Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fynn Pets and absorbing cumulative levels

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
edited July 21, 2020 in General Chat
Why are the sub-pet's levels being added to cumulative levels? is there a specific use for cumulative levels on the fynn pet I'm not seeing.

Comments

• FrahaleahFrahaleah
    And here I thought the sync added the sub-pet's level to the main pet's level, enabling it to go above 200. Now that I look at it and run the numbers... I'm glad it doesn't go above 200, can you imagine how strong the right pet would be at level 10k...
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Frahaleah wrote: »
    And here I thought the sync added the sub-pet's level to the main pet's level, enabling it to go above 200. Now that I look at it and run the numbers... I'm glad it doesn't go above 200, can you imagine how strong the right pet would be at level 10k...

....are you saying you...wouldn't like your pets to be stronger, allowing you both to survive even more combined with things like Divine Link?
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    edited July 22, 2020
    KingEphy wrote: »

....are you saying you...wouldn't like your pets to be stronger, allowing you both to survive even more combined with things like Divine Link?

I'm just saying, at current mabi standards, pets going to level 10k would be gamebreaking.

1-shot to any raid boss anyone?
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited July 22, 2020

I'm just saying, at current mabi standards, pets going to level 10k would be gamebreaking.

You can't even summon pets at raids.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Raishii wrote: »

Yet. Give it time till Nexon comes up with an excuse to.
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365

I'm amazed at the bonheadedness of mabi players. You are able to misunderstand the well defined text stating what a skill does, somehow think that pets are immune to stat caps, and imagine pets would do more damage then max gear players.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Tiro wrote: »

I'm amazed at the bonheadedness of mabi players. You are able to misunderstand the well defined text stating what a skill does, somehow think that pets are immune to stat caps, and imagine pets would do more damage then max gear players.

Tiro, It was a 'What if' scenario. I know pets weren't supposed to be stronger than players. I was using an example to describe how strong a pet that 'could' reach level 10k would be, albeit forgetting at the time that fieldbosses desummon pets.

As for misunderstanding well defined text, tell that to the players who accidentally used corgi as the sub-pet in fynn sync, not knowing the sub pet will be lost, despite the text saying the sub-pet will be 'sacrificed', which even I know without looking it up means that the sub-pet will be lost, despite it not explicitly saying the pet will be lost.

In Fynn Sync's case I know it says Cumulative level, but any other time Cumulative level is used in the game, the character level is also used, so when it said that the sub-pet's level was added to the main-pet's level, I assumed the character level of the pet would go up by that much, since any other time we had something that affected cumulative level, it also affected character level as well.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited July 24, 2020
    I just have to recall and re-enact a dialogue that I remember (not necessarily exact wording but close enough to essentially get the message and point across of what had transpired in order to elicit a public declaration by the GMs) being posted on the bulletin-board of a MUD that used to exist...

GM Response in Regards to Petition to Restore Deleted Character : «It has come to our attention that the user, [name with-held], had deleted his character, thinking that the GMs would still be able to restore said character. At the time, we did not feel the need to intervene when several other players were prodding him to type Delete, Delete, and there was NO possible way that we could have predicted that he'd actually take them SERIOUSLY when they were telling him that the GMs would or even could still restore his character even after the EXPLICIT WARNINGS that show up on the screen when typing "Delete [password]" then "Delete [password]" twice.

In fact, the first EXPLICIT WARNING was not only in ALL CAPS (and BRIGHT-Coloured BLINKING Letters), but was even specifically worded (in ALL CAPS) that the "GMs WILL *NOT* BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR CHARACTER" if you proceed to Delete. Not only does the text WARN you ONCE, but TWICE, the second time asking and prompting: "ARE YOU *SURE* YOU WANT TO COMPLETELY DELETE YOUR CHARACTER!? NOTE: ONCE DELETED, YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE PERMANENTLY GONE, AND THE GMs WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR CHARACTER!!! (FINAL WARNING) PROCEED? Y/N"

Unfortunately, we really do not have any possible way of restoring [player-name with-held]'s character, nor will we have any possible means to restore any future characters that anybody chooses to delete, due to the way the system is coded, for ALL of the data is completely deleted and there are NO "back-ups" made of said character-data after a FULL deletion, because of how data is stored/deleted/retrieved in the database. We really did not want to have to make a public announcement out of this, but, like we mentioned earlier, there was absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY that we could have predicted that anyone would have actually taken it seriously when they were being told by other players that your character can still be restored by the GMs even after those EXPLICIT WARNINGS (in ALL CAPS by the way) that your character will LITERALLY BE GONE FOR-EVER and that the GMs WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR CHARACTER. PLEASE use your discretion and DO NOT IGNORE WARNINGS when they are in ALL CAPS BLINKING BRIGHT-COLOURED LETTERS!!! Thank you for your attention and please proceed to continue to have FUN in this digital-universe.

-This has been a public service announcement by the staff at Clandestine MUD»
    As for misunderstanding well defined text, tell that to the players who accidentally used corgi as the sub-pet in fynn sync, not knowing the sub pet will be lost, despite the text saying the sub-pet will be 'sacrificed', which even I know without looking it up means that the sub-pet will be lost, despite it not explicitly saying the pet will be lost.