Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Historian's Old Trunk

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited July 13, 2020 in Content from Other Regions
bg.jpg

I actually really like these outfits. I love anything that's a little more conservative and has a sense of realistic fashion even in a mmo. Plus the intricate details and nuances of the accessories (minus the wings) really add character to these outfits. Check out the link and scroll to the bottom for an interactive display:
http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/event_view.asp?id=4888242

Some notable things I like...

HB738Ya.png
Giant quill, the pen is indeed mightier than the sword! XD

YoQ20Uq.png
Scholar(ly?) Wear (short type). Shorts with garter stalkings and a trench coat? I think I have found my new forever outfit. I seldom find an outfit I actually like and so I am looking forward to this new one. It's got all kinds of elements I like.

jDEdZRo.png
Knowledge is power. Absorb as much as insanely possible. KNOW what you are talking about. :P
WolfsingerKensamaofmariHelsa

Comments

• GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Talek's outfit meets junior academy outfit, I know I'll pass this one for sure. They could have at least come out with the wig and glasses by itself without the hat 😒 .
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Finally a female outfit that won't look like it will cost 100-200m. Hopefully. It looks ugly , i'm sorry.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Oh God there's not enough skin for you guys? Lol.
    КалашниковHelsa
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    What is it with Nexon and putting shorts on outfits that should be full-length pants...? -_-
    GretaWolfsingerGypsySpirit
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 14, 2020
    Crims wrote: »

I really don't understand the shorts and stocking combo, it looks weird, especially when the outfit's theme looks old. The coat on top makes it even worse lol. Just awkward and weird taste.

And yes, the outfit looks awfully similar to that of Talek's and Morfy's or overall something what we already have. Just slapped shorts and stockings and went for books.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Leinei wrote: »
    What is it with Nexon and putting shorts on outfits that should be full-length pants...? -_-

Well, there are long pant versions for both. I guess it's for group that likes to dress as little kids, but it muddies gacha pool :rolleyes:
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    The fact there are short and pants versions makes me super happy. Already saving gold up for this, since I'm gonna need the set.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Another tidbit, its the upgraded version of the adorned ruby alchemist sets.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited July 14, 2020

I was getting those vibes. As far as 'upgraded', are the stats different (or do they have a set effect maybe?) or are they just newer?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »

I really don't understand the shorts and stocking combo, it looks weird, especially when the outfit's theme looks old. The coat on top makes it even worse lol. Just awkward and weird taste.

And yes, the outfit looks awfully similar to that of Talek's and Morfy's or overall something what we already have. Just slapped shorts and stockings and went for books.

Well fine, you guys hate it, great. It will be cheaper for me to buy it from someone. >:]
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Well fine, you guys hate it, great. It will be cheaper for me to buy it from someone. >:]

What if people don't buy the gach for this? Wouldn't that make it rare and expensive? Or perhaps you are confident that there will be enough people who buy it to create that supply to make it cheaper?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

What if people don't buy the gach for this? Wouldn't that make it rare and expensive? Or perhaps you are confident that there will be enough people who buy it to create that supply to make it cheaper?

Questions and Conflicts, there'll be only one way to find out and that's when it hits the market XD
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit

I was getting those vibes. As far as 'upgraded', are the stats different (or do they have a set effect maybe?) or are they just newer?

Just the fact that it looks "newer".
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 16, 2020
    The outfits either look similar to something what we already have or they look extremely funky or egdy... Really weird fashion taste lately.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990

Well, there are long pant versions for both. I guess it's for group that likes to dress as little kids, but it muddies gacha pool :rolleyes:

Maybe somebody in the dev team have a weird fetish for manlegs or feminine boys
    it's also possible that some koreans probably envy others being able to walk outside in shorts without getting cold
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Oh, good! I wish they would have shown them in the pictures. The shorts just seem out of place for the outfit...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Oh, good! I wish they would have shown them in the pictures. The shorts just seem out of place for the outfit...

Well I'm not going to post every bloody pic from there. Visit the link.
    Helsa
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    I'd rather wait for the new XO event for those hs props, they look pretty much the same.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The female version has a very nice silhouette and the seems keep the design interesting overall. People don't seem to like the shorts and stocking but I think they create much needed contrast without making the lower body look too busy or gaudy. The male version desperately needs pants however. It looks plain silly with shorts.
    CrimsọnWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    SplendidBeautifulFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif
    Helsa