Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Substation power suppression [A Guide]

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited May 18, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Guys, where did girlfriend thread go? I'm pretty sure it's gone.

It was shooed under a rug, swept out the door, and then hidden in your sock drawer in a last ditch effort.

Why did this sound kinda passive aggressive?

Wasn't meant to be, but looking back at it I can kinda see how it might be taken that way. Yesterday was a bit of a....difficult day as well, so I guess some of the stress might have spilled out, but it was meant in humor I promise.

The last week of my wacky schedule of Finals is upon me, and the worst of it is here so I'm dealing with it by using what little humor I have left. I legitimately low-key wanna die -.-"
    Not permanently, mind you, I just really want some sleep xD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Guys, where did girlfriend thread go? I'm pretty sure it's gone.

It was shooed under a rug, swept out the door, and then hidden in your sock drawer in a last ditch effort.

Why did this sound kinda passive aggressive?

Wasn't meant to be, but looking back at it I can kinda see how it might be taken that way. Yesterday was a bit of a....difficult day as well, so I guess some of the stress might have spilled out, but it was meant in humor I promise.

The last week of my wacky schedule of Finals is upon me, and the worst of it is here so I'm dealing with it by using what little humor I have left. I legitimately low-key wanna die -.-"

It's okay, but go get some sleep xD
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

What subject?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    It's okay, but go get some sleep xD

The funny thing is, I did, and then woke up feeling like I got none at all XDD
    Which is basically my luck and my life. Least I'm ALMOST through this, cause I'm personally through with this XD I'm going to hibernate for a week when this semester's over!
    Helsa wrote: »
    What subject?

Pre-cal now, separate quiz and two tests crammed together in a VERY short period of time. Prolly my weakest subject, math was never something I was good at, but at least my teacher's been great even with having to move to online. Which is a blessing on its own, I've been hearing horror stories from one of my friends in a different school about how awful her teachers have been xD
    Apparently the myth still persists that "because you're at home 24/7 you've got ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to do everything RIGHT NOW!" which....as someone who was home-schooled, I can assure you, you don't. XD
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    edited June 5, 2020
    ag6z80V.jpg
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 18, 2020
    What subject?

Pre-cal now, separate quiz and two tests crammed together in a VERY short period of time. Prolly my weakest subject, math was never something I was good at, but at least my teacher's been great even with having to move to online. Which is a blessing on its own, I've been hearing horror stories from one of my friends in a different school about how awful her teachers have been xD
    Apparently the myth still persists that "because you're at home 24/7 you've got ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to do everything RIGHT NOW!" which....as someone who was home-schooled, I can assure you, you don't. XD

Pre? Calculus? What kind of concepts are those?

The trick to Calculus is to not let it intimidate you. Derivatives of one variable, can literally be calculated by a machine. It's just apply rules and nothing more; it really is easy peasy. Integrals, on the other hand, require a certain amount of intuition and practise to recognize the forms. They are harder but doable. As for differential equations . . .
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

The trick to Calculus is to not let it intimidate you. Derivatives of one variable, can literally be calculated by a machine. It's just apply rules and nothing more; it really is easy peasy. Integrals, on the other hand, require a certain amount of intuition and practise to recognize the forms. They are harder but doable. As for differential equations . . .

Best way to describe it I think is a mix of college algebra and trig, while standing on the porch of Calculus looking through the open but intimidating door XDD
    I'm GETTING most of it, its been easier to understand than Computer Programming - which I have learned to hate in a generally apathetic sort of way - but careless mistakes have always been my downfall and since we're stuck working with a nit-picky computer program for these tests, that's made it ten times harder. My odds of being able to email my professor and attempt to get mercy on some aspects of it are also pretty low, which doesn't help.
    I can at least be confident of a decent, passing grade for this class, but the knowledge that it "could have been better" just irks me XD
  • HelsaHelsa

Best way to describe it I think is a mix of college algebra and trig, while standing on the porch of Calculus looking through the open but intimidating door XDD
    I'm GETTING most of it, its been easier to understand than Computer Programming - which I have learned to hate in a generally apathetic sort of way - but careless mistakes have always been my downfall and since we're stuck working with a nit-picky computer program for these tests, that's made it ten times harder. My odds of being able to email my professor and attempt to get mercy on some aspects of it are also pretty low, which doesn't help.
    I can at least be confident of a decent, passing grade for this class, but the knowledge that it "could have been better" just irks me XD

Okay so basically grade twelve math. Does it involve anything called limits? Mathematical Induction?
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Wolf, stop playing Mabinogi and finish study

NjIHvSa.png
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited May 18, 2020

Okay so basically grade twelve math. Does it involve anything called limits? Mathematical Induction?

Nope, think that's solidly above. This next test mostly covers matrices - which are honestly more tedious and annoying than difficult.
    Trying to think what the names of some of these things are....I'm awful with remembering terms XD
    Honestly I've struggled with just about everything since Algebra so *shrugs* I've made it through mostly just by memorizing the formulas and plugging things in from there. At the very least then I can just fit the numbers in and go by rote.
    Its not intimidating so much as it continues to frustrate some part of me that just cannot understand WHY some of those things just.....ARE xD
    Wolf, stop playing Mabinogi and finish study

You can't make me-
  • HelsaHelsa
    Nope, think that's solidly above. This next test mostly covers matrices - which are honestly more tedious and annoying than difficult.
    Trying to think what the names of some of these things are....

Linear Algebra is considered pre calc? Well, when you get to vector calculus you get some operators that are matrix like. As for terms: dot product, cross product, determinant, inverse matrix; any of those ring a bell?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

Linear Algebra is considered pre calc? Well, when you get to vector calculus you get some operators that are matrix like. As for terms: dot product, cross product, determinant, inverse matrix; any of those ring a bell?

Inverse and determinant, we've been working through those. Don't recognize either of the others though.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Okay... I won't make you. School lacks a lot of practicality anyway. Nor do I believe in the «pace» that they «tread-mill» students on to not have time for anything that's actually important. People will be ready when they are ready... best way to learn to make money is to start doing it from an early age. Basically, if your activity RIGHT NOW is not generating a sale/customer for you within the next two weeks, you're losing out on revenue/profits/income/$$$/money. I don't care if it's something as basic as printing out an ad that offers to mow lawns or sweep someone's drive-way for a fixed price of only 10 cents per square foot, posting it onto bulletin-boards, placing classifieds into newspapers, etc., just make a consistent effort to generate that sale/client.

Sure, you may want to «invest» into some equipment, like a measuring tape, broom, dust-pan, garbage-bags, etc., for measuring footage, cleaning up without always relying on customer-equipment, office-equipment so that you can actually print ads for your goods/products/services/etc., depending on what method/business/service/etc of generating revenue you choose to pursue, for schools mainly only teach you how to be a corporate-slave... real entrepreneurial-spirit will teach you that amongst the most-important skill-sets you can acquire in life for self-preservation & survival are : Developing the «Investment-Eye», Cultivating a «Revenue-Generating» Mind-Set, Establishing an Excellent Work-Ethic, Professionalism, Negotiation-Skills, Asset-Preservation, etc.

You're not going to metaphorically build Rome in a Day but practicing the «practical» stuff early on in life will gain you the necessary knowledge/experience and financial-discipline needed to essentially «solve» many of your own and sometimes even others' financial-issues. Well... that would be the case if we didn't live in such a disgraceful «police-state» world where honest efforts at trying to contribute positively to society and the economy only seems to end up getting you threatened and/or arrested for the most-absurd and ridiculous reasons if you didn't some-how follow all 127345621 lines of legislation about the way you conduct business/service/negotiations to the tee. It's almost like everyone's going to be forced to become a lawyer or get screwed over by the de facto...
    You can't make me-
  • HelsaHelsa

Inverse and determinant, we've been working through those. Don't recognize either of the others though.

The other two are vector functions; vectors being one-dimensional matrices. And you are right, elementary row operations are easy. They're just book keeping; you'll do fine.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited May 19, 2020
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Okay... I won't make you. School lacks a lot of practicality anyway. Nor do I believe in the «pace» that they «tread-mill» students on to not have time for anything that's actually important. People will be ready when they are ready... best way to learn to make money is to start doing it from an early age. Basically, if your activity RIGHT NOW is not generating a sale/customer for you within the next two weeks, you're losing out on revenue/profits/income/$$$/money. I don't care if it's something as basic as printing out an ad that offers to mow lawns or sweep someone's drive-way for a fixed price of only 10 cents per square foot, posting it onto bulletin-boards, placing classifieds into newspapers, etc., just make a consistent effort to generate that sale/client.

Sure, you may want to «invest» into some equipment, like a measuring tape, broom, dust-pan, garbage-bags, etc., for measuring footage, cleaning up without always relying on customer-equipment, office-equipment so that you can actually print ads for your goods/products/services/etc., depending on what method/business/service/etc of generating revenue you choose to pursue, for schools mainly only teach you how to be a corporate-slave... real entrepreneurial-spirit will teach you that amongst the most-important skill-sets you can acquire in life for self-preservation & survival are : Developing the «Investment-Eye», Cultivating a «Revenue-Generating» Mind-Set, Establishing an Excellent Work-Ethic, Professionalism, Negotiation-Skills, Asset-Preservation, etc.

You're not going to metaphorically build Rome in a Day but practicing the «practical» stuff early on in life will gain you the necessary knowledge/experience and financial-discipline needed to essentially «solve» many of your own and sometimes even others' financial-issues. Well... that would be the case if we didn't live in such a disgraceful «police-state» world where honest efforts at trying to contribute positively to society and the economy only seems to end up getting you threatened and/or arrested for the most-absurd and ridiculous reasons if you didn't some-how follow all 127345621 lines of legislation about the way you conduct business/service/negotiations to the tee. It's almost like everyone's going to be forced to become a lawyer or get screwed over by the de facto...
    You can't make me-

....I ALMOST understand this one I think? XDD I dunno, in my ideal world I'd be settled down with a family and kids while pursuing my creative passions as my career of choice, but life, people and the economy are very much against me at the moment. Only reason I'm putting any effort into college even though I genuinely HATE studying. I like learning, but I dislike this tremendously xD
    Ah well, hopefully the investment of time and growing debts will be worth it-
    The other two are vector functions; vectors being one-dimensional matrices. And you are right, elementary row operations are easy. They're just book keeping; you'll do fine.

Hoping so, taking that test today XDD Wish me luck y'all, I'll be going out for ice cream after, whether in celebration or consolation we'll find out XDD
    Калашников
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Hmm. If I were running the world, I would make SURE that everyone was «indoctrinated» against the idea of allowing there to be such a thing as USURY in the world... although I abhor «main-stream» so-called «news» sources... this article form the NY Times was written less than a few years ago and still continues to be highly relevant even to this very day - https://nypost.com/2017/04/05/the-college-scam-how-boomers-betrayed-millennials/
    Ah well, hopefully the investment of time and growing debts will be worth it-
    I have a lot I could say about joining the ranks of the world's most-literate burger-flippers but I'll just put this here for now.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    0Stqxz6.jpg