Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best Pet to use as Main pet for Fynn Sync

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in General Chat
What's a good pet to use as the main pet for fynn sync? Thinking of going with either Thunder Dragon or Mir, but what do you guys think? It doesn't have to be either of the two I listed, I just mentioned those as the two I was thinking of using.

Comments

• TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    CORGI OR BUST!!

But to be honest, probably the same pets that are good with divine link. Ceranus, Scooter Imp, Fallen Fairy, etc. You want to up those cumulative levels and summon time, along with being able to compress inventories.
    BronzebreakWolfsingerShakayaLenkyunCrimsọnSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah it's usually gonna be a good Divine Link pet.
    Preferably one with a good aura effect, like Scooter Imp, or the New Corgis, or heck even a Tuan might be nice, even though its normal stats are kinda lowish any pet becomes more powerful as it builds up its Fynn Pet Mastery and Shine of Eweca passive.
    Lenkyun
  • LenkyunLenkyun
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    edited July 18, 2020
    Honestly, I'd say it's probably one of the continuous debuff pets: Scooter Imp, Li'l Jack, Corgi (Warrior/Novice Adventurer for physical debuff, Wizard for magic debuff). From there, assign the ones that debuff/buff on summon to the friend slots as you open those; you'll still be able to summon the pets in the friend slots normally when you're not using the main pet from Fynn Sync, but you have the added bonus of being able to summon things for their on-summon debuffs without losing the pet you're linked to.

So, for example, a Warrior Corgi with the friend slots filled with a Bone Dragon, a Mir Dragon, a Ceraunus, a Fallen Fairy, and an Alto would get the three debuffs (Bone, Mir, Ceraunus) and the two speed/aspd buffs (Fallen Fairy, Alto) while you still maintain your Divine Link and the continuous def/prot debuff from the corgi.

Incidentally, I could also see the Floral Fairy as an option, too, if you want the movement speed buff; you could set it up with the same kind of friend slots to apply the debuffs to enemies/buffs to yourself with the summon skills of the other pets while still having the movement speed from the Floral Fairy. It's a little more situational, but it's a possibility.
    FrahaleahCaterexJianto
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    edited July 20, 2020
    Thanks for the advice guys. Sadly, out of all the ones you guys mentioned, that I have, is the Mir. Least your ideas gave me a reason to save up coin.

Update. just got a young ceraunus. How are they anyway? Since the wiki page is kinda screwy and has copy paste of the corgi abilities.
  • NovancyNovancy
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Frahaleah wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys. Sadly, out of all the ones you guys mentioned, that I have, is the Mir. Least your ideas gave me a reason to save up coin.

Update. just got a young ceraunus. How are they anyway? Since the wiki page is kinda screwy and has copy paste of the corgi abilities.

From what Nexon said when it came out, the Young Cera is the same as the adult version. Only difference is the appearance.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited July 25, 2020
    I got a Wizard Corgi on my first try and I have to say I'm a tad bit disappointed. While their protection and HP and int high out of the gate their other stats and stat growths are abysmally low for a combat pet. They're only slightly better when compared to the stats of cheaper pets people used to buy for storage. What's more is that they don't learn any spells so they will fall behind in int comparatively. If and when you get to 10ttl it shouldn't matter as much. Props to Nexon for not power creeping Lil Jack too soon I suppose lol. The one thing Corgi has on Lil Jack is continuous boost which frankly speaking is good enough reason to have it as your main fynn pet. Edit: Just realized Lil Jack also has the same kind of running boost. Too bad little corgi. You're worse than him in every way.

The much lauded debuff is overrated as well. The protection debuff from the corgis can help weaken mobs that you would one shot anyway or it can do little to nothing at all to mobs you'd have trouble with. Protection grants diminishing returns the higher it is so once you get to higher level content where mobs have 80+ protection 3 full stacks of the debuff can do as little as increase your damage by a 2 or 3 percent. Not to mention there's apparently a cap on said debuff. It's still better to have it than not though but you can only have one pet at a time and there are better alternatives imo. The magic variant of the debuff is unique I suppose but endgame is dominated by physical attacks so I don't see it as being too useful.

Personally I'm more of a fan of effects like the ones seen the floral fairy. 10% movement speed is huge and when stacked with the movement perk should greatly improve the flow of close combat. It's stats are also abysmal, worse than some storage pet even, but shine of eweca should patch that issue.
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    i'm gonna be using my two corgis (adventurer, wizard), my sidhe cat, my milky way scooter and my lil' jack
    i'll also use my kokopo and par.. er.. re:zero ground dragon if i can
    they've all served me well before the pet talent update (besides the corgis, they're new) and i'd feel horrible if i just abandoned them here
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Sherri wrote: »
    i'm gonna be using my two corgis (adventurer, wizard), my sidhe cat, my milky way scooter and my lil' jack
    i'll also use my kokopo and par.. er.. re:zero ground dragon if i can
    they've all served me well before the pet talent update (besides the corgis, they're new) and i'd feel horrible if i just abandoned them here

I agree, sure they may not be 'the best' but they are 'your best'. and besides, what's stopping you from using them as you did BEFORE the update? Who knows, you may even find that newer pets work well with your favs later on down the road.