Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blacklisting Someone Should Hide Party Adverts

KeiyomaKeiyoma
Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
edited May 27, 2020 in General Chat
I really hate popping onto Channel 1 to see the same modded party advert spammed five times in a row in a single chat cycle and being unable to hide it. It doesn't even disappear - these people just run it 24/7 without interruption. Much to my dismay blacklisting the person advertising for whatever reason doesn't hide it - when someone is blacklisted, I shouldn't see a singular thing from them, be it the chair they were sitting on, a post in the AH, a note, or an advert. >>

I don't have an issue with people modding their game, but I do have an issue with mods that break features in the game for someone's benefit, like uninterrupted chain advert spam.

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    It's not a mod, but an old glitch
    FluoretteCrimsọnSherriWolfsinger
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hazurah wrote: »
    It's not a mod, but an old glitch

Mhmm. Another user explained how to reproduce it in another thread, but maybe it's best not to link that.
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    You should get your facts straight before assuming someone is modding.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 27, 2020
    아이씨 wrote: »
    You should get your facts straight before assuming someone is modding.

Damn, someone is snippy today!

Not everyone is educated about mods because...not everyone mods. You are talking about a small percentage of players who actually still bothers to (despite a number of modded features that have actually been added to the game in recent years). Plus the information available is kinda obscure and hard to understand for some people. There is not really a good open network for people to ask about it. People are often a bit secretive and understandably so because there is that whole ToS thing.

:smirk:
    SherriWolfsinger
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Whether it's a glitch or mod is frankly irrelevant, point being I don't want to be seeing messages spammed over and over and have no way to block it.
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I'm assuming it still works, as I haven't logged in lately to try it, but if you go into your options menu, into the chat settings, you will find a box where you can input someone's username, and you can blacklist them that way. Pretty sure it'll hide their party ads! I'd like to know if someone can test this, I don't have time to login right at this moment to check.
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Keiyoma wrote: »
    Whether it's a glitch or mod is frankly irrelevant, point being I don't want to be seeing messages spammed over and over and have no way to block it.

I mean you're kind of doing it again? Saying things before doing your research. You can block the messages by pressing enter and switch over to the normal chat tab so you ignore party advertisements.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 27, 2020
    That doesn't really solve the problem but ok, I guess that's kind of a way to handle it if it really bothers you.

Honestly it doesn't really bother me. If it was a real serious problem it would of been addressed by now. So this issue is real low on their totem pole since it doesn't really interfere with the game that much - if at all.
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    edited May 27, 2020
    courtneyy wrote: »
    I'm assuming it still works, as I haven't logged in lately to try it, but if you go into your options menu, into the chat settings, you will find a box where you can input someone's username, and you can blacklist them that way. Pretty sure it'll hide their party ads! I'd like to know if someone can test this, I don't have time to login right at this moment to check.

It doesn't, unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.
    Keiyoma wrote: »

I mean you're kind of doing it again? Saying things before doing your research. You can block the messages by pressing enter and switch over to the normal chat tab so you ignore party advertisements.

That's about as helpful a suggestion as saying 'if you have a single issue with a game, just uninstall the game'. My interest is blocking a particular individual spamming, not absolutely every party advert scrolling by. If the existence of party adverts themselves were my problem yeah, I'd switch to normal chat. It's not. It's people spamming.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    what is the point of blacklist?
  • 아이씨아이씨
    There is no point to blacklisting a person. You can't run away from your problems no matter how much you try to hide. Just deal with it.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If party channel was defaulted to blocked, tha'd be nice. I have to keep re-blocking it every time I CC.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I think Partys should be used the proper way Enter the Dungeon Name, Enter the Dungeon Level, (Optional) Enter some Info about the party. Not used to advertise junk.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    There is no point to blacklisting a person. You can't run away from your problems no matter how much you try to hide. Just deal with it.

I don't know what goes on in your mind but blacklisting a person isn't running away from a problem, it's trying not to see spam or talk of a person who acts annoying, discriminating, or vulgar. They should have that feature on the forums as well.
    KensamaofmariKeiyomaSherri
  • KrucifixKrucifix
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Guys you can edit what you see in your normal chat window. Just deselect the party chat so it doesn't show in your normal chat window. The only way I see party chat these days is if I physically open it.
    GypsySpirit
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited May 28, 2020
    Krucifix wrote: »
    Guys you can edit what you see in your normal chat window. Just deselect the party chat so it doesn't show in your normal chat window. The only way I see party chat these days is if I physically open it.

Thats not the point, the point is stupid people making their garbage party ad repeat a million times. Thats the problem. End of story.
    Keiyoma
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mabi6 wrote: »

I don't know what goes on in your mind but blacklisting a person isn't running away from a problem, it's trying not to see spam or talk of a person who acts annoying, discriminating, or vulgar. They should have that feature on the forums as well.

The other person's comment is the very nature of online bullying.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Mabi6 wrote: »

The other person's comment is the very nature of online bullying.

Yeah it's just a f'ed up person that decided to make a new account just to troll people for attention.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • KrucifixKrucifix
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited May 29, 2020

Thats not the point, the point is stupid people making their garbage party ad repeat a million times. Thats the problem. End of story.

I'm offering a solution. You're just complaining about something you have no control over. People will do whatever they want to do. If it bothers you, then do something about it on your end. end of story.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

I'm offering a solution. You're just complaining about something you have no control over. People will do whatever they want to do. If it bothers you, then do something about it on your end. end of story.

For the most part I agree, but Nexon could make the party channel default as blocked. I set it so all the time but when I change channels, once or twice, I have to do it again.