Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blacklisting Someone Should Hide Party Adverts

Comments

• KrucifixKrucifix
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited May 29, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    Krucifix wrote: »
    Krucifix wrote: »
    Guys you can edit what you see in your normal chat window. Just deselect the party chat so it doesn't show in your normal chat window. The only way I see party chat these days is if I physically open it.

Thats not the point, the point is stupid people making their garbage party ad repeat a million times. Thats the problem. End of story.

I'm offering a solution. You're just complaining about something you have no control over. People will do whatever they want to do. If it bothers you, then do something about it on your end. end of story.

For the most part I agree, but Nexon could make the party channel default as blocked. I set it so all the time but when I change channels, once or twice, I have to do it again.

When you make changes to your game interface, sometimes physically logging out will help for it to actually save. I cced a bunch and my options didn't revert back like you're saying.

and for anyone wondering it's MENU - OPTIONS- GAME - CHAT- Under Channel Setup - Click Party - deselect (Show from default window)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What if a person wants to filter which party ads they want to see?
    Wolfsinger
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    It's not even an intended feature, so the only people that need to "do something about it" would be staff.

I doubt it would be fixed, but it's not a normal player's fault for finding it annoying.

(I'm only speaking in behalf of people like OP, it's not issue to me, but I see where they're coming from)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    What if a person wants to filter which party ads they want to see?

Answer: tough shpoopt.
    Kensamaofmari
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I think Partys should be used the proper way Enter the Dungeon Name, Enter the Dungeon Level, (Optional) Enter some Info about the party. Not used to advertise junk.

Hahahahahaha no. You realize they have been used since (probably as far back as) the game launched to advertise stuff?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I think Partys should be used the proper way Enter the Dungeon Name, Enter the Dungeon Level, (Optional) Enter some Info about the party. Not used to advertise junk.

Hahahahahaha no. You realize they have been used since (probably as far back as) the game launched to advertise stuff?
    Yup, they could of made an exclusive chat tab/party type for people to advertise but they never did so we gotta use the Dungeon parties. :p
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Yup, they could of made an exclusive chat tab/party type for people to advertise but they never did so we gotta use the Dungeon parties. :p

It's herd mentality.