Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just stop (gacha rant/suggestion)

SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
in Feedback and Suggestions
Can You guys please STOP WITH SPECIAL OUTFITS! All it is doing is watering down the gacha so its harder to get ones with a stance it is starting to get stupid because of the amount of outfits that get added because of the fact there is a "Special" version of an outfit JUST STOP!
GretaSherri
  1. Do you like the idea of two outfits one being special and one not?12 votes
    1. Yes
       17% (2 votes)
    2. No
       83% (10 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 4, 2020
    Finally someone else realizes that. Nexon tricking people into thinking that both these items are worth the same price when it's actually not. People tend to overprice these items over few second animations. Having duplicates just decreases the rates of these Special ones. Nexon, just stop... Why bother making duplicates of every outfit, it looks ridiculous and sometimes even confusing now.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    MONEY!!!!
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Yeah, I agree, this was a new thing to me and it made it very confusing when trying to sell. Some items, or older idle outfits don't have "Special" in the name, but still provide action. Unless someone is knowledgeable about all gacha items, I feel it can cause miscommunication or even scam.

I remember seeing someone say they didn't like the Lotus idle, so they bought the non-special, I get that. Still, I'd rather have one version again and if you don't like idle, you can just hold tailoring/handicraft kit or something.
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm sick of them as well -_-
    something tells me it'll only get worse from here though
    YangKoete
  • AliNekoAliNeko
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Imo, they should have an option for the gacha outfits where you can toggle or untoggle to idle animation :/ the fact that the new special outfits are being marked up 100m is just disheartening.
    Kalulah
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Both 'special' and 'eluned' versions of clothes need to go.

Especially when you consider that 'eluned' was a clothes line, not 'outfit altered for the other gender' originally. Old outfits that still bear the eluned tag arent actually available to the other gender too.

Just make the clothes unisex and let players decide what they want to wear.
    GretaSacredCrimsonSherriTwelieKalulahKensamaofmariNoffy
  • SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Soll wrote: »

Especially when you consider that 'eluned' was a clothes line, not 'outfit altered for the other gender' originally. Old outfits that still bear the eluned tag arent actually available to the other gender too.

See I like this comment because that is a thing because they have to add "eluned" outfits along with everything else the size of the game is getting bigger even faster and is taxing an already pressed game engine.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

This is what they should of done from the start. I'm sick of spending extra on an outfit just because it's for the other gender than the original
    I can see many more people actually bother with gacha too
    TwelieKalulahKensamaofmari
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited June 10, 2020
    Can we apply this to gear too? ;^(
    KalulahKensamaofmari