Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Destroying my R6 Wing-Bow by Accident...

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
I was trying to Stone-Imbue my High-Lander Bow when, apparently, I accidentally grabbed the Wing-Bow, and this...
tLJDHvd.png
Lesson of the day : Keep your similar-looking weapons AWAY from each other in SEPARATE bags when Stone-Upgrading.
Otherwise you might grab the wrong one whilst rush-upgrading & not notice due to being distracted & cost you quite a hefty penny...

Alright, everyone, now pray to the RNG-gods for me to have some sort of amazing luck-streak to more-than-recover or make up for this... X_X
Wolfsinger

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited May 22, 2020
    Oh dang.
    nichijou-dog-gif-6.gif
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That'll learn ya for not playing your giant.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    ...especially since that was one of my Spirit-Weapons...! X_X
    Helsa wrote: »
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »
    ...especially since that was one of my Spirit-Weapons...! X_X
    Helsa wrote: »

Oh, Lord! Hm maybe more time paying attention to what your upgrading than in putting all those little fiddly bits in the bible-length posts that you are wont to do.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    They -might- restore it if you ask nicely enough. It's not a guarantee but it can't hurt to ask.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It was a spirit weapon?
    So what happened to the spirit?
    What level was it? Did it leave behind a spirit stone with memory?
    Or was it literally all evaporated?
    HelsaWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It was a spirit weapon?

Exactly! There's no hope in 7734.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    The whole entire thing got destroyed. Entirely. Absolutely NO TRACE of the Spirit-Weapon remaining anywhere. I don't remember the exact Spirit-Level that I had it at but it was either not too far behind or possibly surpassed my Spirit-Gun for a bit for which its level is currently 23.
    It was a spirit weapon?
    Crims wrote: »
    They -might- restore it if you ask nicely enough. It's not a guarantee but it can't hurt to ask.
    Ticket-Submitting was one of the first things to come to mind of course but then I also had the thought that we may sometimes just have to pay for the consequences of our actions/mistakes. Although I suppose it should be pretty obvious that the upgrade-failure was definitely accidental and requesting if it's possible to restore probably wouldn't be considered some sort of fraudulent attempt to get bailed out of trying to R7 scott-free without any risk/consequence.

I suppose I can give it a try and let it be «karmically determined» whether I just have to eat up my loss or can be alleviating of this rather «nauseating» feeling just thinking about what happened (because it really is quite nauseating to go through such an experience). Usually when I ask for restorations of some lost object, I try to be «fair» about it, and try to offer something in exchange that would/could/potentially «balance(s) out» the «recovery fee» so-to-speak. Currently as of the time of this reply post, I still have 2735 of those Soaked Red Instrument Bags, 1080 Old Fish Traps, 1940 Boy's Lost Boxes, and, believe it or not, I still even have a total of 333 of those Conqueror's Chests ranging from Chest 1 to Chest 11 (already opened & used up any Chest #12-15) back from the Cave-of-Trials (and it was thanks to this particular Wing-Bow which actually was the only reason I ever got past the Succubus-Queen stage since I was apparently too newbish to think about using Brionac)...

I would be willing to give/pay all of that in exchange for the restoration of the Spirit-Wing-Bow that I had until yesterday night/late-evening and would have no problem offering them all up as a «restoration-fee» (yes, ALL of them, each and every single last piece mentioned in the previous paragraph) and/or even done as some sort of «tribute» to be randomly allocated throughout the active server-population similarly to how those Church-Donations sometimes end up in the mail-box of some of the starting Milletian-players. I suppose we (or at least I) will see if/when I decide to get to make the request...
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    I'm really sorry that happened. Honest mistake, here's to hoping your ticket resolves nicely, if you submit one.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This is so sad. But unlikely that Nexon will help you because it was your error and not theirs...
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 23, 2020
    It is an expected possible outcome. Plus an ego is a unique object, it's not like they can send you a copy of item 15,373. On the other hand, if there are historic back-ups of the database then actually, maybe, but I doubt they'd do it. On the other hand, this is a new potential money grab for them. Pay NX, get item back from the depths of the abyss. I suspect some WOULD pay.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    This is so sad. But unlikely that Nexon will help you because it was your error and not theirs...

I remember a while back someone ate up one of their armors crafting... I think a Languhiris Armor.
    Ya'know that recipe says it takes any light armor? Well they mean it, and auto-material allocation plopped their armor into it, instead of the NPC Light Leather Armor they'd planned to use. They didn't notice in time and pop went their armor.
    They sent in a ticket and it resolved favorably... well kinda.
    They got sent a base version of the armor. I think, it was a while back, but I do remember they got at least something back.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »

I remember a while back someone ate up one of their armors crafting... I think a Languhiris Armor.
    Ya'know that recipe says it takes any light armor? Well they mean it, and auto-material allocation plopped their armor into it, instead of the NPC Light Leather Armor they'd planned to use. They didn't notice in time and pop went their armor.
    They sent in a ticket and it resolved favorably... well kinda.
    They got sent a base version of the armor. I think, it was a while back, but I do remember they got at least something back.

. . . and that is why Edern works half naked.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    r/uselessredcircle
    GretaWolfsinger
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    But wingbow and highlander look completely different

also aren't they all kinda useless bows now?

Salvation maybe okay but bhafel is pretty easy to get nowadays.
    Greta
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    The «icons» looks similar enough due to being icons and they're both shaped like bows with 4x1 size for which both of them also had similar colours so it I was not like I was grabbing a Blue-Coloured Bow then some-how «accidentally» picked up a Red-Coloured Bow; they both had similar dark-coloured themes/schemes. And how is a Wing-Bow useless when it has one of the farthest ranges and attack-speeds a bow can get ? The High-Lander also just happened to be something that I picked up one day after it dropped from one of those Ancient-Titled critters, and as I did not have any such bow yet, decided to use it as the «cheap-skate» in me hasn't exactly been shelved yet~
    Reference to being a Cheap-Skate... (this may have become a habit because of the pre-100%-repair-rate-options where equipment could end up being rendered unusable due to the eventual durability dropping down to 0/0 after enough repairs plus the fact that I didn't want to spend 100% or more of the gold that I got from missions/dungeons on repairs so yes I literally even made use of the simple Dagger as it was cheap to replace, one of the easiest weapons to prof/repair for Classic Spirit-Weapon purposes, and I was still able to get the job done since the previous versions of Mabinogi didn't require us to max out our stats and deck out our gear in the most end-game of all equipment-choices in order to complete a quest so long as we knew how to time our skills properly in order to not get hit even if we fought something as dangerous as an Ancient-Magic Shadow-Golem).
    I suppose I can look into trying to obtain a Salvation-Bow but I've been biding my time/resources in preparation to try for a Bhafel-Set.
    Nemesis wrote: »
    But wingbow and highlander look completely different

also aren't they all kinda useless bows now?

Salvation maybe okay but bhafel is pretty easy to get nowadays.
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    Wingbows are so bad so you should be happy that you blew it up so now you can get a real weapon and actually do actual damage instead of being a bot.
    Greta
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Your wing bow was R5 FYI. You failed the R6 upgrade (not R7 which requires a special stone anyway). Wing bows are garbage now and don't even get the range boost they used to get from being a spirit weapon. The HLB will be better pretty easily I'm pretty sure, though it's been a while since I touched archery.

Though the spirit and item are completely gone, there's no reason Nexon couldn't restore it if they wanted to. They've restored spirit weapons and special upgraded weapons in the past. You shouldn't feel bad for submitting a ticket, it was an accident. So many people abused the ticket system to get back special upgraded weapons that they might not oblige but it's worth a try if it's something of sentimental value (tbh I would've just nuked that bow anyway unless it was reforged or something).
    GretaWolfsingerKensamaofmariHabimaru
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    As others have pointed out, please do submit a ticket regarding this. I'm not sure to what extent customer support can assist but if there's anything they can do to help since it was a clear mistake, they will.
  • HelsaHelsa
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    As others have pointed out, please do submit a ticket regarding this. I'm not sure to what extent customer support can assist but if there's anything they can do to help since it was a clear mistake, they will.

Unless Nexon NA maintains copies of the database, going back far enough to one that might still have their ego in it so that the data can be moved over to the live one, the best you can do is give them a copy of the base weapon with 100% prof and "something for their trouble".