Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Enough with these expire age pots

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
edited June 10, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
give us ones that dont expire or just sell age 9 and 18 in nx shop jez
Crimsọn

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 23, 2020
    Why do they even expire in the first place? They don't seem to be game breaking or changer...other than your height.....

And wears off after you age too.

Nexon/devcat really not making sense with me.
    Habimaru
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It also makes me with Tiro sold all the variations.
    At least he sells the 10~17 ones, though a bit expensive if they're gonna keep continuing this trend of just throwing age potions into event gift boxes to pad out the rewards list.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 23, 2020
    I think in general the expiring consumables are a nuisance. Just a pile of consolation prizes that expire in our inventories, clogging them up unless we manually throw them out. It's either that or wait until they expire just to hit the auto-trash button. And the one time they tried to make them stackable? They were stackable and expiring, which means we couldn't even hit that little magnet button to clean them up.

Enough with the expiring items. Just make them stackable and no-trade and call it a day. :P Either that or just replace all the consolation prizes with variations on coins or tokens that can be exchanged for the real event items.
    WolfsingerTwelieSherriEraleaHabimaruDDSNKaiiea
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Policroma wrote: »
    Enough with the expiring items. Just make them stackable and no-trade and call it a day. :P Either that or just replace all the consolation prizes with variations on coins or tokens that can be exchanged for the real event items.

Poly has the best ideas, this is exactly what they should be doing. The boxes should drop a coin on top of the rng roll for junk, and the event NPC should always have a shop to exchange for guaranteed prizes.

Some of these recent event boxes have been awful. I threw as many alts as I could at the Harmon event and some of them didn't pull even a single tree. And what is wrong with these Baa Baa Boxes? The drop rates are so bad I'm sure there'll be people who won't pull the two fashion equips even if they play it daily.
    Habimaru
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Eralea wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »

Poly has the best ideas, this is exactly what they should be doing. The boxes should drop a coin on top of the rng roll for junk, and the event NPC should always have a shop to exchange for guaranteed prizes.

Some of these recent event boxes have been awful. I threw as many alts as I could at the Harmon event and some of them didn't pull even a single tree. And what is wrong with these Baa Baa Boxes? The drop rates are so bad I'm sure there'll be people who won't pull the two fashion equips even if they play it daily.

My luck in a nutshell for most of these. Part of why I kinda just quit for Harmon anyway, I didn't have enough patience to run my guys through multiple shadow missions - they're all still pretty underleveled, and I hate being completely useless to a team - and I wasn't getting anything much.
    I pulled ONE tree, but that was on my main towards the beginning, and when my luck continued poorly I just kinda gave up, finished the event and that was that for me.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Age expires...
    GretaWolfsingerSai
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    <satire>I understand that what you do with pet age potions is throw them on the ground, but I just don't see why that's beneficial?</satire>
    Kensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    100% agreed, this expiring crap is getting rather old
    Pun maybe intended?
    KensamaofmariSai
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited May 29, 2020
    myNITEw.jpg

But why tho?
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I basically toss out anything that expires, unless it's REALLY useful. Or something I can use at that very moment, like a name color change pot.

Got tired of having stuff expire on me because I forgot to use them. If there was an early warning feature, maybe things would be different.
    Habimaru
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 29, 2020
    Keiyoma wrote: »

After you post to imgur, right click on the image you just posted and choose properties; it will give you the URL for the image itself. Copy that and you can post the image directly using the forum image tags rather than using the forum link tag kludge.
    CMKyrios
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Helsa wrote: »
    Keiyoma wrote: »

After you post to imgur, right click on the image you just posted and choose properties; it will give you the URL for the image itself. Copy that and you can post the image directly using the forum image tags rather than using the forum link tag kludge.

What a wife - thanks.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    tried an age potion way back so i could wear age restricted clothing....didn't work....totally useless potion
    GretaSherri
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    Just feed those Age Potions to your Doll Bags for some temporary fun!
    ookie wrote: »
    tried an age potion way back so i could wear age restricted clothing....didn't work....totally useless potion

That's not the purpose of age potions?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Nope. That's why i was asking people why these potions are useful. I don't understand the point for rebirthing as age 17 and then using something like age 10 potion.
    Greta wrote: »

Nope. That's why i was asking people why these potions are useful. I don't understand the point for rebirthing as age 17 and then using something like age 10 potion.

Plain aesthetics. Very plain.
    Wolfsinger
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited June 3, 2020
    Greta wrote: »

There is technically a good reason for doing something like that - the stats you gain upon level up depend on the age of your character, so a chainblader should be playing at age 10-11, whereas a human mage might want to rebirth to 16-17 to gain more MP.

Here's the table if yall wanna take a closer look, the ones of interest are labeled "Status increase when levelling up at a certain age": https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Character#Character_Growth

If you were min-maxing your stats, the age you rebirth and play at should be part of your strategy (especially if you use luck, as that stat still isn't capped via other methods). Reaching lv200 at age 10 means humans gain +150 luck and elves/giants +100 luck, compared to reaching lv200 at age 17.

However, this does mean you have to play as a midget every week, which some people may not prefer. I know I don't. I like playing as a tall elf lad in heels.

All that said though, very few people play like this and even those people don't need multiple expiring age potions to solve their midget problems. At least the non-expiring ones can be saved for future rebirths.

EDIT: I just remembered another reason for playing at certain ages. A newer player who's still training and doesn't have access to an unrestricted CP set will have to use age pots if they want to be smaller. Idk how common they are these days, but it took me ages to make mine so I was stuck with the age 17 wizard suit for a very long time. Come to think of it, this is probably the reason you can't use the age pots to get into age-restricted clothing.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger