than the typical average player's.