Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi need "Proper" quality of Life changes.

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
in Feedback and Suggestions
Mabinogi had been around for quite a while now, and their had been changes a few times but as they add new things to the game old features were overlooked as well as new features being underwhelming missing out on potential ideas which could of been added for better experience. I had been with Mabinogi as it's player and consumer for about 9 years now since Romeo and Juliet.

I can't say that I am "Knowledgeable" about what path Mabinogi should take and follow but what I can say I had "Experience" being with Mabinogi for awhile that I am seeing it taking the path which raises questions. Although enough about that I want to see improvements on Talents and Transformations to catch up to the times that I am sure plenty of players would like.

Talents which need buffs and looked at:

Puppets

Duel guns

Ninja

Magic

and some skills in other different talents which is seen "too powerful" like:

Archery

Warrior

Knight

Alchemy

Fighter

There are talents which are outdated and not caught up to the times leaving them to be forgotten or too weak to see much of use. This in the end left us with about 85% of total skills in the game to be worthless and only for stat fodders because of meta along with a set of mind about "Kill before they kill you". We have the most powerful skills in the game but made you wonder how come other talents don't share the same glory? Balance reason? No, because the game lack balance anyways. Talent Bias? Maybe we are seeing more encouragement of Physical melee damage in the game than Range and magic.

I had no idea what goes through the mind of the developers when they design Mabinogi or what they plan to turn it into but when they want to try something new...at least make old content adapt to change or else it shows horrible age telling the world of negligence.

There are "transformations" which also need to see improvements as well:

Paladin

Dark Knight

Falcon

Beast

Awakening of Light/ Morrighan and Neamhain

But I must not forget our newest addition of transformation..."Nascent Divinity" surprised? This is a new Transformation which I had thought to be the most epic and awesome experience only to realize sooner than I thought of how pointless, underwhelming, and Lackluster Nascent divinity is. Since you can only use it on a set duration depending on rank you would think this transformation would speak usefulness and worth the time of duration? No, its way too weak and not impactful at all, it may look powerful but its one of the weakest Transformations in the game right behind Paladin, Dark Knight, Falcon, Beast and Awakening of Light still being the top Transformation in the game.

Nascent Divinity had so much potential to design which would of at least beat Awakening of light in usefulness till it's inevitable duration running out, it could of used the sword of the gods "Brionac" as a melee weapon with godly swordsmanship of grace fitting for it's otherworldly aura, choosing the path of the sword to being unique only to Nascent Divinity. It could of been more impactful, it could of been more fun instead of the brain dead and boring snapping of fingers which is POOR gameplay design for such a otherworldly being.

Instead we only have ONE nuke which can only be used ONCE per transformation duration due to it's long cooldown, as well as effecting properties of Crusader skills unique only to Nascent Divinity, Alas the crusader skills STILL share the same cooldown so even if you used Shield of trust for protection, you can't use Judgement Blade right after due to sharing cooldown...its clunky, and most of the time speak to your own doom due to endgame mobs hitting HARD as you gain Advance stander effect unable to use your basic skills to shove the swarming group for you can only attack one enemy or use Judgement blade but its cooldown is too long.

As the newest addition to the list of transformations, its one of the WORST transformations in the game by design and only used for one quick Nuke and your done, no need to keep using it for the rest of the duration because you can do a LOT better without transformations anyways.

You would think Transformations was suppose to give ya an EDGE over your foe but it instead holds you back from doing better than you do without it.

Mabinogi had this spirit that keeps me from looking the other way and only looking at Mabinogi, something about it just keeps making me come back despite other new game titles appearing, I came back because Mabinogi is Iconic, its something that no game ever had for the longest time, "To be what ever you want in this fantasy life and with friends". This pretty much made me into such an old time player.

Seeing the Pet update is a good addition to improving pets and hope to see revisits of older content to be improved.

Mabinogi needs to see change and "Proper" improvements of quality of life changes...

IGN Alfeina
Server Alexina
CMKyrios
  1. Do you want Mabinogi to see "Proper" quality of life changes? Add your reason below.7 votes
    1. Yes.
       71% (5 votes)
    2. No.
       29% (2 votes)

Comments

• MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited August 3, 2020
    Paladins, Dark Knights, Beast, and Falcon shouldn't so much get buffs on their own, but be affected by other transformations or get talent-specific buffs to make them much more useful when using chosen talents or weapons (bundle with active talent bonus?) This could be really cool if they make a formal in-game recognition of having multi-talent titles equipped when transformed. Also, we should be able to customise the appearances like Nascent Divinity, I'd really like that.

With Nascent Divinity, it's sort of useless without being really keen on ranking your crusader skills - but it also should've been implemented to overlap with the buffs from Demigod...

To summarise:
    I think Paladin/Dark Knight/Beast/Falcon should be similar to Nascent Divinity in that they buff and affect your 'normal' non-Crusader talents.
    Demigod should continue to be an additive you slap on top to add to your overall strength (which it already is, with the exception of Nascent Divinity.)
    Nascent Divinity should just have Demigod activate with it, or at least allow you to optionally turn on Demigod while transformed, and should be rebalanced so as to be competitive with P/DK/B/F if those older skills are updated to buff your talents.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited August 4, 2020
    I think Dark Knight, Paladin, Beast and Falcon transformation should all get a new manage icon like Dance of Death has allowing us to pick any of our previous forms for each of the transformations. this would help make the transformation forms look a little unique instead of seeing 4 different transformations all at rank 1 most of the time plus Infra Black for Dark Knights looks lame. as for improving their power I don't think those transformations should get buffs, instead just change it so we can equip any first and second title we want when transformed into one of them and that alone would make them slightly stronger.
    Mairu wrote: »
    To summarise:
    I think Paladin/Dark Knight/Beast/Falcon should be similar to Nascent Divinity in that they buff and affect your 'normal' non-Crusader talents.
    Demigod should continue to be an additive you slap on top to add to your overall strength (which it already is, with the exception of Nascent Divinity.)
    Nascent Divinity should just have Demigod activate with it, or at least allow you to optionally turn on Demigod while transformed, and should be rebalanced so as to be competitive with P/DK/B/F if those older skills are updated to buff your talents.

I completely agree Demigod is fine the way it is cause as a add on it is probably the best transformation in the game. Nascent Divinity should just let you use Demigod skills as the new transformation simply doesn't have enough skills to be interesting.

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited August 4, 2020
    The reason Nascent Divinity is the weakest transformation in the game is because it took away your use of skills, ALL of them.

Your only left with so few lackluster skills to work with while your original form out preforms it.

Nascent Divinity gave you nothing, no temporary advantage and only made you clunky with the least of survivability.

As for the Paladin, Dark knight, Falcon, and beast, they DO need a buff or outright rework. Even if your now allowed to use your titles which it took away, its nearly pointless with the amount of duration you have before it wears off.

Your stats would of been capped by now at the endgame, the stat gain is so little like you gained nothing at all, and already we all know about is that it takes away your important titles.

As for Awakening of Light, its the best because 1# you lose nothing important on use, 2# you gain increase movespeed and recovery rate of HP, MP, STAM 3# You also can choose between Morrighan and Neamhain effecting how you use it, 4# Brionac having the best effect to reduce Physical defense and protection permanently (which also can be used with Shock)

Awakening of Light gained too much of a good advantage for use while the others look like a serious joke while Nascent Divinity the newest addition of transformations being the absolute worst, they could of done better but they didn't.

Maybe been overlooked for reasons unknown, just hope they notice it soon.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I still believe improved quality of life starts with life skills and the need for a more player based economy (in crafting and providing goods and services) to balance web shop sales to get the community more active and evolved, which would lead to proper improvements in the other listed categories above.
    Mairu
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    I still believe improved quality of life starts with life skills and the need for a more player based economy (in crafting and providing goods and services) to balance web shop sales to get the community more active and evolved, which would lead to proper improvements in the other listed categories above.

I can agree with this.

That and also remove the restrictions on some items like "HUMAN ONLY" items or "GIANT ONLY" even "ELF ONLY" as it there is alot of issues with character building in the game, I would love to use a lance on a elf, or a bow on a giant.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Paladins, Dark Knights, Beast, and Falcon shouldn't so much get buffs on their own, but be affected by other transformations or get talent-specific buffs to make them much more useful when using chosen talents or weapons (bundle with active talent bonus?) This could be really cool if they make a formal in-game recognition of having multi-talent titles equipped when transformed. Also, we should be able to customise the appearances like Nascent Divinity, I'd really like that.

With Nascent Divinity, it's sort of useless without being really keen on ranking your crusader skills - but it also should've been implemented to overlap with the buffs from Demigod...

To summarise:

At the VERY least, Paladins should get an Active Skill.

Whoever thought of making Paladin without an active skill ought to be hanged.
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited August 13, 2020

They probably didn't even have Dark Knights fully planned out when they released Paladins and probably thought DK would just be an alternative overall stat buff compared to Paladins, rather than think of transformations as having their own abilities and etc. like Demigod or Nascent Divinity would later have.
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    Considering that DK and Pally are both very old transformations, with Elf and Giant right behind them, these early transformations are more of a stepping stone towards later ingame content. Pally gets alot of defensive abilities, as for DK they are more suited for offensive.

Though it would be nice to... idk... combine different transformations, think about it. and ill use a spoiler for those who did not finish G21.
    In G21 there is alot of talk about different energies within the main character, but equally balanced enough where it wont destroy the character. Now that is what Nascent Divinity is suppose to be, but I think it should also take the buffs from other transformations that you may have, like demigod, or pally/DK, as in reflecting the health and defenses of said transformations.

That said, I think it is kindof bogus that you cannot use previous generation transformations during Nascent Divinity, sure it is strong, but you gain no health bonuses right off the batt, so instead of being a tanky god like creature, you are more of a glass cannon. It is a 'either or' situation, you can be a Nascent Divinity or the others, but not all of them.
    Mairu
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

They probably didn't even have Dark Knights fully planned out when they released Paladins and probably thought DK would just be an alternative overall stat buff compared to Paladins, rather than think of transformations as having their own abilities and etc. like Demigod or Nascent Divinity would later have.

They could've done a hell of a lot better, but I've learned to never have any good expectations from this game, anymore.