Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sooo G1 has voice acting now?

BronzezenBronzezen
Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
in Content from Other Regions
Soooo this is a thing now, I guess it’s time to send my portfolio for a role *hopeful wishing*.

And

IyasenuNegumiko

Comments

• GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Oh Tarlach's voice <3 too bad we can't visit him in adult form anymore. :(
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh that song Kristell sings is pretty with vocals.

I like the bell ringing in the original as well.
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    I have mixed feelings about the addition of voice acting. I've always liked to imagine the voices of my choice for each character and read at my own pace. Also I'd be pretty upset if my favorites ended up with a terrible dub. On the other hand I've heard many performances that truly bring characters to life. I hope we'll at least get the options for dual audio (if NA version gets dubbed) and muting. That being said I love everything else about the update.
    Oh Tarlach's voice <3 too bad we can't visit him in adult form anymore. :(

Hee, I haven't completed the Dark Knight quest so I still can visit him whenever.
    WolfsingerFluorette
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Yup, and they updated some of the character models to make them look more modern.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    if they are going back and improving the earlier generation quests hopefully they will improve the old transformations as well. like making the the models for each of the forms look better and allowing us to use any previous transformation form as long as we have gotten to the rank needed to unlock it. the stats for each form could be improved by allowing transformations to to equip second titles and any first title they want.

this is still a step in the right direction though, we already have tons of story content that could easily keep most new players busy for over a year. it may be difficult to do but I am glad to see the earlier parts of mabi finally getting improved. when this update come over here it would be nice if have a option to choose if we hear English voices or the original Korean voices for these characters.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    NA is not getting dubs. That's money that they will not spend.
    BronzezenHelsa
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    I need to read at own pace, so voice isn't that important. But probably won't even be around for this update/renewal anyway.
    Crims wrote: »
    NA is not getting dubs. That's money that they will not spend.

I will dub Mari for free.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 14, 2020
    I'm sorry, but after so many years have passed... I think G1 got pretty irrelevant and using money and time on that is kinda a waste... Most players done this years ago and i wonder if anyone will hop on alts to try out.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The only time NA got dubs was when they did the Romeo Juliet promo.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    You know I bet they are trying to advertise new players, most games do have dub voices so anyone starting out will probably stick around just for the story and depending on the voice actors.
    Negumiko
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    The only time NA got dubs was when they did the Romeo Juliet promo.

That one pirate event had voice as well as the partner.
    Sebastian
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    didnt Hamlet have some voice in it? when Hamlet does his big speech to the mirror or w/e
    SebastianAielis
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 15, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but after so many years have passed... I think G1 got pretty irrelevant and using money and time on that is kinda a waste... Most players done this years ago and i wonder if anyone will hop on alts to try out.

Actually I'm all for it if they give me a redo for the journal accomplishment devcat screwed us verteran players out of by allowing us to skip. We thought we could do so without any repercussions but basically got the middle finger when they introduced the journal.
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    You know I bet they are trying to advertise new players, most games do have dub voices so anyone starting out will probably stick around just for the story and depending on the voice actors.

this is why they should let us choose between the English dub voices and the original Korean when we get this update. dubbed voices can sound great or just awful so even if a few of the English dub voices sound horrible players will still have the Korean voices to enjoy.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    And what if i don't want any voices? I don't find Korean language pleasant to my ears and i remember feeling weird when i heard voices during Shakespeare chapter... I really don't wanna mute a whole game lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 16, 2020
    Guys it's not just voice acting. http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2020/0611_master/index.asp They are refining everything. Making stuff LOOK better.

004H6-fb555161-8f89-4924-94ce-c8c51e0b5ee8.JPG
    tD2vFu5.png

We may possibly be on our way to a full scale update. This may just be the beginning.
    IyasenuWolfsingerHelsa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I remember a while back they had improved some of the NPCs around Tir, like Caitin and Malcolm, and now it's getting extended even further after all this time.

I wonder if this'll eventually happen to old items.
    Will the humble Popo Skirt one day not be so... box-chested.
    Crimsọnazurskies
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I hope they do that for new characters. Get rid of those boxy hairstyles. I feel like those crap hairstyles have been a deterrent for this game.
    IyasenuWolfsingerHelsaazurskies
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Crims wrote: »
    Guys it's not just voice acting. http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2020/0611_master/index.asp They are refining everything. Making stuff LOOK better.

004H6-fb555161-8f89-4924-94ce-c8c51e0b5ee8.JPG
    tD2vFu5.png

We may possibly be on our way to a full scale update. This may just be the beginning.

ABOUT DANG TIME! =D
    WolfsingerCrimsọnDarkpixie99
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Negumiko wrote: »

this is why they should let us choose between the English dub voices and the original Korean when we get this update. dubbed voices can sound great or just awful so even if a few of the English dub voices sound horrible players will still have the Korean voices to enjoy.

I knew of an app game that let people choose between japanese and english voices, it was pretty neat that I actually liked the japanese voices because if you didn't look at the character talking you would have no idea what they just said to you.