Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cotton Candy Sheep Event! 5/14/20-6/4/20

Comments

• FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    edited May 16, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    I think it sucks for Nao people then. Because i haven't seen any issues killing few wolves to get done with this event in Alexina. This event is easier than Kemono Friends or even Harmon's Flower Tree one.
    I also didn't say that not doing the event means dropping this game altogether. I hate newest generation. Guess what? I'm ignoring it, but i'm still playing this game in my own way. I do what i like. So i suggest to be like me. Hate the event? Ignore it. I ignored the "Is This Your Legendary Weapon?" event because that one also asked you to stay on specific times and just continue standing there empty handed for hours. Where were you when this event happened? Why i didn't see your complains then? This event in my opinion is worst of all events we ever had because some people won and other 99% are left to watch and sigh.

Nope. I called out the ITYI event too. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/146370/#Comment_146370

Just because I don't go on rants and rants over and over in the forums doesn't mean I'm not upset.

You're using the "It's not as bad as X" argument. We had better events, they're getting worse and will continue to get worse.

I'll repeat myself again. This is just a reskined Mushmom event, except the rewards are limited, we can fail via RNG, the items are deleted each down, and you get them every hour instead of fifteen minutes. Not counting the RP mission which actually was fun.

Ignoring bad events is not mutually exclusive with calling them out.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Thing is, they're holding events like these to pad out their numbers, but if the events are just bad then the opposite happens - people skip it and don't bother logging in at all.

So yeah people can (and should) skip it because it's rubbish, but this kind of discussion and feedback is also important so that Nexon understands why their great ploy to boost numbers isn't working.

Skip the event, but make sure you complain loudly while you do it, so that they don't throw this kind of miserable nonsense at us again.
    Previous events of this format did not remove extra food every day, and on top of that, they've been moving back towards events with very few extra days so you can't afford to miss any. I would rather pay cash for the big fat sheep than spend the time playing this event.
    WolfsingerFOXAssassinKalulah
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nexon been doing these similar patterned events for years, but i guess people realized it just now.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Nexon been doing these similar patterned events for years, but i guess people realized it just now.

Maybe like people are reaching their limit point.

I miss dedicating a day to gathering event supplies for the future. Having event item disappear is certainly something new.
    FOXAssassinKalulahWolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I kind of liked the RP mission, though I guess it was just a basic RP deal.
    The sheep could at least deal a decent amount of damage, even if it couldn't take much punishment.
    I can't tell if the size of your sheep actually translates into the RP, but there's two more weekends to the event to be able to check at least.
    It'd be neat, since it'd be following on the heels of the Japari event RP where that kind of thing was the case, at least in the respect of the Friend RP skills.
    FOXAssassinWolfsingerKalulah
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I kind of liked the RP mission, though I guess it was just a basic RP deal.
    The sheep could at least deal a decent amount of damage, even if it couldn't take much punishment.
    I can't tell if the size of your sheep actually translates into the RP, but there's two more weekends to the event to be able to check at least.
    It'd be neat, since it'd be following on the heels of the Japari event RP where that kind of thing was the case, at least in the respect of the Friend RP skills.

Oh man, that would be cool. I also enjoyed RP mission, it somehow reminded me of RP's in old generations, where you only have few combat skills. The only difference was that sheep didn't have squishy defense as i was expecting. It took some time to defeat wolves, but it still was fun to me.
    IyasenuWolfsinger
  • KalulahKalulah
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    The RP mission is probably the only good thing about this event. Well, and getting a pet out of it (assuming you manage to reach 500cm before it ends). It was unexpectedly pleasant. Personally, when it comes to combat-oriented things, I'd prefer more things like it. Where watching and paying attention to skills is a lot more important than just out-DPS'ing something. It felt completely fair. As long as you understood the skills and when to use them, you could do it just fine. No extreme multi-aggro or long range / instant aggro like modern content. And yet, because of the low health of the sheep, you still couldn't overly take too many hits. Which is fine. The wolves didn't do extremely high damage. It's actually fair for once.

It doesn't really make up for how the rest of the event was handled, but at least it was something that was actually enjoyable for once.
    FOXAssassinКалашниковWolfsinger
  • КалашниковКалашников
    So how big is your sheep now?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    So how big is your sheep now?

over 150cm. I forget the exacts, I wasn't paying much attention today.
    Калашников
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Ah, mine is around 150, too. Need to keep up this pace for 2 more weeks, but I missed a few feedings !
    JB9s0uz.gif
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 21, 2020
    -snip-

• КалашниковКалашников
    You guys know the glitch of this event? Thanks to that you can feed your sheep 12 times a day. My sheep is nearly 300cm, but i missed few days because i learned about it later. ;)

A5p8wzH.png
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 21, 2020
    Really? Everyone knows about it, read bugs and glitches category more often. It's Nexon's fault for failing to code the event properly.

You are a pity person. You dare to report me over what i said that some of us might be doing while you openly glitched forum avatars for weeks until Nexon finally fixed it because of ONE guy.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23026/fwd-cotton-candy-sheep-able-to-use-extra-snacks
    FOXAssassin
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Really? Everyone knows about it, read bugs and glitches category more often. It's Nexon's fault for failing to code the event properly.

You are a pity person. You dare to report me over what i said that some of us might be doing while you openly glitched forum avatars for weeks until Nexon finally fixed it because of ONE guy.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23026/fwd-cotton-candy-sheep-able-to-use-extra-snacks

You knew about it from the bug report, and did it anyways even knowing it was an officially recognized exploit?
    Don't do that...

Exploiting an event's reward mechanics can get you banned, even if you don't make a post on the forums saying you're doing it.
    At least that's how it happened back during that Liar Game Event.
    You can get the sheep whistle by feeding your daily 6 if you feed every day, but don't jeopardize your entire account just for some extra gift boxes each day...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Don't worry about it Greta. We've seen this before, and nothing happened because site staff is fully aware of what is really going on here.
    FOXAssassinWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    I'm so done with this. People talking about this every day casually in Discord and i can't even inform others about it.
    FOXAssassinWolfsinger
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 21, 2020
    This event is easy as HELL. you don't even have to kill the wolves yourself, just get an AOE pet hit on all them, just a single hit and you'll get snacks when someone ELSE kills them. PILES of snacks at your feet for simply summoning a pet and playing dead. If no one else is around to kill them for you, then lure one away from the pack with a ranged weapon. You get like 2-6 snacks per kill so you only need to kill or get hits on 1-3 wolves. Why is anyone even thinking of complaining about this event?
    GretaWolfsinger
  • КалашниковКалашников

Hey, calm down, okay
  • KalulahKalulah
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Arjune wrote: »
    This event is easy as HELL. you don't even have to kill the wolves yourself, just get an AOE pet hit on all them, just a single hit and you'll get snacks when someone ELSE kills them. PILES of snacks at your feet for simply summoning a pet and playing dead. If no one else is around to kill them for you, then lure one away from the pack with a ranged weapon. You get like 2-6 snacks per kill so you only need to kill or get hits on 1-3 wolves. Why is anyone even thinking of complaining about this event?

Because most days they die before you can even get to them. Take just a little bit ago for example. Not even 30 seconds after they spawned, they were already all gone. Because people spam AoE Chain Blade skills, FH, and Crash Shot..Please tell me how that is supposed to be fair? How is it fair that if you're so much as just 30 seconds late, you miss out on that hour's spawn? When the wolves only spawn once per hour and only in one location?

I'd let the issue with the wolf spawns go if that weren't the case. Exploits aside, you can only use a max of 6 snacks. So why are the spawns so limited? There's absolutely no reason to have the spawns so limited when you can't farm infinite snacks. And if anyone says anything about them wanting people online: they also have the Timed Item event going. There's still reason for people to be on for stupid amounts of time. Especially when you can't just kill something to make the timer go faster. This event is largely flawed.

---

The way I see it, two major things needed to be changed before they released this event:
    1) The sheep wolves need to be changed in some way. Either have them spawn in more than one location (outside of every Uladh town, like some previous events), have them spawn much more frequently (10-36 minutes as opposed to every hour), or make it to where they don't die, like the Max Rabbits. Given the theme of the sheep wanting to defeat the wolves, I imagine the first two options would be preferable.

2) Either extend the event out so we have more days to complete it (which would be preferable for people who miss some days), make the snacks give static amounts of growth instead of the RNG cm it is now, and/or increase the amount of cm each snack gives. Or just give us days where we can get special snacks that do more, like on the weekends. Just something to make this event fair. What's someone supposed to do if they participate and get 6 snacks each and every day, yet still fail to get 500cm because RNG decided they'd consistently roll low on the cm?

And no. No I don't see them changing the event now that it's already running. They didn't with the Legendary Item event, so I have doubts they would with this one. But one can hope that they'd make future events fairer to the players instead of this. If anything, though, I'm at least still glad that the RP mission was surprisingly pleasant to do. Still doesn't make up for the rest of the event, but I'll take a silver lining where I can get it.
    FOXAssassinКалашников
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You guys know the glitch of this event? Thanks to that you can feed your sheep 12 times a day. My sheep is nearly 300cm, but i missed few days because i learned about it later. ;)

A5p8wzH.png

b641174b2d99b039ca0e6899c1ac7a89.jpg
    FOXAssassinWolfsinger