Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Character remaining in game after Disconnect.

Aero365Aero365
Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
edited May 20, 2020 in Bugs and Glitches
Lately, whenever the game disconnects. My Character will remain in the game. This does not allow me to log back in. My characters stays in the game for 15 minutes each time. I have asked other people if they have the same issue when they get disconnected from the game, and they do.

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    Aero365 wrote: »
    Lately, whenever the game disconnects. My Character will remain in the game. This does not allow me to log back in. My characters stays in the game for 15 minutes each time. I have asked other people if they have the same issue when they get disconnected from the game, and they do.

This is a known issue! Sorry for the annoyances it may cause. As of right now there is no workaround to this other than being patient for the game to register you as disconnected so that you could log back in.
    Aero365Musicat
  • Aero365Aero365
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    edited May 21, 2020
    Alright! Thank you for the quick reply!
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Mine too. Its hard trying to get attendance when you keep getting dc d and have to wait for 15 minutes
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    You can get around the wait time by logging out of the Nexon launcher and re-logging back in - fixes it for me every time.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Ok this is getting really annoying. I m with a friend. It does its disconnect thing. She is still left in the game. She shuts the game down. Closes launcher. Shuts her computer down turns it back on and tries to get back on the game no.can t. Did this multiply times, took about 15 minutes for her to disappear so she could get back on again. She gets back on and is on for about 30 seconds and it does it again. Now she has to wait 15 minutes again to get back on. And I have to wait 15 minutes AGAIN because I m helping her. So 2 peoples time has been wasted for 15 minutes. Been going on for over 2 weeks now. Not happy and patients has run out. Its happened about 15 times already.
  • NerezzaNerezza
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    edited June 25, 2020
    The commonly cited workaround of restarting the launcher/Steam (or even your entire computer) isn't a valid workaround. All we can do is wait until the server completes the logout process entirely.

As for how long this has been occuring for, it's been like this since I returned to the game on May 5th so it's been an issue for a few weeks at least now.
  • ChaosqveenieChaosqveenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Oh yeah , one of the biggest issue i have with this game. I disconnect at 4am in the morning to me (I often have personal shops open) and its pretty annoying. I hope it can be fixed soon =)
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited September 11, 2020
    Speaking of early morning and other disconnects while a shop is open. The Meow was going to create a new thread in case he didn't find any appropriate existing one. There's a case with regular disconnects every 5 to 40 minutes (if being inactive for the said period). It also happens while having Rest skill activated (Having a currently active skill, yes?) or while using a chair.
    We're certainly not supposed to be AfK most of the time, because we launch the game to play it, but there are, as well, times when we need to go on standby or do something else irl and don't want to close the game for the period. It's also crucial to using a Personal Shop or a Kiosk. So, the question is, is it normal to have such disconnect occasions every now and then? May it have something to do with other applications running simultaneously with the game? The Meow doesn't find joy in rearranging his kiosk each time. And yesterday it happened during the transcription of the event books.
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    This happened to me just now. :/ Any fix in sight?
  • This issue has become a nuisance. One time I log in everything was fun till I disconnected. Once I log in again, I got disconnected once again in less than 3 minutes. What the heck is going on