Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

*NEW* Homestead Housing Hot-Air Balloon Box

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
edited July 27, 2020 in General Chat
from the description on the event page we assumed we would be getting a new homestead house much like the Deep-forest Comfortable Treehouse:
de23l1d-ef64896b-282c-44a2-93a2-35a568565441.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTIzbDFkLWVmNjQ4OTZiLTI4MmMtNDRhMi05M2EyLTM1YTU2ODU2NTQ0MS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.i5EkhM-5RNTGL20i0vuYhUmY_TRMhMbFHP1SW8AIwOo

de23l3i-b11102a1-b01d-4f3f-afba-d42f55d6b044.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTIzbDNpLWIxMTEwMmExLWIwMWQtNGYzZi1hZmJhLWQ0MmY1NWQ2YjA0NC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.IlbMhYDhcgm_sHpYEgv_GJDj3qctx--dcckG1swZ-ck
what we actually end up getting:
20200727003003_1_by_kittykira_de23l4r-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wMzVkYmFlYy1hMDdiLTRjZmMtOGVmNC03ZmZkNmI4Njc5ODhcL2RlMjNsNHItOTA2M2EyOTEtN2E1ZC00NjI1LWI5ZDUtZjYwN2Y3NDE1Y2RkLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.zxSrzljHmxMhP6bHkxPTOQFRLWPUkBtstR69RBvLvTk

de23lqr-1cf0ba2e-a090-4a26-9d37-c71facca0bf3.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTIzbHFyLTFjZjBiYTJlLWEwOTAtNGEyNi05ZDM3LWM3MWZhY2NhMGJmMy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.NS71U_L-bYu9tixQuiCWfhY_3Odx0kOqNVLgHSega34

good job tricking us Nexon, I got a good laugh out of this when I opened the box.
WolfsingerSherriHabimaru

Comments

• FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    And it's not even april 1st
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Dammit Negu I believed that post 100% without questioning it

It's been 11 years, I should know by now that nothing Nexon writes is true
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I think its fantastic for a tiny person like me. Who wouldn't like having a home that flies!
    WolfsingerHabimaru
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    for some reason I'm not surprised cause I think I saw an image where there was a person behind the house on the balloon house
    but I cant remember where I found that I think it was from the mabinogi news page but the image looks different

has anyone else seen it? I remember the summer master plan page on mabinogi news page looked different than what it looks now
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Well at least I won't be replacing my current homestead house.
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    That's....kinda painfully funny
    Oh well, nothing lost I suppose, but good grief nexon XD
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 27, 2020
    Was extremely disappointed when I opened it up
    I hate it when they pull stuff like this..
    edit: yeah i know already, i did a mistake
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The grammar clearly implies that it's a homestead house themed hot-air balloon rather than a hot=air balloon themed homestead house. Pretty funny seeing people get tricked though.
    Habimaru
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    for some reason I'm not surprised cause I think I saw an image where there was a person behind the house on the balloon house
    but I cant remember where I found that I think it was from the mabinogi news page but the image looks different

has anyone else seen it? I remember the summer master plan page on mabinogi news page looked different than what it looks now

I found it https://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/eventBoardContent.asp?ix=7746
    I forgot that there was a post in "content from other regions" about japan server getting same event
    and probably got it confused with mabinogi news page
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

I found it https://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/eventBoardContent.asp?ix=7746
    I forgot that there was a post in "content from other regions" about japan server getting same event
    and probably got it confused with mabinogi news page

Here is the same page run through Google Translate.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    edited July 27, 2020
    [
    Sherri wrote: »
    I hate when they pull stuff like this..

They didnt prank us, "Negumiko" gave us the idea and alot just got excited and assumed the same thing. They simply didn't correct our assumptions. And you! yes you "Pip-Boy" if you've already figured it out why didn't you say anything, you probably believed it too and you simply say those now to make urself look clever and smart. Even I assumed it was a homestead house or at least a homestead item despite seeing how it looks like from an image in the japan server page. but im not dis-pointed I did had doubts and besides I already installed the comfortable tree house cause it looks so much better than a floating house.

Speaking of comfortable tree house I bet some bofuri fans are probably happy cause it feels like they got a cross-over but not really.
    We got the "Deep-forest Comfortable Treehouse Construction Set" that would pass as maple tree guild house from bufori
    we got silver fox pet (Oboro Sally's fox familiar ) and balloon turtle (Syrup Maple's turtle familiar,) now all they are missing are the outfits hehe
    (I wanted to post about this but im too lazy)
    WolfsingerSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 27, 2020
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    The grammar clearly implies that it's a homestead house themed hot-air balloon rather than a hot=air balloon themed homestead house. Pretty funny seeing people get tricked though.

sorry not everyone is big brained as you
    [
    Sherri wrote: »
    I hate when they pull stuff like this..

They didnt prank us, "Negumiko" gave us the idea and alot just got excited and assumed the same thing. They simply didn't correct our assumptions. And you! yes you "Pip-Boy" if you've already figured it out why didn't you say anything, you probably believed it too and you simply say those now to make urself look clever and smart. Even I assumed it was a homestead house or at least a homestead item despite seeing how it looks like from an image in the japan server page. but im not dis-pointed I did had doubts and besides I already installed the comfortable tree house cause it looks so much better than a floating house.

Speaking of comfortable tree house I bet some bofuri fans are probably happy cause it feels like they got a cross-over but not really.
    We got the "Deep-forest Comfortable Treehouse Construction Set" that would pass as maple tree guild house from bufori
    we got silver fox pet (Oboro Sally's fox familiar ) and balloon turtle (Syrup Maple's turtle familiar,) now all they are missing are the outfits hehe
    (I wanted to post about this but im too lazy)

i even named mine Syruppu :D
    wish we could actually have this crossover though
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I'm not surprised tbh, posted that it was a chair a while ago and didn't disagree with people who thought it wasn't.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 29, 2020
    This is obviously wrong information. In the announcement it has "Homestead" name on it. Bruh...
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    They probably meant to put «Homestead-Style» in the description. Either way, it was «free», and you know what they say about beggars...
    Greta wrote: »
    This is obviously wrong information. In the announcement it has "Homestead" name on it. Bruh...
  • GretaGreta
    Habimaru wrote: »
    They probably meant to put «Homestead-Style» in the description. Either way, it was «free», and you know what they say about beggars...

It doesn't matter if it's free or not, i appreciate free stuff, but not misleading information.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

It doesn't matter if it's free or not, i appreciate free stuff, but not misleading information.

Welcome to Nexon.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited July 30, 2020
    Now that's just silly. ALL of society buys into «propaganda» which is completely mis-leading. You (and pretty much most all of society) actually LOVE mis-leading dis-information ! ;o And [maybe] it wasn't actually «mis-leading» but simply some form/dialect of MabiNexonese (kind of like Legalese/Corporatese/). There is actually nothing mis-leading about the description if you actually know how to speek said MabiNexonese. *puts halo over my head * O=)
    And, hmm, a Maxim of Law I was looking for disappeared, but went something like...: «"Let Him Who Wishes to be Deceived, Be Deceived."»
    M4TiTxI.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Now that's just silly. ALL of society buys into «propaganda» which is completely mis-leading. You (and pretty much most all of society) actually LOVE mis-leading dis-information ! ;o And [maybe] it wasn't actually «mis-leading» but simply some form/dialect of MabiNexonese (kind of like Legalese/Corporatese/). There is actually nothing mis-leading about the description if you actually know how to speek said MabiNexonese. *puts halo over my head * O=)
    And, hmm, a Maxim of Law I was looking for disappeared, but went something like...: «"Let Him Who Wishes to be Deceived, Be Deceived."»
    M4TiTxI.jpg

If it has a name "Homestead" in front then it obviously mean Homestead. But it's actually not named like that. We can read, but Nexon can't type apparently.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Yes ? Sorry ? Whether it's named «Homestead Housing Hot-Air Balloon» or just «Housing Hot-Air Balloon» it obviously mean Hot-Air Balloon.
    Sure, they could have described it as a «chair» of some sort, but it doesn't look like a chair... a word «Miniature» may have been useful though.
    M4TiTxI.jpg
    If it has a name "Homestead" in front then it obviously mean Homestead. But it's actually not named like that. We can read, but Nexon can't type apparently.