Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

oh boi paid event items now

Comments

• КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    edited May 28, 2020
    People feel weird when [events] have real money usage. I just don't understand correlation between the people who are saying it's P2W and the people who want to control the market. The ones complaining seem like they prefer to have the keys drop in-game only. A person controlling the market wouldn't want this event at all

Or maybe you're going off discord, in which case I don't pay attention to their chat much.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 28, 2020
    Honestly, while I never was going to own a Soluna sword, I hate the very idea of this sale. Elite gear should never be packaged and sold, be it Bhafeal, Langhuiris Chasers, Divine Knights, etc.

They're so desperate for money that they resorted to selling endgame materials, armour, and weapons.

The thing I dislike is paying to skip progression. Some things are just sacred. The developers gave up on any any resemblance to good game design.
    NeyheshiLiberateSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 28, 2020
    I don't care what happens to rarity or worth to end game gear. Just let the prices drop. Thanks.
    FOXAssassinToreishiSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 28, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't care what happens to rarity or worth to end gsame gear. Just let the prices drop. Thanks.

I agree, but this is the wrong way to go about it. It ignores the fact that dungeons are poorly designed in terms of progression and award, especially with such a small server population in comparison to KR and JP. People should be encouraged to run endgame content and be rewarded for doing so.

I am fairly shocked, because I thought this would be a line that they wouldn't cross.

Now, if the game has a "Get 5,000 NX for making a character on Mabinogi and grinding to level 2,000", I can confidently say the game will die, and very soon.

Can't say if they are acting out of desperation or just shamelessness.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I can't run end game stuff because i'm weak meaning i'm stuck someone in between now. But if i don't run them i won't get strong. Stuck in a loop. SM spam is something i can do.
    WolfsingerFOXAssassinSherri
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 28, 2020
    This was a planned event by devs.

TW server has the same event going on.

https://event.beanfun.com/mabinogi/E20200529_1/index.aspx?EventADID=6618

Same exact drop table.

https://event.beanfun.com/mabinogi/EventAD/EventAD.aspx?EventADID=6157

No rates are shown for TW server because they're not required to.

Only difference?

Nexon added ability for you guys to farm keys from SM for you F2P.

And removed the 3rd and 4th bundle.

So you can stop bashing Nexon NA now.
    RheyGreta
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I'll take anything that makes erg more affordable. Nexon please release more erg gacha thank you!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Maia wrote: »
    I'll take anything that makes erg more affordable. Nexon please release more erg gacha thank you!

This makes me think of those Erg Infusion Catalyst things from past events.
    Those were also nice, at least as a head start.
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    What I would want instead would be better drop rates for all of the rare materials instead of a quick and sudden spike. As is the dungeons and shadow missions arent worthwhile to run. Baltane box drop rates are worthless. Raid drops are rarely any good. Our population isnt as big as other servers and that needs to be addressed.
    FOXAssassin
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Neat.
    Very neat.
  • WonderWeaselWonderWeasel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    I like this event. It makes things more accessible to newer players, or players that want better gear but are unable to run the more difficult content. The way I see it, this event functions primarily like a gacha. If you don't like the pay to win aspect of it, don't buy it. There will always be people who are willing to buy, which will drive the prices down so that you can better afford whatever it is you want out of it with gold. If you feel like you would still be unable to afford the materials or gear at these lowered prices, you probably aren't at a point in the game where getting this equipment should be a concern. And people that are ragging on this event because they can no longer have the market in a stranglehold, in two or three months, after this event is gone, I predict the prices for this stuff will be right back where they started. People just need to stop complaining about everything.
    GretaAlshianSherriToreishiFOXAssassin
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Honestly, while I never was going to own a Soluna sword, I hate the very idea of this sale. Elite gear should never be packaged and sold, be it Bhafeal, Langhuiris Chasers, Divine Knights, etc.

They're so desperate for money that they resorted to selling endgame materials, armour, and weapons.

The thing I dislike is paying to skip progression. Some things are just sacred. The developers gave up on any any resemblance to good game design.

If it's what's keeping the servers running at this point, I don't really mind. On another note, I hope this makes end-game stuff more affordable. I'm not paying 150m for just one piece of the set. It's gunna offset me back into the hundred millions, I'd like to keep my account in teh billions for a lot longer plox.
    GretaWolfsingerToreishi
  • DradgasDradgas
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    edited May 30, 2020
    I really don't know why everyone keeps saying the people that are ragging on this event just want to keep market prices high. Since I'm still here trying to farm shadow missions yet I've still been unable to event get a single key, which to be fair I assume is because I can only do fairly low level shadow missions right now.

So yes I'm here and I will say this event in my opinion is kinda crap for a new player like me since I cannot participate unless I open my wallet and essentially pay 2.50$ per key. Am I not allowed to feel that this is stupid? Because it feels really stupid.
    LiberateFOXAssassin
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 30, 2020
    Dradgas wrote: »
    I really don't know why everyone keeps saying the people that are ragging on this event just want to keep market prices high. Since I'm still here trying to farm shadow missions yet I've still been unable to event get a single key, which to be fair I assume is because I can only do fairly low level shadow missions right now.

So yes I'm here and I will say this event in my opinion is kinda crap for a new player like me since I cannot participate unless I open my wallet and essentially pay 2.50$ per key. Am I not allowed to feel that this is stupid? Because it feels really stupid.

You're allowed to feel this event is stupid but would you rather everyone here get the Alternative?

Where this "event" is 100% Purely NX ONLY?

2snyzOf.png

If you want translation:

60 = 2 USD for 1 key.
    600 = 20 USD for 10 keys + 1 Special key
    1800 = 60 USD = 30 keys + 5 Special key
    3000 = 100 USD = 50 keys + 15 Special key and 30 Divine Mineral Fragment

This event is for them is 100% NX only, you cannot participate without spending $$

I don't know about you but, having the option to earn keys for free seems like a better deal but maybe that's just me.

But you can say "why not just not have an event in the first place."

well okay then, just remember that before this event started every material started at low cost of 10 million each. with some mineral exceeding 30m each.

The less people able to run content, the more expensive materials are. which is why the erg market was a huge monopoly.

You see the same 20 people doing content and profiting for the longest time.

Remember when end game gear and outfits use to only cost approx 30-50m ? and now they're well past 200m and up to 3b?

Good luck telling a new player "Just buy a basic X , it's ONLY XX - XXX millions of gold."
    GretaSherri
  • DradgasDradgas
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    AwwPickles wrote: »

You're allowed to feel this event is stupid but would you rather everyone here get the Alternative?

Where this "event" is 100% Purely NX ONLY?

2snyzOf.png

If you want translation:

60 = 2 USD for 1 key.
    600 = 20 USD for 10 keys + 1 Special key
    1800 = 60 USD = 30 keys + 5 Special key
    3000 = 100 USD = 50 keys + 15 Special key and 30 Divine Mineral Fragment

This event is for them is 100% NX only, you cannot participate without spending $$

I don't know about you but, having the option to earn keys for free seems like a better deal but maybe that's just me.

But you can say "why not just not have an event in the first place."

well okay then, just remember that before this event started every material started at low cost of 10 million each. with some mineral exceeding 30m each.

The less people able to run content, the more expensive materials are. which is why the erg market was a huge monopoly.

You see the same 20 people doing content and profiting for the longest time.

Remember when end game gear and outfits use to only cost approx 30-50m ? and now they're well past 200m and up to 3b?

Good luck telling a new player "Just buy a basic X , it's ONLY XX - XXX millions of gold."

I understood your market value point and sure that is a good thing for players I assume like yourself and others that have been playing for quite some time, I was never even trying to say that it was bad for that. I was just coming at this from the perspective of a new player as I am one, and just saying that the event felt dumb because I effectively can't participate without my wallet.

And for how I guess how they're doing this event elsewhere, it's really a moot point to me personally as a new player as I'd be in the same boat regardless.
    FOXAssassin
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850

Don't feel bad...or feel worse? I've done in the 30's to 40's of elites and still only have a single key. That's also not counting the multitude of Hard missions I did when I ran out passes.

The drops on the keys seem like it's more of a tease than something obtainable. Or just traditional mabinogi RNG in effect.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited June 2, 2020
    makes me long for the even older Iria Treasure Hunt Event chests....all you needed were L-Rods to score clothing, robes, weapons, armor, etc.....ahhh....the good old days.....still have my glowing muffler robe from the event back in 2011 (and again in 2012)
    FOXAssassin