Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Overseas Kemono Friends event

Shiro42Shiro42
Mabinogi Rep: 760
Posts: 53
Member
edited May 22 in Content from Other Regions
Japan just started their Kemono Friends event the other day, so let's look on with jealousy at their event box rewards:

https://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/eventBoardContent.asp?ix=7692

Google Translate (with spelling/English translation consistency edits) for FRIEND Joe's Lucky Box rewards:
•Northern White-Faced Owl/Friends 2nd Title Coupon
•Eurasian Eagle Owl/Friends 2nd Title Coupon
•Northern White-Faced Owl Coat (M)
•Northern White-Faced Owl Coat (F)
•Eurasian Eagle Owl Coat (M)
•Eurasian Eagle Owl Coat (F)
•Owl Professor's Gloves (M)
•Owl Professor's Gloves (F)
•Owl Professor's Shoes (M)
•Owl Professor's Shoes (F)
•Lorna's Special Gold Coin Box (event)
•Credne's Reforging Tool (event)
•Golden Hammer of Durability
•Pan Balloon (5 times)
•Baltane Elite Mission Pass Selection Box
•Various gems (10 cm)
•Various materials
etc.

Notes:
The Credne's are not super rare
The gems include the new gems
No mention of a black bag (sad reacts only)

Personally I would have preferred this setup, if only for the Credne's and gems. Who needs Black Bags anyway, amirite?

Thoughts? Other KEMONO FRIENDS event differences from other regions that you've found?

Comments

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,225
    Posts: 6,875
    Member
    Yeah the filler items seems to be way better then what we had.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,885
    Posts: 976
    Member
    I noticed some of the event items in the coin shop are a bit more expensive then our coin shop was. maybe this was because their Friend Joe's Lucky Box rates were better or maybe they get slightly more coins from their daily quests then us idk? personally even though I know I will never get a black bag with how low the drop rates are for but I would still love to win one since I exactly 2 cells left in my inventory for it. currently using a fish bag there instead.

    not really all that surprising the Japanese Kemono Friends event may be better then the version we got. nexon KR treats every other version of mabi better then they treat us, we were the last ones to get the VIP update and it took around 3 years or more of constantly bringing it up in the forums to get it. we are just a joke to them that they treat like trash but as long as we keep paying them they eventually throw us a fish to just barely keep us coming back. mabinogi and the awesome mabi NA team is the only reason I do business with nexon at all.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Posts: 53
    Member
    edited May 22
    Yeah, each of the big rewards are 700 event coins in the Japanese version of the event; each of the bags, the Cellien costume, and the owl clothes. The quests all give the same number of coins as we got.

    Ah, but the event boxes cost the same 5 coins each.

    EDIT: Also while we're on the subject:
    • Rebirth potion 300 coins
    • 3 Nao's Soulstones 1 coin
    • Rusty Hammer of Proficiency 200 coins
    • 11 event boxes 50 coins
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,885
    Posts: 976
    Member
    I did a little research but this time into the cash shop sales for the Japanese server. it is mostly the same as what we got but I think they may have gotten a worst deal on the Japari Bus then we did. the Japari Bus whistle is in their Kemono Friends gacha boxes and they can only directly buy the Japari Tractor whistle as a separate item in the cash shop. not really sure if that is good or bad cause idk how good their gacha drop rates are compared to ours. seems like a double edged sword for them some get lucky and some don't so some of the lucky ones may save a little money this way if they planned to play the gacha from the start. personally though I am glad the Japari Bus whistle was a separate for us instead of being mixed in the gacha. we already have awful drop rates from gacha that players are tired of so even if the Japanese servers drop rates are slightly better I would prefer to just directly buy the pet instead of taking chances that could end up costing more then double what you would normally pay for directly buying the pet instead. here is their gacha: https://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/infoBoardContent.asp?st=&se=&dp=0&th=7699999&ix=7699
    Shiro42Wolfsinger
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Posts: 53
    Member
    On the other hand, they decided they didn't need to stuff the doll bags into a gacha. They're all available for individual purchase
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,885
    Posts: 976
    Member
    Shiro42 wrote: »
    On the other hand, they decided they didn't need to stuff the doll bags into a gacha. They're all available for individual purchase

    that is kind of nice they don't have to worry about a doll bag gacha. if anyone wants to keep a eye on the Japanese Kemono Friends event and know how it is going for them compared to ours read the Japanese forums: https://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/community/freeBoardList.asp?&sv=&ty=&st=&se=&p=2

    first 3 pages have random posts about the event and about 3 threads about the Japari Bus and some threads about how they feel about the anime and the crossover. google translate can make their forums readable. I thought it was interesting from the posts I have read so far, kind of fun seeing what a another mabi community talks about.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,755
    Posts: 1,750
    Member
    edited May 26
    I disagree with them treating NA unfairly compared to other servers. We're the only ones who got the Japari Bus directly buyable in the shop. There's pros and cons for each region... like how we had a directly buyable Patrasche in the Re:Zero event unlike the other regions, but because of that we had to pay almost double price for Rem and Ram and they removed their special gift boxes. There's been other times where we got completely better events or completely worse events. One I can think of where we got shafted was the Balloon event with the Union Scout items. Our Union Scout Bag (the one that goes over shoulder and gives special pose) ended up nearly non-existent... meanwhile I saw pics on twitter from KR/JP with players lined up ALL with the bag. I'm sure that's happened for them as well with different event items. Sometimes we get items in events that they have to pay for and vice versa. I also heard KR players are still begging for the Forest Ranger sets, and even if they get them they might not have stats. Our Death Herald sets were supposed to have stats after all

    Oh yeah and if the bags there cost 700 coins then yeah they couldn't buy nearly as many kyururu and kaban bag coupons as we could. I ended up buying 8 of those (4 of each) because I had gotten most of the outfits already in the Joe boxes
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,045
    Posts: 7,775
    Member
    edited May 26
    Arjune wrote: »
    I disagree with them treating NA unfairly compared to other servers. We're the only ones who got the Japari Bus directly buyable in the shop. There's pros and cons for each region... like how we had a directly buyable Patrasche in the Re:Zero event unlike the other regions, but because of that we had to pay almost double price for Rem and Ram and they removed their special gift boxes. There's been other times where we got completely better events or completely worse events. One I can think of where we got shafted was the Balloon event with the Union Scout items. Our Union Scout Bag (the one that goes over shoulder and gives special pose) ended up nearly non-existent... meanwhile I saw pics on twitter from KR/JP with players lined up ALL with the bag. I'm sure that's happened for them as well with different event items. Sometimes we get items in events that they have to pay for and vice versa. I also heard KR players are still begging for the Forest Ranger sets, and even if they get them they might not have stats. Our Death Herald sets were supposed to have stats after all

    Oh yeah and if the bags there cost 700 coins then yeah they couldn't buy nearly as many kyururu and kaban bag coupons as we could. I ended up buying 8 of those (4 of each) because I had gotten most of the outfits already in the Joe boxes

    There's also different business regulations to follow in each region and different market strategy and models in each region.
    Wolfsinger
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    I disagree with them treating NA unfairly compared to other servers. We're the only ones who got the Japari Bus directly buyable in the shop. There's pros and cons for each region... like how we had a directly buyable Patrasche in the Re:Zero event unlike the other regions, but because of that we had to pay almost double price for Rem and Ram and they removed their special gift boxes. There's been other times where we got completely better events or completely worse events. One I can think of where we got shafted was the Balloon event with the Union Scout items. Our Union Scout Bag (the one that goes over shoulder and gives special pose) ended up nearly non-existent... meanwhile I saw pics on twitter from KR/JP with players lined up ALL with the bag. I'm sure that's happened for them as well with different event items. Sometimes we get items in events that they have to pay for and vice versa. I also heard KR players are still begging for the Forest Ranger sets, and even if they get them they might not have stats. Our Death Herald sets were supposed to have stats after all

    Oh yeah and if the bags there cost 700 coins then yeah they couldn't buy nearly as many kyururu and kaban bag coupons as we could. I ended up buying 8 of those (4 of each) because I had gotten most of the outfits already in the Joe boxes

    As far as I know, nobody here was intentionally implying we're being treated unfairly. The point of this thread was to compare and discuss the differences, and state our thoughts on those differences. We've been pointing out both the pros and cons for that very reason.

    Didn't even know about the differences with the Union scout stuff; very interesting!
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Posts: 438
    Member
    is there a necessary reason why in-game stuff must be different from there?

    It's not even related to cash shop
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,755
    Posts: 1,750
    Member
    edited May 27
    Shiro42 wrote: »

    As far as I know, nobody here was intentionally implying we're being treated unfairly.
    Negumiko wrote: »
    nexon KR treats every other version of mabi better then they treat us, we were the last ones to get the VIP update and it took around 3 years or more of constantly bringing it up in the forums to get it. we are just a joke to them that they treat like trash but as long as we keep paying them they eventually throw us a fish to just barely keep us coming back. mabinogi and the awesome mabi NA team is the only reason I do business with nexon at all.


    Nani?

    56e15f04dd0e4c75a2c3e577e942210c8c9a392d_hq.jpg
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Shiro42 wrote: »

    As far as I know, nobody here was intentionally implying we're being treated unfairly.
    Negumiko wrote: »
    nexon KR treats every other version of mabi better then they treat us, we were the last ones to get the VIP update and it took around 3 years or more of constantly bringing it up in the forums to get it. we are just a joke to them that they treat like trash but as long as we keep paying them they eventually throw us a fish to just barely keep us coming back. mabinogi and the awesome mabi NA team is the only reason I do business with nexon at all.


    Nani?

    56e15f04dd0e4c75a2c3e577e942210c8c9a392d_hq.jpg
    I stand corrected

  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,030
    Posts: 114
    Member
    I'd take directly purchasable pets over better filler event items.
    Wolfsinger