Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ranking Catering with Master Plan and Pet Event.

CaterexCaterex
Mabinogi Rep: 935
in General Chat
With the ability to rebirth into Culinary Artist, with the Master Plan Event, and also with the ability for me to rank my cooking from Rank 9 to Rank 2 with training seals, I decided to try to rank other skills that are associated with the Cooking Talent. Right Now I am focusing on Milking And Catering. My Milking was a Rank D and my catering skill was obtained by re birthing to my current talent.

I bought 10 empty bottles from Walter and been harassing the cows in Dunbarton. After filling all 10 of these bottles, I switched equipment to a cooking table and fermentation vat and fermented Plain Yogurt (you only need milk as only ingredient.) After having these plain yogurt, I have been using them to as catering dishes. I know in higher levels you'll have to fill all 10 slots, but since I am a lower level, I just been using 2 yogurts per cater. I think its a cheaper option than buying chocolate or dishes from auction or NPCs.

I think I can possibly max my catering skill today along with my milking skill if I am determined. The boosts that my talent and level (110) gives me makes it easier. Also today we got a Complete Skill Exp Potion and I am also doing the Returned quest which gives me a title "The Returned" with more Skill boosts. If you have a cooking truck or homestead items, I think it'll make progress much, much easier.

If there is an easier/another way that also allows me to rank other Chef skills together: hoeing, harvesting, egg gatering, wine making (I seriously need to level this one) and mushroom gathering, please tell us in comments.

Side Note: Fermenting Unlocks at Cooking Rank 3.
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• ElyrurunaElyruruna
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    Lv 200 for 2x training exp and effort
    As for wine making
    Hmm why not just put grape, finish it , put another grape, then finish it again
    Repeatly
    CaterexLeinei
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    Elyruruna wrote: »
    As for wine making
    Repeatly

Thank you. I had a misconception that wine making was hard. But right now I'm just spamming grapes and fermenting. I am now close to r1
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Cooking: Homestead brownie 1.5x training,level bonus will help skip books

Harvesting/Hoeing: Upgrade tools for collection speed.

Mushrooms: Wednesday gold mushrooms spawn. Change channels + March Song to get around

Catering: Chocolate is fast, but I guess it's doable yoghurt way. CTRL+Click the caters to spam summon

Milking: Use multiple bottles and CTRL+Click or CTRL+K to drink them «this is to empty for quick use again»

Other: Reforge cooking tools. May as well try to get all Master Titles while your talent is active, it's very easy. Keeping ingredients (eggs, barley, potatoes) help with Church part-time later. Use Glenis' quests (or any chef NPC) to make prerequisite items in bulk like Fry Batter or Steamed Potato.

I'm sure you're probably already done with it by now. Sorry, there's nothing new or innovative about what I say. I just did that talent in honest, passive way while watching vids.

Cooking is my favorite skillset in the game, though. ^^ If there is anything unseen, I am willing to learn.
    Caterex
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    As for wine making
    Repeatly

I did this with chocolate. XD
    Caterex
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Caterex wrote: »
    As for wine making
    Repeatly

Thank you. I had a misconception that wine making was hard. But right now I'm just spamming grapes and fermenting. I am now close to r1

Winemaking is difficult if you're actually trying to make good wine for rewards from Pencast and going through that horrendous mini-game.
    Caterex