Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

pet trainer cut-scenes, why do u have to be so fas

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
the title says it all and this problem is not just on pet trainer cut-scenes. I have no problem with a more dynamic and movie like cut-scenes, I know I said it before and cant remember how many times I did, but please! please !! PLEASE!!! will u slow it down a bit TT~TT. while doing a pet trainer cut-scene I literally did not understand a thing. The cut-scene where Pinkie was telling me about Katell and Katell enters the conversation was too fast and confusing. I think players deserve a bit of consideration here, if u guys have no way of slowing it down then why not add voice acting to complete the movie like experience. If ur worried about budget why not let us players audition for it. u guys can put it up on the contest and events section. I think there are many players who talented enough and are more than willing to participate and have a chance to become the voice of some mabinogi NPC.
  1. solution for too fast cuts-scenes6 votes
    1. slow it down
       50% (3 votes)
    2. give it voice acting
       17% (1 vote)
    3. give it voice acting and have players audition for the roles
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 19, 2020
    It was fast? Don't know, i had no trouble reading. You should train your reading skills, i thought you watched a lot of anime so reading subtitles should be a good training for you... Also i lol'd at 3rd poll option.
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    I had no problem with it, but I would love to hear voice acting with this game
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I agree with you, they should of just let people click when they're done reading.
    Kensamaofmari
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Greta wrote: »
    It was fast? Don't know, i had no trouble reading. You should train your reading skills, i thought you watched a lot of anime so reading subtitles should be a good training for you... Also i lol'd at 3rd poll option.

Yes it was too fast and in anime the voice acting sets the pace of my reading speed, this cut-scenes only had 2 beeps every time a new sentence appears. Its still better to let us finish before moving to the next one, I would mostly end up reading 3-4 words before the scene moves to the next sentence and once I end up unable to read the whole thing I get distracted and bothered that I lose focus and because of that I'm unable to read the next ones. In watching anime I always have the option to pause it or go back if I didnt finish reading the whole thing.
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Some of the cutscenes with auto-advancing text boxes wouldn't even have time to finish spelling out all the words before it advanced to the next part.
    Off the top of my head, it happened during the scene where all the animals are commenting on the challenge.

But this kind of stuff happens pretty often in the Shakespeare cutscenes too.
    It's because they translated the text, but didn't actually readjust the auto-advancing timers to match the different length of the words that are being spelled out.
    Well, at least that's my guess.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd cringe a lot if they added VA
    they should slow it down or even better, let us click when we're done reading
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'd cringe a lot if they added VA
    they should slow it down or even better, let us click when we're done reading

Imagine fan-made VA... *shivers*
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    cringy japanese terrible VAs overreacting are fine but god forgive some gaijin english speaker try that
    Greta
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I didn't have problems either. Oh wait I skipped the cutscenes and/or didn't bother reading haha.
    aelyss
  • aelyssaelyss
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I didn't have problems either. Oh wait I skipped the cutscenes and/or didn't bother reading haha.

This.