Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please let Ukrainians play!

Baka009Baka009
Mabinogi Rep: 865
in Feedback and Suggestions
Please reconsider that country block!I spend Years of time and planty of money into account.And then you just blocked it post-factum,if you cant block only crimea,dont just lock entire country!Please do something about this!

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Unfortunately for you, the earliest that can happen is 2021 Jan. 20.
    Kensamaofmari
  • Baka009Baka009
    Helsa wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you, the earliest that can happen is 2021 Jan. 20.

It depends on the top of their company and not on the president...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 28, 2020
    Did this just recently happen?

Hey @BAKA009 please check your PM on here.
  • Baka009Baka009
    Crims wrote: »

Actually,im trying to get eny result via tech support for months...But nothing really helped.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 28, 2020
    Baka009 wrote: »

Actually,im trying to get eny result via tech support for months...But nothing really helped.

I mean what would happen if you were to hypothetically move to another country? How does one get their flag changed? Can you ask them about that please? I mean if I was to move to Ukraine would I lose my account? That's stupid. There has to be a way around this. I saw that thread back in February and they offered NO APOLOGY to our Ukraine players. That is bs! This is all bs!

@CMKyrios Is there some kind of update to this situation for these poor players? A better solution? This is not fair to them. They have been blocked since Febuary WITH NO WARNING. You guys could of just banned them from gacha like you did with Belgium. But instead just ban them from billing so they can at least still login and play. They just wouldn't be able to make any purchases, it's better than nothing!

There was a better solution to this! Some Ukraine players have been with us for almost a decade. A DECADE. You don't just rip something like that from someone. They have no control over what governments do. This is not fair. :angry:
    КалашниковBaka009SherriPlatinaKokiHaruePectyl
  • Baka009Baka009
    I tried to change region,but i guess they have logs...Maybe if i really move somewhere i have a chance.
    Usually look like this:
    Unfortunately, the location that you have requested does not appear to match our records for the account. As it appears that your geophysical location has been misrepresented, we will not be able to accommodate your request to change the Country Code for the account.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Wow they just shut down that thread in General. I guess this is all we have now.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wow they just shut down that thread in General. I guess this is all we have now.

I don't even see that thread anymore.
    Pectyl
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Other thread was moved to [Help] section and told to contact support.

Can I Change My Country Selection Later?
    You may request that your country be changed by submitting a ticket from a Nexon Player Support Center. However, your Country Selection can only be changed to match your physical geographical location, and cannot be used to change your Region.

Additionally, a request to change the Country Selection for an account can be denied if suspicious activity is observed on the account.
    Regarding this, doesn't seem like support can help. OP has already sent ticket for this.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    edited June 30, 2020

I mean what would happen if you were to hypothetically move to another country? How does one get their flag changed? Can you ask them about that please? I mean if I was to move to Ukraine would I lose my account? That's stupid. There has to be a way around this. I saw that thread back in February and they offered NO APOLOGY to our Ukraine players. That is bs! This is all bs!

@CMKyrios Is there some kind of update to this situation for these poor players? A better solution? This is not fair to them. They have been blocked since Febuary WITH NO WARNING. You guys could of just banned them from gacha like you did with Belgium. But instead just ban them from billing so they can at least still login and play. They just wouldn't be able to make any purchases, it's better than nothing!

There was a better solution to this! Some Ukraine players have been with us for almost a decade. A DECADE. You don't just rip something like that from someone. They have no control over what governments do. This is not fair. :angry:

I'm afraid this matter is entirely out of my jurisdiction. We are talking about international law. These restrictions impede on Ukraine and the Russian Federation's ability to access any of Nexon's games, not limited to Mabinogi.

I understand what you guys are saying that Crimea =/= Ukraine in this instance, but there's not a whole lot of solace I can provide here. I can't comment on the comparisons drawn between this and Gachapon being restricted in Belgium (due to being generally uninformed) but I'm sure there are issues that stand out that make them different situations.

Infringing international law could get Nexon as a company into some hot water. So you have to understand that as unfair as it may be as a long-standing loyal player of the game to suddenly have your access taken away, the peculiarities that may prevent Nexon from being more accommodating to your (and others from Ukraine) situation are of a much greater concern.

I genuinely sympathize those who suddenly can no longer access the games that they spent so much time and effort in. If there are any updates I can provide on this I will, but please do not wait with bated breath.
    KensamaofmariBaka009BronzebreakSherriPlatinaKokiCrimsọnHarue
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    CMKyrios wrote: »

I'm afraid this matter is entirely out of my jurisdiction. We are talking about international law. These restrictions impede on Ukraine and the Russian Federation's ability to access any of Nexon's games, not limited to Mabinogi.

I understand what you guys are saying that Crimea =/= Ukraine in this instance, but there's not a whole lot of solace I can provide here. I can't comment on the comparisons drawn between this and Gachapon being restricted in Belgium (due to being generally uninformed) but I'm sure there are issues that stand out that make them different situations.

Infringing international law could get Nexon as a company into some hot water. So you have to understand that as unfair as it may be as a long-standing loyal player of the game to suddenly have your access taken away, the peculiarities that may prevent Nexon from being more accommodating to your (and others from Ukraine) situation are of a much greater concern.

I genuinely sympathize those who suddenly can no longer access the games that they spent so much time and effort in. If there are any updates I can provide on this I will, but please do not wait with bated breath.

Sigh...well thank you for responding and offering your sympathy. I just wish this had a better outcome for them. Nexon should of provided at least some kind of warning notice a couple weeks prior to them taking such action...and right before doki doki. That's rough. They didn't even have a chance to say goodbye or enjoy doki doki island one last time.

I understand as a company that they were forced to do this, but I just wish that they were a little more considerate.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Sigh...well thank you for responding and offering your sympathy. I just wish this had a better outcome for them. Nexon should of provided at least some kind of warning notice a couple weeks prior to them taking such action...and right before doki doki. That's rough. They didn't even have a chance to say goodbye or enjoy doki doki island one last time.

I understand as a company that they were forced to do this, but I just wish that they were a little more considerate.

Yeah, like the notice put up for Belgium ending the sale of gachas, there should've been a notice put up for the ending of service in Ukraine. Just bummers.
    Pectyl
  • Baka009Baka009

Thanks for responce.
    So...There is no chance of situation improvement on this matter,right?Sad life...
    Btw, how that happend that Russia got absolutely no restrictions there?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    Thanks for responce.
    So...There is no chance of situation improvement on this matter,right?Sad life...
    Btw, how that happend that Russia got absolutely no restrictions there?

It's not my place to comment on it since I'm not a part of that decision-making or discussion in any capacity unfortunately. Speaking as a person with vague insight and not as your CM, I would imagine political turbulence would have to settle first, but my guess is as good as yours.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    They now locked them out entirely.

unknown.png
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 21, 2020
    LOL seriously?

Also, it's been two weeks since i can't stay logged in on forums. I constantly get logged out within minutes and on mobile i get instantly disconnected while trying to log in. You pretty much just trying to make people stop using forums...
    Fix it Nexon...
    BronzebreakNegumikoSherriCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 21, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    LOL seriously?

Also, it's been two weeks since i can't stay logged in on forums. I constantly get logged out within minutes and on mobile i get instantly disconnected while trying to log in. You pretty much just trying to make people stop using forums...
    Fix it Nexon...

Yeah that was sent to me on discord by OP. They can't even get into these forums anymore. Smh.

Welcome to the new normal. This is how Nexon handles delicate situations. Lock people out of their accounts WITHOUT WARNING and then SILENCE them entirely. -claps-
    Sherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Delicate Situation ? I see it all the time going on within the court-systems how people are literally «silenced» by the very rights-violators who falsely accused these people in order to kidnap them into the jails/prisons and make their kangaroo-court show-trial hearings quite a «one-sided story» where they're not even allowed to speak (or are at least threatened/intimidated into not speaking the truth but are told by their public-pretenders to just admit that they committed some crime even if/when they did not).
    I wouldn't just to conclusions though, for all we know, a bunch of «Secret Intelligence Agency» lobbyists might be holding Nexon (and pretty much every other corporation in the world) «legally hostage» into complying with all of these draconian/communist edicts with possible «planted moles» for purposes of «patching» all possible avenues of allowing Ukrainains to even be able to reach out to the rest of the world for any kind of assistance if Ukrainians cannot even trust their own government-officials (then again there are also other stories I've heard about where supposedly there may be so-called White-Hats who've trapped world-class criminals somewhere & have to cut off all forms of their movement/communication in order to keep them from escaping which could have the «collateral-effect» of restricting the whole entire Ukrainian population; but of course, I deem anything in violation of human rights or in contravention to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and anything to do with «militarised policing» is literally criminal, and I actually HAVE the Legislative-Codes, Congressional-Records, Supreme-Court Decision, and Legal-Definitions to prove that it's all «criminal» by definition).
    Yeah that was sent to me on discord by OP. They can't even get into these forums anymore. Smh.

Welcome to the new normal. This is how Nexon handles delicate situations. Lock people out of their accounts WITHOUT WARNING and then SILENCE them entirely. -claps-
    It's not like anybody even uses these forums any more anyway. Although I do have to wonder why we are all being constantly disconnected or logged out. When they update the game it shouldn't have anything to do with the forums so what could be doing and why would they be tinkering or tampering around with the coding of the forums ? Anyway, and assuming that getting randomly/constantly/frequently kicked off or logged out is not just some sort of glitch, most browsers these days have a «Save User-Name & Password» option anyway that «Auto-Fills» upon detecting when we're trying to log in to some page somewhere, so it's really more-likely some sort of nuisance/inconvenience assuming that we're not going to end up being told that it's for some «security reasons» measure.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2020
    I thought this information might be useful for this situation and help give our Ukrainian a better possible ETA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_sanctions_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War
    https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2019/12/19/russia-eu-prolongs-economic-sanctions-by-six-months/

What happened:
    Russia responded with sanctions against a number of countries, including a total ban on food imports from the EU, United States, Norway, Canada and Australia.

Whats going to happen:
    The sanctions by the European Union and United States continue to be in effect as of May 2019. In December 2019, the EU announced the extension of sanctions until 31 July 2020.

I guess we will see what happens by then.

NEVERMIND. OP provided this to me:

unknown.png

Sigh...

During our discussions OP stated that these types of extensions will probably continue for a while. Think Tibet, Yeah... :(
    Till then my deepest sympathies to our Ukrainian militians. Russia is the most stubborn belligerent nation in the world. They drink vodka for breakfast. lol. This is probably going to be years...probably decades, it truly is hard to say. I mean once something like this happens it has a unfortunate tendency to become indefinite, especially in a world that is rapidly falling apart this year.

My advice...start over and become US citizens, iykwim. I mean you guys could easily defect to the US, ya know? lol. I personally will welcome you back and will do everything possible to get you back where you were in game. If you love Mabinogi enough, we will welcome your return and dedication. However I do understand that what Nexon did to all of you was unjust and handled extremely poorly. (I am not even sure that if the sanctions are applicable to this media tbh, It doesn't sound right imo, I mean I can't find articles of other gaming companies doing this to your country. This is all pretty shady).

I know this going to leave all of you raw for a while. Many of you have already given up and flipped Nexon off into the sunset. None of us would blame you. But time heals, you will either move on and hopefully take with you fond memories of this game, or you will persevere. I mean you have to be a masochist to love this game anyway, lol.

My name is Crimson in game. When you come around and decide to give this game a second chance I will be here. We will all be here. We look forward to your return.

8837adc8b8fd4399-anime-salute-gifs-tenor.gif
    SherriMusicat
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    LOL seriously?

Fix it Nexon...

that problem is fairly annoying, if I close my web browser I have to log back into the forums. it will leave me logged in for about 1 to 2 hours if I leave my web browser open the entire time. tried checking the forums on 3 different computers and the same thing happens, this is not a pc related issue. not sure about it on mobile since I rarely check the forums that way but hearing about this from other players just helps confirm this is a Nexon issue. hopefully it will get fixed cause it makes it quite annoying to check the forums.