Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Skill Progress Bars On The Go.

PearpadPearpad
Mabinogi Rep: 930
edited February 8, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Pearpad of Alexina;
I wasn't sure how to accurately title my suggestion, so right into the idea I had for a long, long while!
It's not something I think matters for most players. It is most likely an issue I have in my brain, whenever I
train my skills I like seeing the progress bar in the skill window get filled.
Sometimes I train a lot and I want to continue without seeing the bar, then, see it again and look at how much the bar got filled. It's satisfying! The actual issue is the fact that I always close the skill window when I'm done checking. Most skills are at the end of the list, I check quite a lot, it's getting quite annoying to always having to scroll down in order to find the skill once again.

Anyway, my idea was to have another progress bars under the skills icons. More details after the images:
The progress bars under the skills would look like this:
Click me!
As you can see the progress is at some bars filled, while not in others. Some are with the pink color, etc. Just like it would be in the actual skill window.
The black button at the right was made for the moments where I want to surprise myself and see how much the bar got filled after a few times doing the same method. ( Or in other words, to show the progress bars or hide them. )
The design was simple; I took the same bar and colors we all love and know the meanings of from the progress bars in the skill window, then
I cut it a bit to make it smaller, then, I just placed it there. Lookin' good.
In the actual game it would look like this:
Click Me!
It doesn't bother the eye, and it's mostly useful for players like me!
It blends well with the fact that you can see all the information of the skill
the mouse is on.

-The skill window will still have the same use obviously! ( Advancing, etc. )
-I decided to keep the upper skill bar without the progress bars, it's just not that nice to look at too many of these bars.
And that's basically it! I'd love to have this.
The number of times bar was written: 14
AndrewGRRuukaDarkpixie99Grenesborrow

Comments

• AndrewGRAndrewGR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    I really like your idea and i hope we will get this cause it helps a lot with training.
    Maybe there should be an on/off button in Options tab cause it wont be usefull for people who have mastered the skills.

Great idea i support this !!!
    Daktaro
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited February 9, 2017
    I'm not sure how much it would help you as well but you can also alt+click a skill to get a window showing current progress in the requirements, how much each requirement gives, and a progress bar to go with it. This way you don't have to hunt down the skill in the list everytime just to look.
    skillwindow.png
  • PearpadPearpad
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    I'm not sure how much it would help you as well but you can also alt+click a skill to get a window showing current progress in the requirements, how much each requirement gives, and a progress bar to go with it. This way you don't have to hunt down the skill in the list everytime just to look.
    skillwindow.png

I know of all these methods, I still would just like to have a simple progress bar. That's all.
    And thanks AndrewGR i'm glad you're with me ; u ;

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I think this would be neat as an improvement to the quest tracker. Instead of just quests, make it the 'whatever you wanna track' tracker and enable skills to be added on there; so whenever you're actively training a skill, you can just look at your progress on there, and advance it whenever, even mid-battle.
    GrenesborrowPearpad
  • GrenesborrowGrenesborrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    I've actually thought about this too while training, but couldn't think of a solution. I really like your idea of having it under our skills in the hot key or @almostnotsuper's idea of having it in the quest tracker, also the visual aid really helped show what you were saying! I really hope Nexon sees this and puts it in a future update. :)
    Pearpad
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    Crunching on time here ignore mistakes:

I love this idea, i myself am working on skills right now ater resetting and this would be helpful, there have been times ive accidentally mastered the skill cause i dont see when it says its full due to the flash of the skill.....METEOR TALKING TO YOU
    Pearpad
  • Your Fallen GodYour Fallen God
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Till you're out of skills to train. I'd like to see some spirit weapon revamp.