Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Special Space for Pet Whistles

AquaEyesAquaEyes
Mabinogi Rep: 755
in Feedback and Suggestions
dear god please.

gimme a pet whistle bag or some type of temporary (1yr+ pls) storage like the bag that holds bingo/point things or the ability to throw pet whistles in pets.

p l e a s e.

sincerely,
someone who has almost an entire 121 space bag filled with pet whistles.
Atheist42

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why can't i store fynni gems on my pets? It's ridiculous. At least you can sell/use the whistle...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You can put them in your bank at least, same for Fynni Gems.
    But really you should be either using the whistles to get the Fynni Pets and Fynn Sync them into your pets or turning in your excess pet whistles to Fionnait.
    If you're getting THAT many whistles, you must have a constant supply so you definitely don't need to hoard them or anything.

And @Greta, you can sell Fynni Gems, but only at Fionnait's Shop.
    Grade E gems are 100 gold each and it goes up 100 with each grade up to 500 gold apiece for Grade A gems.
    But like whistles, you can also put them in the bank if you want to hold onto them.
  • GretaGreta
    Storing in Bank is kinda inconvenient if i quickly need to grab few. Selling fynni gems barely makes any profit anyway. But yeah i sell whistles.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Greta wrote: »
    Storing in Bank is kinda inconvenient if i quickly need to grab few. Selling fynni gems barely makes any profit anyway. But yeah i sell whistles.

Yeah, but I guess the only other option would be to choose only one type of Fynni Gem you actually care about keeping and bloom those exclusively.
    At least that's kind of what I've ended up doing, just Blooming Werewolves from Fiodh since I'm running it so often anyways. Since they're Grade As and have a good chance of giving a Level 200 whistle at r1 Blossoming.

I think E and D grade gems give a slightly better Pine Cone per Hour rate, but I'm more into getting Lv200 Fynni Pets for Fynn Sync sacrifices.
    But yeah the amount of space taken up if you're hoarding the stuff for some reason instead of using/trading them right away can be quite large.
    c127b00941.png

Then I have like another 60 in the bank and already 100 Fynni Pets sitting in my Pet List. xD
    8ca9e7766b.png
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 1, 2020
    oh geez.. you're probably swimming in those gold pine cone things, im jealous :(

edit: also, should probably share this.. i've been using a teleport imp to teleport to Fionnait when my bags get too full of whistles.
    also, a bag to hold whistles in general would be nice (something like the soul stream inventory?), both fynni pets AND normal whistles :p
  • AquaEyesAquaEyes
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Iyasenu wrote: »

You can bank Fynni-related items, but you can't bank regular pet whistles. I don't care about Fynni items, I can figure out inv space for that- but normal pet whistles? I'm up to my eyes in them. The only place you can store them is in your regular inv, which is hell.

I'd be willing to farm ducats at this point for some type of pet whistle storage.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited August 1, 2020
    AquaEyes wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

You can bank Fynni-related items, but you can't bank regular pet whistles. I don't care about Fynni items, I can figure out inv space for that- but normal pet whistles? I'm up to my eyes in them. The only place you can store them is in your regular inv, which is hell.

I'd be willing to farm ducats at this point for some type of pet whistle storage.

Oh! It didn't even occur to me that you were swarming with REAL pet whistles.
    Whoops, I just assumed this was about Fynni stuff, since it's new and all.

Hmm, why not just use at least some of them every weekend and level them up to 200 in a Baltane Elite mission?
    Whether you decide to keep the pets yourself or sell them later, you can't trade whistles so the pets would have to be made anyways, and there aren't much better times to level up a pet than during the weekends' uncap to Baltane Elite EXP. And a leveled up pet would be worth more if you did decide to sell it off later.

Or if that's too much, you could also just make them and keep them at level 1.
    Could do worse than have like 25 extra junk pets rather than an 11x11 bag full of space-clogging whistles.
    I mean, at least until this kind of bag you're suggesting is a thing. That kind of bag doesn't even exist over in the KR version of Mabi, so you'll be stuck with the whistles for an undetermined amount of the foreseeable future if you don't just use them and get them out of the way.
  • GretaGreta
    But why would you hold so many pet whistles?

Someone's been a whale lately... ;)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    But why would you hold so many pet whistles?

Someone's been a whale lately... ;)

Maybe they already have too many pets, so pet whistles pile up?