Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I lost my pet lol

JasJMJJasJMJ
Mabinogi Rep: 865
edited July 16, 2020 in General Chat
So I'm dumb and didn't read what happens to your pet after you sync it because I was just progressing the story as fast as I could and now my new Corgi is R.I.P lol. Hopefully they will be able to undo my stupidity
Bronzebreakcourtneyystarkiller1286

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sorry for your loss buddy but if they help you, then they would have to help LOTS of skippers who don't read.

Going to have to make do with your loss sadly. A real shame...be more careful next time to avoid this happening again and a warning for those willing to do what the OP did.
    BronzebreakCaterexstarkiller1286Shakaya
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Alshian wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss buddy but if they help you, then they would have to help LOTS of skippers who don't read.

Going to have to make do with your loss sadly. A real shame...be more careful next time to avoid this happening again and a warning for those willing to do what the OP did.

I doubt that the type of people that skip patch notes and the type that read forums for advice prior to acting have much overlap.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sad. I don't think they can recover your corgi...
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Greta wrote: »
    Sad. I don't think they can recover your corgi...

Well, I mean they could but the 'will' part is a lot less likely.
    At least there's a *chance*, even if it ain't so good of one.
  • JasJMJJasJMJ

I don't see why they wouldnt help, and if there really is THAT many people making the same mistake then I think they should make a better warning for it
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 17, 2020
    Wait! It's possible for an in-game mechanic to delete one of your pets? One of the pets you PAID for? Isn't it true that even paid for items can be brought back from zero max durability with rusty hammers? Is there no in-game mechanic to bring them back? <remembers the lively discussion during the permadeath server thread>

If recovery is possible, it would be done in one of two ways: either they just give you a brand new pet of the same type, or IF THEY HAVE HISTORICAL BACK-UPS OF THE DATABASE, they can restore your pet, it's name, it's level of development, and it's inventory contents, from said back-up. If they can do the latter, fantastic, BUT if your pet gets truly deleted then it's name would be available. So, what happens if someone makes a new pet with the same name THEN you request a pet restoration from back-up? You can't get the name back. What happens then? Yet another reason for Nexon to implement record number as primary key rather than name with server of residence.
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    JasJMJ wrote: »

I don't see why they wouldnt help, and if there really is THAT many people making the same mistake then I think they should make a better warning for it

There was warning enough though. Fynn Sync, no matter how you look at it, is like merging. You have your main ingredient then the sub ingredients which would obviously be lost during the merging. There was even instructions in the "?" mark so you could know what you were doing.

It is too bad that you lost the pet, but I dont feel like they are OBLIGED to recover it. You live, you learn. You read the instructions.
    ShakayaBronzebreak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 17, 2020
    There was warning signs everywhere and i luckily learned about them during stream, but i wonder if OP actually did any kind of research before trying to do anything there...? I would never proceed with unknown skill which requires you to create something. I always double check instructions. God, i remember when i wen't to read on Blacksmithing/Tailoring mini-game instructions. Even Wine Making one as well... Because i got confused and quickly backed out to read what's up before i messed up lol.
    ShakayaBronzebreak
  • ZamberZamber
    Mabinogi Rep: 785
    LOOL
    Bronzebreak
  • JasJMJJasJMJ
    Helsa wrote: »
    Wait! It's possible for an in-game mechanic to delete one of your pets? One of the pets you PAID for? Isn't it true that even paid for items can be brought back from zero max durability with rusty hammers? Is there no in-game mechanic to bring them back? <remembers the lively discussion during the permadeath server thread>

If recovery is possible, it would be done in one of two ways: either they just give you a brand new pet of the same type, or IF THEY HAVE HISTORICAL BACK-UPS OF THE DATABASE, they can restore your pet, it's name, it's level of development, and it's inventory contents, from said back-up. If they can do the latter, fantastic, BUT if your pet gets truly deleted then it's name would be available. So, what happens if someone makes a new pet with the same name THEN you request a pet restoration from back-up? You can't get the name back. What happens then? Yet another reason for Nexon to implement record number as primary key rather than name with server of residence.

It is an interesting mechanic to delete your pet completely but like I said there probably won't be many people making the same mistake so I'm sure they wouldnt mind helping. There is a reason why they ask you at what time the incident happened because they can go back in logs on your account and check what happened. It is not that hard, but we will see how they respond to my ticket :)! If it's gone forever it isn't that big of a deal I'll just get another one, lol
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I do hope that something can be done.

Whether it's restoring your dog or them giving you another corgi whistle.

Though at the very least, your base pet got the corgi's large inventory added onto it.
    Yeah, not much consolation, but it's there...

Definitely be careful in the future.
    Any pets absorbed by the main pet during the Fynn Sync process are GONE FOR GOOD.
    Bronzebreak
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Iyasenu wrote: »

It is an interesting mechanic to delete your pet completely but like I said there probably won't be many people making the same mistake so I'm sure they wouldnt mind helping. There is a reason why they ask you at what time the incident happened because they can go back in logs on your account and check what happened. It is not that hard, but we will see how they respond to my ticket :)! If it's gone forever it isn't that big of a deal I'll just get another one, lol

Though at the very least, your base pet got the corgi's large inventory added onto it.

Any pets absorbed by the main pet during the Fynn Sync process are GONE FOR GOOD.

Holy crap! If this is a situation where you MUST lose a pet or not move forward, the I guess it's bye bye free eagle (with no inventory), since I actully do use the free horse quite a bit but the eagle almost never.
    Bronzebreak
  • AlshianAlshian

As a man who knew what people would do is to lie.

So lets say someone did what OP did and messed up but what if folks would lie about it? And managed to get away with it? Sure its unlikely but they are only human so of course there will be errors one way or another from 1 out of 100 would likely get away with it.

The warnings are enough, its haste is what cost ya to make mistakes. So yea...If they had to help every person who made the same mistake, its not a matter of not enough warnings but rather its telling how crippled the playerbase could of been for making hasty decisions over the same issues causing MORE issues.

You have to see it from both sides to see another story, another theory of possibilities because I of all people knew what Humans are like because I AM one.

So now my overly analysis personality is shown yet again over something that could of been too easy to avoid if you only had been cautious while taking your time.

Man I am triggered :U
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited July 17, 2020
    If people can get weapons restored from accidentally stone upping the wrong weapon or the like, I'm sure there's the chance to have your pet restored. Take this as a lesson though, you shouldn't just skip through dialogue because you don't want to read. Listen to the explanation of skills unless you already knows exactly how that skill is going to function. Explanations are there for a reason.
    CaterexShakayaBronzebreak
  • AlshianAlshian
    Restoring "Accidental" special upgrading would be unfair, and could be exploited with a lie of "Accidentally" picking the wrong weapon to upgrade giving them a 2nd chance to prob attempt it again on the same "Accidental" weapon.

So unless they restore the weapon but losing ALL of its enchants and reforge along with the steps on it, then its fine by me. Sucks yes but then this could give them a lesson to be more careful and discourage likely exploiting the support service using lies.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Holy crap! If this is a situation where you MUST lose a pet or not move forward, the I guess it's bye bye free eagle (with no inventory), since I actully do use the free horse quite a bit but the eagle almost never.

I believe for the purposes of ranking up Fynn Sync, Fynn Mastery, and the Elemental thingies and whatnot, you're meant to use Fynni Catching to obtain Fynni Gems, blossom them using Fynni Blossoming to obtain Fynni Pet Whistles, use those whistles to obtain a Fynni Pet and use THOSE as sacrifices.

It's generally a cycle of Fynni Catching -> Fynni Blossoming -> Fynn Sync
    Though since you need Cosmos Perfume to even perform Fynn Sync you'll probably have to not use a lot of your Fynni Pet Whistles and instead sell them to Fionnait the deer in Mag Mell in order to obtain Gold-Leaf Pine Cones to buy Cosmos Extract from her shop and use it with Fynn Crafting in order to make the perfume.

But the only time you'll NEED to use actual pets and not Fynni Pets, is if you want to either:
    1) Add a pet's inventory to another pet (where it functions like a bag/separate window)
    or 2) Add a pet's summon time to another pet (where it adds up to 23 hours 59 minutes)

Fynni pets don't have inventories and don't carry over their summon time, so they're purely for powering up a pet's Fynn Mastery and Elemental skills. (and of course to give you fodder to use to train Fynn Sync yourself)
    CaterexShakayaBronzebreak
  • JasJMJJasJMJ
    edited July 17, 2020
    Good news they did end up restoring my pet :) I didn't think this thread would stir up so much negativity from some people. There's no point in lying about the fynn sync. Just a waste of yours and the GMs time, and they did state it will be a once time thing ever. Also if you were to lie, it wouldn't work as they confirmed that the fynn sync consumed my pet after I gave them the specific time I did it. If your pet isn't consumed and you were to submit a false ticket then you're just wasting your time lol
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerShakayaBronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Good news they did end up restoring my pet :) I didn't think this thread would stir up so much negativity from some people. There's no point in lying about the fynn sync. Just a waste of yours and the GMs time, and they did state it will be a once time thing ever. Also if you were to lie, it wouldn't work as they confirmed that the fynn sync consumed my pet after I gave them the specific time I did it. If your pet isn't consumed and you were to submit a false ticket then you're just wasting your time lol

Good to hear you got your corgi back!
    JasJMJWolfsinger
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited July 17, 2020
    Much earlier, I was going to type that since it is a product you paid for, and this was a one-time freak accident, the customer support team will be more than willing to work with you to recover the pet. I wasn't at home, though. Thankfully you figured it out.

Edit for typos
    JasJMJWolfsinger
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Just a waste of yours and the GMs time, and they did state it will be a once time thing ever. Also if you were to lie, it wouldn't work as they confirmed that the fynn sync consumed my pet after I gave them the specific time I did it. If your pet isn't consumed and you were to submit a false ticket then you're just wasting your time lol
    Glad to hear. I don't think anyone would legitimately try to straight lie about doing something; you could purposefully do it one way and then regret it later (lying about it being a mistake), but if the devs have enough oversight to do over a week of rollback half a decade ago, of course they'd be able to track what/if you're actually using/consuming stuff.
    I also appreciate the courtesy of the recovery, and of them saying that it's one-time (it might not be, but if systems or policy changes in the future, they're not liable, plus then people may just spam sync and ask for recover instead of doing the math ahead of time lmao).